Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Usopp or Wiper?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Usopp

9 64.29%
  • Wiper

5 35.71%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Usopp vs Wiper

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usopp vs Wiper

I'm not understimating Usopp. I'm just basing my argument on actual manga facts. I also hope for Usopp to get considerably stronger, but for now he isn't someone who can take anything what the World put against him. He didn't show anything really strong enough for now to take opponents of Wiper's level. And I also can't agree that brain always wins against muscles. Actually it's not especially in shounen. In the first part of the Grandline Usopp's role was to be a sharpshooter (and it's only dedicated to be very precicious in his shooting) and to take out all the fodder. I actually believe for now his role will be the same. Only the level of fodder changed a bit, so he had to get an upgrade.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ussop gave pre-timeskip Luffy a good fight, and Luffy w/ out gears was about on par with Wiper. IMO, If at this point Ussop isn't able to beat Wiper then he shouldn't be going to the new world. Sure Ussop's best at taking out fodders from distance, but I don't think that means that that's all he can do.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have seen more of ussop now (although certainly not everything) and I still feel he would actually pull this off although with difficulty. Ussop certainly does not lack in firepower to begin with and he is certainly more versatile than wiper when it comes to a range fight. I don't think ussop would be unable to avoid wiper's attacks (even that beam thing) and even then his accuracy should be far superior to wiper's meaning that even at a distance it would not be strange if he gets a hit on him. Ussop has shown some ability to manipulate terrain (by growing dangerous plants) and at least 2 nukes (which should hurt wiper considerably IMO). Ussop in spite of his appearance has shown an absurd capacity to take damage, even before the timeskip when he was essentially a normal human he was able to take gargantuan amounts of damage, enough to actually somewhat take on luffy even though he was already hurt from his fight with the frankys. In this particular regard I don' think wiper can simply take out ussop in a close range fight, even if he takes a beating I would argue he should be capable of standing up and keep fighting for more than a decent while. In the end, I would give his to ussop due to his greater versatility.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2