Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Will the proposal be a success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - GO HIRAMARU.

    8 61.54%
  • No - REJECTED.

    1 7.69%
  • No - He's got no ring. D:

    1 7.69%
  • No - Ferris wheel is out of order (comedy option)

    3 23.08%
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 259

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

  1. #16
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Alpha, AM vs Eiji is already here in our faces, we know that they wont get a Anime anytime soon, but Iirc Crow got an anime with less than 100 chapters so Reversi isn't going to need that many if it's as good as they are saying it is.
    AM vs Eiji was "in our faces" ever since Eiji was introduced. What I was talking about was the actuall battle of Reversi vs Zombie Gun. First of all, both series are not even serialized yet. They're supposed to get serialized, but they aren't as of now. And let's not forget that this manga's MC's "goal" is to get an anime and not beat Eiji, so even after they beat Eiji (assuming they do) there's still the whole anime business.

  2. #17
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    AM vs Eiji was "in our faces" ever since Eiji was introduced.
    I disagree about that part.
    Something that has always been bothering me is that AM vs Eiji was never really the focus.Sure,they always called each other rivals,but in the end,they never actually faced off as those.That's another reason for loving this chapter.We finally see Eiji and Ashirogi Muto fighting each other directly.

  3. #18
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Yes I know the anime is their biggest dream, but also Beating Eiji (The One person they never could beat) is one of their biggest goals also. I am not saying the end of Bakuman is coming to us so soon, but it's relatively close to us in a perspective. There isn't a doubt of the fact that these two manga will get serialized just by looking at the Face of the Former EiC who looked real pleased with the two works so there is no shadow of a doubt that they will go far.

  4. #19
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I disagree about that part.
    Something that has always been bothering me is that AM vs Eiji was never really the focus.Sure,they always called each other rivals,but in the end,they never actually faced off as those.That's another reason for loving this chapter.We finally see Eiji and Ashirogi Muto fighting each other directly.
    They never fought directly, because AM was constantly doing non-mainstream manga, what made AM and Eiji fight in different categories in the first place. That's how Nanamine was born (figuratively, mind you) who also did non-mainstream. And now that AM stepped onto mainstream they logically face Eiji. But Eiji was always their selfprocalimed rival. So, AM vs Eiji was introduced from the very begining.


    Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Yes I know the anime is their biggest dream, but also Beating Eiji (The One person they never could beat) is one of their biggest goals also. I am not saying the end of Bakuman is coming to us so soon, but it's relatively close to us in a perspective. There isn't a doubt of the fact that these two manga will get serialized just by looking at the Face of the Former EiC who looked real pleased with the two works so there is no shadow of a doubt that they will go far.
    Let's say it's stepping into it's last arc. Maybe last two arcs. Reversi and Zombie Gun getting a serialization still will take some time. I mean it will cost some Bakuman chapters.

  5. #20
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    I think Nanamine was created for the sole fact they needed a true Antagonist for the series, because AM had no true Antagonist to go against or take down.

    Actually Eiji vs AM has happened several times already. Crow vs Trap, Crow going 20 weeks at number 1 and everyone trying to take him down...

    Actually... They really have truly never gone 1v1.... Errr I should say 1v2 against him.

  6. #21
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I think Nanamine was created for the sole fact they needed a true Antagonist for the series, because AM had no true Antagonist to go against or take down.

    Actually Eiji vs AM has happened several times already. Crow vs Trap, Crow going 20 weeks at number 1 and everyone trying to take him down...

    Actually... They really have truly never gone 1v1.... Errr I should say 1v2 against him.
    Just my words. Crow/Trap, 20 weeks marathon, they faced off several times. And Eji always beat the life out of them. Using only manga logic, shows that sooner or later AM will beat Eiji. It's just that fact that Ohba made Eiji get 692 votes, what is supposed to hype him up even more. Let's not forget that Eiji wants to create the best manga in the world. AM didin't manage to beat the best WSJ-manga. They want to beat the best manga in the world?

  7. #22
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    They never fought directly, because AM was constantly doing non-mainstream manga, what made AM and Eiji fight in different categories in the first place. That's how Nanamine was born (figuratively, mind you) who also did non-mainstream. And now that AM stepped onto mainstream they logically face Eiji. But Eiji was always their selfprocalimed rival. So, AM vs Eiji was introduced from the very begining.
    I agree on the fact that Nana was born from Ohba's pen because they didn't have anyone to directly compete with,that's why I don't disagree on the fact that Nizuuma was introduced early,but he never really fought them,you know.He is my problem.
    It doesn't matter whether they do mainstream or non-mainstream.Quality is what matters,but it seems they never had enough of that.So I don't know if Ohba never intended to make them compete because of that reason or because he just wrote it badly.Either way,AM vs Niizuma was never as prominent as it should be,which makes this chapter even better for me.

  8. #23
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Just my words. Crow/Trap, 20 weeks marathon, they faced off several times. And Eji always beat the life out of them. Using only manga logic, shows that sooner or later AM will beat Eiji. It's just that fact that Ohba made Eiji get 692 votes, what is supposed to hype him up even more. Let's not forget that Eiji wants to create the best manga in the world. AM didin't manage to beat the best WSJ-manga. They want to beat the best manga in the world?
    It will happen don't doubt the magical powers of AM.

  9. #24
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Note's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    I'd like to see shiratori (rubata and peace guy) come back and challenge to AM. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far though I do prefer zombie gun to reversi simply because reversi is a death note copy and I'm surprised no one has said anyting considering death note exists in that era (If i wrote a manga called Lizardsphere Y about an ape boy searching for the 8 lizardspheres which summon a lizard which grants 2 wishes I'm sure someone would notice :/ if not then I'm on my way to stardom). I think AM may draw with eiji on this occasion but not overtake.

  10. #25
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    I don't think we will be seeing Shiratori in the series anymore, He was more of a Swing and a Miss with people and wasn't portrayed as a favorable Character in the series. I think what Obata/Ohba are doing is making Reversi as close to Death Note as possible and it seems as if Bakuman is more of a Biography around them.

  11. #26
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    I agree, I don't think Shiratori will be returning either. They developed a lot of backstory for him by introducing his family, and then created potential for further development by him having his own series and Kato having an apparent crush on him. My guess is that he wasn't popular so faded from the story. Like Shizuka and Koogy. Since Nanamine has been utterly defeated, I don't really see him returning either.

    Maybe there will be a big cast ensemble at the end for the wedding

  12. #27
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    I completely forgot about Shizuka in the series... I kinda liked him in the story, he did have an interesting background to him, but never sufficed enough to becoming a big name in out series or didn't hit it off that well with the readers.

    I doubt some of the antagonists from the Cast will be at the wedding when it happens.

  13. #28
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Damn,I really miss Shizuka.D: He was always one of my favourites.
    I wouldn't call him an antagonist,though.He was...er....what was he?

  14. #29
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Damn,I really miss Shizuka.D: He was always one of my favourites.
    I wouldn't call him an antagonist,though.He was...er....what was he?
    Ryu Shizuka



    Ohba should stop hyping up characters and then just forget about them.

  15. #30
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Ryu Shizuka



    Ohba should stop hyping up characters and then just forget about them.
    I remember him and almost every awesome panel involving him,but how did he fit into the Bakumanverse?He was not really a rival or anything.I think he was simply the first one to make such a gruesome and inhuman manga in JUMP.Other than that,he did not seem to have any plot importance....

    And yes,I agree.Same happened to Koogy.Didn't he like try to work with Ko?What happened?
    Characters like goddamn Miura stay forever,though.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts