Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Will the proposal be a success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - GO HIRAMARU.

8 61.54%
  • No - REJECTED.

1 7.69%
  • No - He's got no ring. D:

1 7.69%
  • No - Ferris wheel is out of order (comedy option)

3 23.08%
New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 154 Discussion / 155 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Does anyone think we'll get to see Shizuka or Shiratori in Hisshou?Would be an appropriate time for a comeback.
    I would hope to see both of them come back as I enjoyed Shiratori's Character and Development and Shizuka just because we need another Dark Author in the series :3

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubt it. I don't think Ohba will focus on Hisshou much except for the odd PCP ranking maybe. Or the odd panels of what it's like to have two series at once.

This whole ordeal is just a neat way to sweep PCP under the carpet and let Ashirogi Muto have a new fresh hand without having PCP cancelled.
    -

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    This whole ordeal is just a neat way to sweep PCP under the carpet and let Ashirogi Muto have a new fresh hand without having PCP cancelled.
    This was my exact thought. I was wondering if they were going to cancel PCP in the end but this makes it so everything works out neatly and everyone's happy.

Since they need new assistants now, I think it's likely that Shiratori will come back and who knows, maybe Kato will make her move I don't know if we'll ever see Shizuka again, but I sincerely hope so!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pina View Post
    Since they need new assistants now, I think it's likely that Shiratori will come back and who knows, maybe Kato will make her move
    This.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. I'm suffering from romance withdrawal in this manga, I think. We haven't had a lot of female interactions lately.
    -

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This move was awesome, I didn't see this coming =D

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. I'm suffering from romance withdrawal in this manga, I think. We haven't had a lot of female interactions lately.
    Agree, we really need more of Miho showing up in the manga... It would probably boost Mashiro to do better high quality art.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,I don't really want to see Miho used as a goal over and over again.I want to see her work her ass off.We saw some glimpes of it several volumes ago,but that's about it.She's only used as motivation and isn't really seen as a person.At least that's the feeling I got from the past chapters.Just a tool to get the protagonist even further in the story if you know what I mean.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    She's only used as motivation and isn't really seen as a person..
    Agreed. That's what I meant by female interaction. Like the time when Mashiro was hospitalized. We don't see those kind of character development interactions anymore. When was the last time we saw Kaya smash Takagi's face in or them having a sarcastic convo? We haven't seen much Aoki/Hiramaru interactions lately as well (although it was at the end of the Nanamine arc, it felt like a long time).

That's why I've always felt like Bakuman is ending soon. The story's so...linear and transparent at the moment. Like, you've got a straight, empty street and that's it. There's no pedestrian or shops on either side to make the journey less mundane.
    -

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sir_arles View Post
    This move was awesome, I didn't see this coming =D
    Eh really? I really expected this twist in the storyline somewhere, it didn't make any sense story wise, to let reversi run in Hissho long term.
    I didn't expect it to be this quickly though!

I also feel that romance was really well executed throughout major parts of bakuman, in the begining it was a big part of the story.
    Its such a shame that it came so much underused by the authors it was a really strong point to the whole manga spirit. It helped alot in character development too. The Hiramaru/aika arc was soooo awwwesome!
    Last edited by murtas; November 07, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. That's what I meant by female interaction. Like the time when Mashiro was hospitalized. We don't see those kind of character development interactions anymore. When was the last time we saw Kaya smash Takagi's face in or them having a sarcastic convo? We haven't seen much Aoki/Hiramaru interactions lately as well (although it was at the end of the Nanamine arc, it felt like a long time).

That's why I've always felt like Bakuman is ending soon. The story's so...linear and transparent at the moment. Like, you've got a straight, empty street and that's it. There's no pedestrian or shops on either side to make the journey less mundane.
    I think what I want to see more of is sorta how when Mashiro stopped Miho from doing the Photoshoot and they went and spent the day together or something like that.

I agree how we need to see more Kaya hitting Takagi, maybe it will give him more help with writing Reversi . I think the reason why we haven't seen any Aoki/Hiramaru interactions lately is because of the fact it doesn't fit into the present story right now, I mean it could be used for even more comedy effect but not at this time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've read this chapter like 5 or 6 times, and I still can't get over the last couple of pages where they're all called to the meeting room. I thought it was great how Hattori really showed what he wanted, but I did think that Saiko getting up too right after that was a little forced.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xdanx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    So I've read this chapter like 5 or 6 times, and I still can't get over the last couple of pages where they're all called to the meeting room. I thought it was great how Hattori really showed what he wanted, but I did think that Saiko getting up too right after that was a little forced.
    I can't even begin to understand why would you think that. I didn't think that at all, because they made pretty obvious that Saiko wanted exactly the same thing, but he didn't dare to simply say it, and what he did was to take the chance to show his true feelings about it when Hattori did. It wasn't forced at all.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what annoyed me was the Shuujin waited until after Saiko and Hattori said anything about wanting Reversi published in WSJ before joining in the bandwagon.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I think what annoyed me was the Shuujin waited until after Saiko and Hattori said anything about wanting Reversi published in WSJ before joining in the bandwagon.
    That's what annoys me about Shujin in general,or rather,the way he is portrayed by Ohba.I sometimes have trouble seeing him as the main character next to Mashiro,because the latter clearly gets more attention.For example,I never felt that Shujin and Eiji are rivals.The character poll Bakuman once had perfectly reflects this problem.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 155 Spoiler Thread

New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast