Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will the proposal be a success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - GO HIRAMARU.

8 61.54%
  • No - REJECTED.

1 7.69%
  • No - He's got no ring. D:

1 7.69%
  • No - Ferris wheel is out of order (comedy option)

3 23.08%
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Attila's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 160 Spoiler Thread

Can I have a "YAAAAY!" for Hiramaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    As for the Ashirogis,I guess what Mashiro mentioned is true.His cover art is not as gripping as Eiji's.Sure,it looks cool,but you just look at it and move on,while Zombie Gun literally reaches for your attention and wants to be read.
    I agree. For me it's like the Bleach and Naruto covers. (Bleach - AM, Naruto - Eiji.) Both of them are cool, but Zombie Gun's more dinamic, eye-grabbing while Reversi's is just a "character on front"-like.

By the way, any guess why so big the gap is?
    Last edited by Attila; December 20, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    I agree. For me it's like the Bleach and Naruto covers. (Bleach - AM, Naruto - Eiji.) Both of them are cool, but Zombie Gun's more dinamic, eye-grabbing while Reversi's is just a "character on front"-like.
    I find it funny you compared AM covers to BLEACH's because the first thing that popped to my mind was the covers of Zombie Powder!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Attila's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach only have 1 or 2 character on its covers like Reveri now on its first. On the other hand Naruto's volume covers have background (okay not too offen) like Zombie Gun (the grave).
    But as I said: that's just me.

To answer my own question, I think the only reason to the gap is the fan base. I mean (for example) if Oda and Ohba&Obata would draw new mangas having the same questionnaire results as Zombie Gun(Oda) and Reversi(O&O) the volume results would be the same too.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 160 Discussion / 161 Predictions

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought of Bleach/Zombie Powder's covers when I saw Reversi's covers. It's eyecatching, but not as dynamic as Zombie Gun's. And yeah, while I agree that the fan base makes a big difference, but it's still surprising that Zombie Gun is doing THAT well. Like Hattori said, the fan base factor should only matter in the beginning, but if Reversi is that good and doing better in the questionnaires, ultimately its sales should still go up and match Zombie Gun's. The extent of the difference is a bit too great, imo.

Despite the gap between Ashirogi and Eiji once again, I still think it's pretty definite that with such good results thus far (that is if they keep it up), Reversi should get an anime sooner or later. Of course, their goal is also to defeat Eiji, so they're gonna have to work harder. I just hope them defeating Eiji doesn't happen at the expense of Bakuman being dragged on even further.

Hiramaru x Aoki was adorable I hope Ohba continues to show snippets of them (preparing for wedding, married life, kids??), if nothing else Hiramaru always provides for awesome comedy relief.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18