Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Manga vs Anime

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga vs Anime

Which one do you prefer? The Manga or the Anime?

Reason I'm asking is because they have different approaches to the story-line as the Anime integrates the fillers to the actual story, the personalities are slightly different, and there are a lot of elements that probably makes the Anime better as a stand-alone anime (non-adaptation).

Please try to keep a civilized tone when discussing and remember that bashing is not allowed.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga vs Anime

Prefer Manga, because they have cahnged some important szenes. For example, the demon world arc. In the manga Oga was saved by a mistery man, but in the Anime he saved himself of telling Beelze, that dinner is ready. Thats stupid !!1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

manga. IMo Anime pace is so fast, and i kinda dont get the awesome feeling from the anime.... I dunno but i prefer manga 100 % more

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I never watch animes of ongoing manga series. But I was giving it a shot, same with Toriko. Since I was surprised to learn that these two series are already getting a anime. Considering that they are not that advanced in plot, to make a decent anime without filler. But it turned out to be as I expected, way too many filler.

Anyway, the main reason I gave it a shot was bc I was curious in Beels voice. But I must say I dropped the series quite early. I didn't even reach 05 mark, If I remember correctly. Manga alwas wins, expect in some cases (like in which the manga is already completed). Good examples would Monster and FMA Brotherhood. Rly good animes.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga, not question about it.

The anime change things unnecessarily, sometimes the characters are ooc from their manga counter part, and SP has bias favoritism towards certain characters and whatnot. There plenty of others things I could name, but my post would turn into a 10 paragraph long rant bash that nobody would want to read.

If only another studio would have picked up Beelzebub before SP did. Maybe it would have been seen more in a positive light. I'm not even sure if it's helping the manga sales at this point either.
    Last edited by Iron21; November 01, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to keep up with the anime and only got until about episode 15. Based on that I definitely prefer the manga.

It isn't as bad but something about it just felt like it's was missing. Beelzebub relies a lot of characters seeming menacing and goofy at the same time. The anime seemed to focus on doing one or the other and seemed to have had a hard time pulling off both. Which I think prevented it from really capturing the spirit of the series the way the better manga to anime adaptations do.(Like Gintama for example).

But maybe that's old news I haven't watched in quite a while.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga is great... The anime is too childish. They cut everything (from the destroyed school to characters), the animation is awfull (if we can call it animation) and i hate that "stroke" they put around every characters so i can't distinguish if it's that stroke or demoniac power. I dropped it at episode 35-36

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga, by far. If manga had some soundtrack in the background, it would be perfect.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I say manga due to the scenes having a huge impact which I haven't felt in the anime although the soundtrack is quite good and seeing it animated is a cool thing it lacks the manga's feel in certain crucial parts

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I got nothing to say i saw the first post from TemplateR and i know what stands there without reading.

Beelzebub manga and Anime are really two different Things. First about the Time Beelzebub is shown half seven in Morning, the complete Story is cutet. First Arc The Scene with the School, in Manga the School was destroyed at the Anime the School was only smashed and twisted. The same to the Demonworld Tour and the End. The unknown Charachter who stops Beel in the Manga, never appears in Anime. Only about the fact that the school was not destroyed. XD

One more the old Discussion with TemplateR and other the Introducing of Lord En. At the Manga the Discussion, i remember start from older Brother and end with Grandpa visit. At the anime Lord En from time to time appear. But the Comedy are still exist in the Anime and that is good. A Point who speaks for Beelzebub, only a handfull filler epsiode or parts in the episodes.

I read the Manga and watch the Anime. I will say Anime is nice to watch, when i only want Fun. The manga is good for people how love story, uncut action and all charachters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah the anime.... oh how I hate thee...

I've been watching this anime up to the current episode, just to see it things will have gotten any better and you know what? not only did it not get better, but it ACCTUALLY GOT WORSE!!

Take the current episdoe, It was a little nice to see hilda take out those wet nurses *ok seriously ANOTHER TOY GUN? dammit* But after that was really something worth for me to pop a vessel. The isyama gang acctually show up to bust lord en and his maids, some weird dipshit of a demon shows up instead of initally graffel and those other guys, freakin TOJO, who ISN'T EVEN IN THE CENARIO, busts through the friggin window, and now we have aoi apparently showing up!*I like Aoi and all, as well as tojo, but when you screw with the plot it gets personal* they need to NEED TO end it, bury it, let the worms eat it and then let the grips of heck itself grab its remains and BURN IT UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT!...pant...pant... *yeah, I like the manga better*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me if the anime deviates away from the manga? I prefer watching the anime than the manga. Does the anime follow most the elements in the manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga and anime are VERY different, and the anime is FAR WORSE than the manga. Actually, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it's ruining the reputation of Beelzebub manga (which is really awesome). In the anime the story is altered, some very important parts are cut/missing without any apparent reason and the general impact of Beelzebub is missing, while the manga packs quite the punch in every single page. I watched about 20 episodes of the anime, before deciding it was actually RUINING the super opinion I had of Beelzebub manga. In short, my advice is: start by reading the manga. You will love it. THEN, and only then, if you want to start watching the manga you're free to give it a try, but my guess is you will end up sticking to the manga and hope the anime never was licensed in first place! Oh, did I even mention the fillers?!

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NoT LucK e's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Always.

Manga > Anime

Always.

New Reply