Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Gear 333 Discussion/ 334 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 333 Discussion/ 334 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    ditto!

I just don't see him wanting to accomplish his "goals" thru Sora only.

Sora has to be a "key" that unlocks what Minami is truly after...

If he gave Sora those sweet legs and is the creator of all these powerful AT cores... it would basically idiotic of him not to find a way for him to use and incorporate them for himself.
    Agreed, I don't see Sora losing and Minami going "Oh well I failed, better luck next time" then just walking away.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Space elevator? Really? Awesome Though, 3 km into the ground then going up, would make it only 3 Km up, so, not enough to go trough the atmosphere right? So how come they're in space or whatever, OG has lost his mind xD

Anyway, I'm with Carnevil when he says that Minami isn't going to back away like it was nothing.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Minami might actually be the end boss, but then if he is, then Ikki will be more involved in it than just having to beat him. They're father and son, after all; some of this might actually be connected to Minami's past and also whether or not Minami experimented on his own son.

Anyways, I do wonder why the hell Rika doesn't care that her sisters are in such a condition.

I hope Kururu's okay and that her mind didn't get trapped inside Skylink. If it did, it'd suck. But at least the Storm Regalia's finally been completed. I can't wait to see it in action.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 333 Spoiler Thread

Most likely OG knew that a combo of Yoshitsune (Sora knew if either him or Nike fought him 1v1 or even 2 v 1 that they still had a possibility of losing) + Kiric (GG) would ultimately just end the story to a complete hault lol. AND I THINK SO TOO! I understand why Yoshitsune had to die ( For Ikki to obtain the storm regalia) But I really dont understand why Kiric had to die. I mean come on, his death was to explain HOW TO ACTIVATE THE SKY REGALIA? REALLY !?-.-'''' Idk But Im suprised Kiric died though, I mean he was the "perfect Gravity Child" after all. And I thought that Dr. Minami was Ikki's Untold of Uncle? So I want to know, Where is Ikki's Father? and Rika's Mother? I feel like this cant be the end because there still questions like those that be expanded into arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kiric wasn't dead... but if he lives then so should Yoshitsune!!

I would of LOVED to see a tag team fight with Kiric and Yoshitsune! Those two should of been the ones to face Sora and Nike!!

I have to say though that if Kiric did NOT see this outcome as a possibility then he certainly does not live up to his character that has been laid out before us since the beginning.

I wonder as well about the calm actions of Ikki and Ringo... what do they know that we don't?

I look forward to seeing how Ikki will one up Sora.

I still have issues with the whole Rika situation... why is there no part of her that cares what has just happened to her family!?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

After reading the chapter... I am starting to think that the "END BOSS" may not be Sora, but instead may very well be Minami...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Yeah, Minami might actually be the end boss, but then if he is, then Ikki will be more involved in it than just having to beat him. They're father and son, after all; some of this might actually be connected to Minami's past and also whether or not Minami experimented on his own son..
    There's no proof that they're Father and Son, that's just speculation as OG has never said either way. The whole father son thing has been done to death on manga, I hope OG doesn't go down that road.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed... Minami being revealed as Ikki's dad is a bit overplayed.

Plus it would be kinda a blind side revelation... not once has Minami shown any interest or favor towards Ikki that would clue us in that he was his father...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Either he is Ikki's father, or he is Ikki's uncle, cause they have the last name. For those that don't remember, Itsuki Minami is Ikki's full name... Rinta Minami could very well be his father.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Either he is Ikki's father, or he is Ikki's uncle, cause they have the last name.
    Why exactly does he have to be his father or uncle?

Why can't he be his cousin or something?

Funny how people just immediately draw to the conclusion that he is either the father or Uncle and can be nothing else to Ikki.

Having the last name does not mean he has to be his uncle or father.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    Why exactly does he have to be his father or uncle?

Why can't he be his cousin or something?

Funny how people just immediately draw to the conclusion that he is either the father or Uncle and can be nothing else to Ikki.

Having the last name does not mean he has to be his uncle or father.
    He's significantly older, has the same last name and is the only other minami introduced, so it's no suprise people think he could be either a father or uncle.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member psycheamore's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Air Gear 333 Discussion/ 334 Predictions

I hate accepting the worst so I thought that the picture of SF hanging inside the tower was actually symbolic. How can you wipe out so many people altogether? But considering Sora's pure evil, anything might be expected :/ I sorta hate this ending to SF though. AG, ATs were like this big secret :/

I'm just wondering what the Storm Regalia's gonna look like if the Sky Regalia's that crazy And how is Ikki gonna get it? Are they gonna fight inside the tower?nd what is Sora trying to do? Take over the world? Coz the way Omaha put it, ATs play an unimaginable role in this world even though at the start of A

On a different note, was there ever a battle at the core of the SF headquarters? That 0 gravity place where only Ringo can fight??

Rika's been brainwashed so she really doesn't have control over herself....

I'm fine with Ringo changing clothes so many times XD I mean OG's gotta show off his skills, right? Mild fan service
    Last edited by psycheamore; October 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, it's things like that quasi-guard dog, 'Joseph' and other mechanical beast contraptions that make people say AG is not llke how it used to be. Seriously, compare any scene of Sora and Rika chilling with Stone, Cold, and Stunner in any ordinary setting from the earlier chapters and compare it to a surreal-designed robot guard dog protecting an anti-gravity mechanical space elevator.

And yes, I do believe that seeing all the SF members like that was indeed symbolic and not to be taken literally. It's an art thing. I remember Hiroyuki Takei did it in Shaman King when he had ended the chapter with Yoh, who was stuck by an intense lightening technique, drawn as an eerie skeleton.

But, I don't like how things turned this way. It seems like OG! is aiming for the effect that his idol, Hirohiko Araki of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fame, is pro at creating - the feeling of 'major and extreme change.' But ... when OG! does it in this chapter, he creates 'a very forced feeling of major and extreme change.'
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; October 29, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been implied he could be some sort of relative at least. So if he is, I wont be shocked.

They could also not be related at all and Ikki is just given the family name Minami for some unknown event from their past, not yet revealed.

Also, I believe none of the SF are dead yet (except possibly Kiric). Remember when Kazu was hit with a blast from Nike and his skin seemed to be peeled off from his hands...next chapter, nothing.

Its just dramatic art style.
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; October 29, 2011 at 02:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    He's significantly older, has the same last name and is the only other minami introduced, so it's no suprise people think he could be either a father or uncle.
    Being older means next to nothing.

I have alot of cousins who are significantly older than myself.

I also have cousins who have the same last name as myself.

I think people just want him to be closer related to Ikki to make the story and connection between the 2 more good which is why everyone jumps to that conclusion.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

well minami is like 45... ikki is like 14... that kind of gap for a single generation can only happen if the previous generation to 'keep having kids' well into their senior age which in japan, so it is unlikely due to the already current 'low birth rate'.

supposedly sleipnir and lionheart had fought in the 'forest' (inside the elevator of the tower) because the finals is always held inside that area. so, yes there would have been battles inside the forest, but current sf has not often if at all needed to fight in the finals because there weren't many people actually after the sky regalia (at least the ones that made it to the finals were not always interested in the sky regalia like sleipnir).

as for my new theory for the story:

ringo will end up facing off rika and break through to her by the end of their fight and rika will be herself again. ikki will face off sora and his storm regalia and bada$$ skills will pwn sora though it will be a long drawn out battle. after he is defeated, minami will take the spotlight of final villain by truly taking over the controls of the sky regalia which will force ringo and ikki to retreat (along with rescuing the sf members that are still alive and rika). there will be a small lull of storm rider community wondering what to do in which we will have an even bigger 'mega storm' alliance of all storm rider teams that was participating in the gst (including genesis' grav kids that have more or less been abandoned by sora/minami, the remaining sf members and the rest of the small fry groups that we saw like once or twice so far). the alliance may be lead by simca or kururu (because even if it means taking down a bad guy, ikki wants to stand on his own efforts - just like how he turned down taking leadership of genesis) and they will likely just destroy the tower because its the cause of them not being able to have 'freedom' and minami will sulk over why people won't fight against god and ikki will knock some sense into him about how it is enough that they can 'fly' or that its better to break the rules than to rewrite them the way you want it(human nature to rebel).

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rika will get her memory back facing Ringo, then Ikki will be having a difficult time with Sora. Then we'll see a thorn queen double team with Rika and Ringo attacking Sora.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast