Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: strawHATERS vs. shichibukai (buggy included)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

strawHATERS vs. shichibukai (buggy included)

Magellan, Eneru, Shiki, Smoker, CP9, Sentomaru, Hody Jones, Foxy

vs

Hawkeye Mihawk, Bartholomew Kuma, Sir Crocodile, Marshall D. Teach, Donquixote Doflamingo, Jimbei, Gecko Moria, Boa Hancock, Buggy The Clown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCENARIO ONE

They all have closely affiliated groups (ex. Baroque Works, Buggy Pirates, Thriller Bark, Amazons, Impel Down Staff, Eneru's Warriors, The Flying Pirates)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCENARIO TWO

as is
    -----------------------------------------------

Battle takes place on on Enies Lobby (Fully Repaired)

no poll yet...

EDITZ: CP9 as a whole will now fight, along with Sentomaru, Hody Jones, and Foxy
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; October 24, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: strawHATERS vs. shichibukai (buggy included)

I would go for the shichibukai. Smoker and lucci die not from fighting but from getting caught in the attacks of the others. They are fodder and invariably will receive the fodder treatment. Boa can easily take on enel IMO. Its not like he can't harm her but she has the strength to be acknowledge by sengoku and a mastery of haki and she should be overall the better fighter. Mihawk would have the range to handle magellan IMO and the speed to avoid the poison. His sword should be poison-proof so he could actually take the battle to him. Shiki is a tough one but BB would be able to neutralize his flight and beat him with a quake. Seriously, smoker and lucci have no business anywhere remotely close to this battle.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

EDITZ: CP9 as a whole will now fight, along with Sentomaru, Hody Jones, and Foxy

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I disagree with you saying Smoker and Lucci aren't capable of much in this battle... Lucci was praised by Kuma, and Smoker is no pushover
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker before timeskip is deffinetly a fodder comparing to the majority of the fighters from both sides of this fight. Stll, I would say that the first team has a decent chance to win and mainly because of Foxy. His ability is damn tricky. If he pairs with someone from his team to gang on any of Shichibukai they can take out two or even more consecutively.
    Enel and Magellan are going to be damn devastating also. Actually Magellan can take the majority of the people by himself (Moria, Jimbei, Buggy)
    With a good strategy I would really give this to the first team.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A big question here is whether jinbe has access to water though. If he does I could see him keeping magellan at bay with it.

Also, I think CP9 sheer helplessness in this fight is being grossly underestimated. IMO you could add 100 CP9 and they would still be worthless. CP9 as a whole was about as strong as the strawhats pre time skip, not more. In turn the strawhats were barely capable of taking a pacifista on their own. More so, most of the shichibukai are capable of one shooting pacifista (mihawk is a beast, hancock was said to have taken out a bunch during the war, kuma can just send them flying).... Only guy here who would have trouble with CP9 is moria and he is perhaps the only shichibukai who would not win against a pacifista (and even then he might actually be stronger than rob lucci).

Foxi's ability is dangerous but we have to consider two things. The first is that he is only worth something if he can be protected by other fighters. Even if they did protect him, they would not be able to do so in the long run as the strong fighters in the other team would be more than a match for whoever protects him. Anyone in the shichibukai is strong enough to one shot foxy 1000 times without breaking a sweat.

Sentoumaru is definitely strong but I don't think he would be the one capable of turning the tide in this fight. Smoker, CP9 and foxy will essentially be one shoted by the shichibukai on the other side with even more ease than what they'd do a pacifista (who is by all intents and purposes a machine with more fighting capacity than any of them). Thats how worthless they are in the presence of people of actual strength. Heck, kuma would likely take out the lot of them with a lone ursa shock. In this regard magellan, shiki and enel are grossly outnumbered.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, people are seriously underestimating Lucci. His strength is definitely shichibukai caliber. The rest of them, sure they won't stand a chance, but he himself is strong. That being said, the StrawHaters are outpowered and outnumbered.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucci is no stronger than pre time skip luffy who the war showed to be painfully weak in comparison to actual strong people. The admirals, the vice admirals and all the shichibukai except moria and crocodile (who still would have odds in their favor) would stomp him as easily as they would luffy. Heck, luffy after his two year training is at most an equal to jimbe. At the very least lucci would be worthless against mihawk, kuma, hancock, flamingo and jimbe would one shot him before he can react and he would perhaps appear to put up a fight against BB but in the end any damage BB takes would appear negligible (the guy fought ace, luffy, WB, sengoku and none of the wounds he took appeared to phase him). Lucci is like any other enemy luffy has fought, he was all that he appeared and right now is fodder (except crocodile who apparently can go up against shichibukai without being one shoted).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but no, Lucci was stronger that Luffy in that fight. Lucci would neither get stomped or one-shot. Luffy only overcame Lucci by pushing his body to the absolute limit, but Lucci was still walking rather fine before the end of the fight. Also, considering praise from both Vice-Admirals and a strong Shichibukai, I'm sure Lucci's strength was above Luffy's. By what margin, I don't know, but he is not as weak as you are making him out to be.

And even if he was as strong as pre-time skip Luffy, he still wouldn't get one-shot and would put up a hell of a fight. Luffy fought Mihawk. Wasn't one-shot. Fought Boa for a short time. Wasn't one shot. And had a skirmish with Magellean and BB. Wasn't One shot by either of them. Now by your words pre-time skip Luffy and Lucci are of the same strength. Why would Lucci be one shot before he could react, but Luffy could react and even get some hits in on a couple of the people I listed?

Also, the CP9 were more than just fodder. They were human weapons specifically chosen by the WG (currently the strongest authority in the manga) to destroy those who are a threat to them.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

lucci pushed his body just as much as luffy, he did not give up until the very end. Based on what we saw, it is outright absurd to assume lucci was superior to luffy. Worst case scenario they were equal. Mihawk was barely serious against luffy and more importantly, luffy was on the run from the start of that fight. Attacking was never an option for him. Lucci would not be able to defeat a pacifista (regardless of how strong you think lucci was, a pacifista was a match for the strawhats as a whole, no way in hell lucci would stand a chance) and we saw that pacifista are not worthy enemies of people with actual strength. Heck, if lucci was even remotely as strong as you suggest he would be a match for current luffy which is also absurd. Lucci, as we saw him back at enies lobby, would be plain weak against strong people, he would be equally or more worthless than luffy was.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy before timeskip already surpassed Lucci by a certain margin. Of course he pushed his body to the limit in his fight against Lucci, but as I stated in previous discutions considering their fight Luffy wasn't at his best form at the begining of their fight, cause he took out more than 5 thousand soldiers of Ennies Lobby and then took out Bruno who was the 4th strongest CP9 member who was actually considerably stronger than the likes Chopper, Franky or Nami fought and then he used Gear 3 to break the door of the undeground passage and only then he began fighting Lucci, so of course he wasn't at his best, while Lucci was quite ok.
    Also, after the fight against Lucci Luffy got considerably better after fighting zombies, Oz and Moria in Thriller Bark, fighting Pacifista on Shabaondy and going in Impel Down and breaking out of it.
    Luffy's problem in the War was not only the difference in power between him and main fighters, but also his enourmous loss of stamina in and after Impel Down. Heck, normal person wouldn't even move in his case, but futhermore he pushed himself with his Gears and Iva's hormones (with hormones even twice), so of course he looked rather weak. I would say that in normal state pre-timeskip Luffy was quite a strong person. I would even dare to say that he could have taken an average Rear Admiral (of course in a way he fought Lucci, but still) and I do believe that he was stronger than Kid and Law together.

About the topic... I mentioned Foxy especially in a sense that his role in this fight sould be pretty specific. With a good strategy he can turn the score in his team's favour. If he teams with Magellan or Enel this combo can be pretty much uber strong. At least for the first two fights, cause his power is very surprising. Actually the only thing that Magellan needs is to cover his opponent in his venom and then he can dominate the majority of the people. If combo Foxy+ Magellan can gang on Blackbeard and then on Mihawk, they can really change the fight.
    Also there is a good posibility for them if they make a group from the start from Foxy, Enel and Magellan. It will be disastrous for the majority of the opponents, especially if Foxy manages to slow down time for two or three of Shichibukais at the same time. Then the fight will be practically over in an instant, cause Magellan will cover them with loads of strongest poison and Enel will add his El Tor and it can be the end for those who got caught by Foxy's ability. And then all the Team 1 can consecutevly take down all the Shichi's who are left.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Anyway, doesn't matter as I still think Team 1 is at a severe disadvantage.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Very unbalanced match-up. The only thing that saves Team One from being solo'ed by Mihawk is if it's manga hype Shiki, in which case Mihawk teams up with (pre-TS I assume) Teach and takes them down.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, teach is basically the perfect counter for shiki. The shiki we saw in the movies was not strong at all either if he could be defeated by pre time skip luffy. Magellan is strong however he has shown that physically he can be taken out by people like luffy. I daresay that jinbe with water could keep him at bay and at least hurt him severely. Mihawk should be impossibly fast and has borderline stupid range. I don't particularly see magellan avoiding something like this. How would magellan deal with a few of those? He wouldn't, he would get a very severe cut. I still maintain that lucci is not worth a damn here, any of the characters who would be able to one shot a pacifista (which would be jinbe, mihawk, kuma, boa and perhaps teach) would do the same to lucci except that it would be significantly easier.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be honest, I think Magellan got the short end of the stick by Oda and simply had an underwhelming performance against Luffy because Oda didn't want to show the full capacity of high tiers (and top tiers) pre-TS; how far the gap really were between them and Luffy, and I guess he also wanted it to be some sort of a fight, rather than a quick curbstomp ala Bartholomew (e.g. like how Luffy struggled against W7 Shipwrights... whose best effort were loled at by Blueno, who in turn had absolutely nothing on Lucci/serious Luffy in terms of combat ability). If you recall, Magellan received great acknowledgement from both Iva-chan and Jinbei, characters who are comparable to post-TS Monster Trio, and he defeated the former rather swiftly and without any serious injuries to show for it when the Okama tried to bar his way.

That being said though, Mihawk is still heads and shoulders above him, movia Shiki and Sentomaru (who I would wager is around post-TS Luffy), not to mention the predominant difference between a top tier like Mihawk and people like Enel, CP9, (pre-TS I assume) Smoker and Hodi.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan did not walk out if the fight with Ivankov unharmed. He seemed fairly beat up in the end. The advantage magellan has is that his ability cannot be resisted with physical strength or stamina. Its poison, if you get it you die eventually. It takes people with speed and range to defeat magellan IMO. In this case, jinbe with water would IMO be more than capable of holding back magellan's poison and if he lands a few hits even defeat him. Mihawk is the ideal matchup here, he has the sheer speed, range and firepower to kill magellan before the guy even produces a lot of poison. All it takes is a few cuts. For me magellan is a bit of a wildcard. His techniques work the same against any opponent but in turn people of actual strength with the proper tools should be able to take him out. At least IMO poison would not be a likely defense against mihawk's ranged attacks nor jinbe's water. Lets also remember that in the end it seemed like BB did take out magellan, he appeared to be extremely wounded based on what was said. If BB does not act as an idiot he should be more than capable of actually sending all the poison to the darkness.

As hard as it may be to believe I would think moria would at least be capable of taking magellan with him. He has range, the ability to trade places with his shadow and as we saw against oar's jr he has a decent bit of firepower.

I also think sentoumaru is brutally strong. The guy is a haki user against whom luffy could not even hope to land a fist. Being a haki user capable of overpowering luffy by default would put him above lucci and even enel.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast