Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: strawHATERS vs. shichibukai (buggy included)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: strawHATERS vs. shichibukai (buggy included)

^If you note, I only said that Magellan defeated Iva-chan without serious injury; apart from his bloody forehead, he seemed well enough to me.

Regarding Magellan's poison, I'm quite certain one can guard oneself against Magellan's poison with CoA as well - if you're good enough with it that is (e.g. I heavily doubt Edward would be bothered much by his Hydra).

Anyway, given Magellan's portrayal and position, I think he is a solid combatants perhaps even above current Luffy, and if he has the combat speed to keep up with him, I really don't think Moriah can do much of anything against him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think properly fighting magellan is not as much about strength as it is about the right circumstances and abilities. Magellan showed luffy's punches hurt so he is not physically a beast. However his abilities have a large volume and can cover a large area on top of strength being irrelevant to resist it. Now, haki could be a potential defense from poison but only under certain -perhaps extreme- circumstances. Haki could be used to repel stuff as Raleigh and Sentoumaru showed however for that to work they would need enough power to repel all of it. Magellan's techniques are mostly liquid so I would argue a haki blast as shown before would likely just get a whole through it and the rest of the poison would fall on the target. In turn, I doubt poison would actually not make contact with your skin due to haki (unless you use another blast from your entire body to repel it). Current luffy would still lose IMO because he does not have the means to deal with the poison (unless he developed immunity to it). A melee fighter is very likely to lose against magellan. Ranged and weapon users are the best options. Just because magellan did not have a whole through his stomach does not mean he was not fairly beat up.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Enel got counted out of this fight waaay to quickly. Enel has the ability to move as fast as electricity, the only person who can move faster than him would have to be Kizaru.. Then you have to factor in the fact that Enel has CoO that might be just as good as Rayleigh since he was able to know what every single person on all of Skypeia was doing.. If he can do that I'm sure he can keep track of what people are doing in Enie's Lobby and not let himself get hit by an attack from Boa or any other Haki user for that matter. And his logia power is absolutely ridiculous, he could just destroy all of Enies Lobby if he wanted to... The only person who would have any sort of ability to not be absolutely incinerated would be Crocodile since he too is a logia. Honestly, who in all of the Shichibukai can avoid a huge beam of electricity that can be directed at you regardless of where you want to move because he knows where you want to move as soon as you decide it, and if they aren't able to avoid it, who would be able to survive it? Or consecutive hits of his electricity would not be easily ignored by even the strongest of fighters..

Then with Sentomaru knowing haki he can attack Crocodile and completely ignore the fact that he has a logia fruit... So... IMO fight goes to Team 1 - Strawhaters!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2