Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Should Bakuman end after Ashirogi gets an anime?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 40.91%
  • No

13 59.09%
New Reply

Thread: Should Bakuman end after Ashirogi gets an anime?

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Should Bakuman end after Ashirogi gets an anime?

Getting an anime has been their proclaimed goal from the very beginning of the series. And steadily, we are reaching the point, where it will sooner or later happen. BUT, do you really think Bakuman should end after they get an anime?

The possibilites of a Bakuman 2.0 are endless. Continue the current timeline; Focus on animation; Ashirogi becoming Editors or a simple Slice of Life.

So, what do you think of a second season of Bakuman? Hit or Sh**?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Bakuman end after Ashirogi gets an anime?

I don't think it will fully end after they get an Anime, I think Ohba/Obata could pull something out of their magical Pens and created another Arc to keep it going, More so around the Wedding or leading up to for Saiko and Miho.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Editors? No way, they're too good to be editors. And I think if it continued with slice of life, it could hit rock bottom like bleach did for weeks. The continuation after it's all wrapped up isn't usually good idea, it'd have to be amazing.

I expect something around six chapters (after they get anime) for wrapping things up, showing how they continue with reversi (if it gets anime), miho and saiko, but I don't think it should continue.

Ohba & Obata, something new

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of me says "yes", and the other says "no". For example we all assume One Piece will end after Luffy becomes the pirate king, but in Digimon Xros Wars we see Shoutmon had became the Digimon King but the story continues.

Let's not forget it's not just getting the anime. There's also Miho becoming the voice actress of the heroin and then the marriage between her and Saiko. And if there's something else it would be keeping up with the anime's ratings until the end or cancellation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ryuma00's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there will be at least one arc after they get anime. Like somebody before me said there could be some slice of live stuff,or AM will create Bakuman-like manga in the end.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AandWguy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say yes but i so want to say no cuz i like this manga so much. right now its in my top three jump mangas that im reading. even though i read most of the other jump mangas.
    Suprise!!! Gotta love those faces!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

at first i thought it would but thinking on it now i dont think it would end. ohbata could do a story arc or two on what its like for a author to do a series while a anime is currently going.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Bakuman is a popular manga, IMO one of the best non-mainstream manga out there, I don't see Bakuman continuing after Ashirogi gets an anime. Like Shinobi said, there are cases where the manga continues after the MC's reached their proclaimed goal, but aside from that Digimon thing that Shinobi mentioned I wouldn't be able to name such a case. >_>

The most probable thing is a one-shot of Saikou's and Shuujin's future, after Bakuman ends. Same thing that happened with DN.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member pongy's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if it were to continue after they get an anime, the story can't continue for very long UNLESS they really come up with something very,.. extraordinarily interesting. I still remember how Japanese readers think Eyeshield21 SHOULD have ended after the Xmas bowl which was their original goal, resulting in the world cup arc receiving very little response, and was cut so short in the end. Bakuman will be in a similar situation if it does continue after the main goal has been fulfilled. So I think Ohba and Obata may continue the story a bit longer before Reversi gets an anime, and then end it after that which I think is acceptable.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The hot spring vacation chapter made me think Ohba might have something more in store for Bakuman: as Takagi had said, once a dream is fulfilled, there comes an opening for a new one. There could also be a possibility of them getting an anime and not having Azuki voicing the femail heroine.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a extra few chapters after they get an anime, but unless Ohba really drags it out, like they're suggesting that AM will do with Reversi, and like what Ohba did with DN, it really should end within 10 chapters after they get an anime.

If Bakuman doesn't end within about 10 chapters of them getting an anime, it'll make the whole goal of getting an anime pointless. However, due to the fact that the goal recently seems to have shifted to beating Eiji and becoming the undisputed #1 mangaka, I somehow don't think that Bakuman will end right after they get an anime.

I want more Bakuman chapters about the actual content of Reversi and Zombie Gun, not this rushed crap.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 27, 2012 at 04:04 PM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

First - define "get an anime". I think the story will follow them through the journey of getting their manga animated. Meaning even after it is announced that they will have an anime, Ohba will probably show them signing the contracts, working with the animators, choosing the seiyuu (Azuki will come in here), approving the anime promotional art, watching the seiyuu in action (again, we'd get to see some Azuki/Saikou), watching the first episode before it airs at the animation studio... That kinda thing. Beyond that, I don't see Bakuman lasting very long without feeling contrived. After the anime begins airing, I could see maybe a scene where everyone gathers at Ashirogi's studio or somewhere to watch the first episode together, then a flashforward to Azuki and Saikou getting married and that's about it. Extending it beyond that would, like FrostyMouse said, render their goal of getting an anime and Azuki voicing it, pointless. Unless, of course, Ohba decides to troll us and not let Azuki voice any role in Reversi but as of right now, I don't think that will happen.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaidou's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I want more Bakuman chapters about the actual content of Reversi and Zombie Gun, not this rushed crap.
    Rushed Crap? You want more?
    Bakuman shall end when they get their anime because the whole story will become even more inconsistent.
    10 more chapters to organize the seiyuus and let it end but no following arc.
    Last edited by saladesu; February 02, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe ashriogi trying to get a movie, mashiro and azuki would agree with each that until he gets a movie deal, then they will have kids. lol hahaha. love love love the azuki and mashrio romance.

New Reply