Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 113 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by matto24 View Post
    jeez, how to ruin a series... medaka box just reached its climax, now it's unnecessary to continue it...
    That's Shonen Jump for you.There are many series I think should have ended long ago.Best example is Naruto.Popularity ruined it.
    Same will probably happen to Medaka Box.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haato's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Medaka Box will be the same as it's always been: weird, doesn't make sense, and full of lots of trolling~
    「♥」

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lobbied for those jump, because now comes the anime, they know that sales will increase a little, and to make money, extend the series that will end now ...
    that sucks ...

I think the author really wanted to finish the manga, but said no jump ...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there some sort of overarching quest in Medaka Box, wherein completing the quest signals the climax of the series? Did Medaka find someone with net terminal genes, has construction on the megastructure been halted? Do Jump fans even get the reference? Srsly though, how the hell can there be a "logical conclusion" short of the characters graduating high school? Since that has not happened the story can continue in a logical (at least by Medaka standards) manner, with the cast moving on to their next wacky adventure.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Bakuman doesn't get unnecessarily extended I'm content. Medaka Box doesn't really have a finish line, but Bakuman had one laid out since day one. And it's probably mere chapters away from crossing it.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Is there some sort of overarching quest in Medaka Box, wherein completing the quest signals the climax of the series? Did Medaka find someone with net terminal genes, has construction on the megastructure been halted? Do Jump fans even get the reference? Srsly though, how the hell can there be a "logical conclusion" short of the characters graduating high school? Since that has not happened the story can continue in a logical (at least by Medaka standards) manner, with the cast moving on to their next wacky adventure.
    well even Medaka should follow the rule of ending after the biggest villain is defeated and I honestly can't imagine a villain after Anshin'in. It looks like it's her win against Medaka this time so I'm not too surprised about a new arc but I would definitely be disappointed if the story goes on even after she's defeated. Hard too judge it's continuation without seeing the conclusion of the arc but as of now I don't see anything wrong with a new arc.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The 4th wall breaking uber villain of the series made a declaration some time ago that she will end the manga before the series got its anime. Which would make the next chapter the nominal "final" chapter. Of course, a lot of people have been dooped into actually believing this, and the manga has been very misleading by teasing its end next chapter as well as having the current arc feel like an end game arc. So it has a very good feeling of it ending, however people don't realize how much of a troll Nisio is, and how silly it would be to end a manga just as the anime begins, so it didn't occur to them that they wouldn't end the series because the villain said it was going to.

I don't get why some people want it to end if they like it, tbh it hasn't really gotten stale, though it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. If anything, I'd say its getting to its peak amongst the people who like the manga, why end a good thing? General reactions I gauged is that most were sad once they felt it was going to end, I haven't really seen people rejoice that it was ending. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places.

Also
    @naruto-niichan
    Not to steer this conversation too much towards Medaka Box, but who's to say the main villain even gets defeated
    Last edited by [Cross]; March 27, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not judging on Medaka box since i don't read it anymore but what is bad in ending a manga when it's good (if ending make sense). So many are wasted by a loosy end.
    Every story has to end one day and the authors only increase they chance to end properly by stretching their manga.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 27, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not judging on Medaka box since i don't read it anymore but what is bad in ending a manga when it's good (if ending make sense). So many are wasted by a loosy end.
    Every story has to end one day and the authors only increase they chance to end properly by stretching their manga.
    Normally that's true, I for one don't really want it to end. I'm enjoying it each week quite well. Anyway, if they did end it, there would still be a lot of loose ends that would be almost impossible to tie up in one chapter.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    As long as Bakuman doesn't get unnecessarily extended I'm content. Medaka Box doesn't really have a finish line, but Bakuman had one laid out since day one. And it's probably mere chapters away from crossing it.
    I agree. Bakuman is in my opinion closer to an ending than Medaka Box. I think that too many people are focusing on that panel in which a character said that her objective is the ending of medaka box once the anime starts. I call that panel an epitome of sarcony (a portmanteau of sarcasm and irony)...

At this moment, Bakuman is closer to end
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly surprised but I considered the possibility of it just moving on to a Zenkichi arc.

I wonder where it'll go from here though.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    I don't get why some people want it to end if they like it, tbh it hasn't really gotten stale, though it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. If anything, I'd say its getting to its peak amongst the people who like the manga, why end a good thing? General reactions I gauged is that most were sad once they felt it was going to end, I haven't really seen people rejoice that it was ending. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places.

Also
    @naruto-niichan
    Not to steer this conversation too much towards Medaka Box, but who's to say the main villain even gets defeated
    I completely agree with your opinion, I'm glad that it's not ending yet but I guess some people really took Anshin'in's comment too serious. I'm really curious to see where the story is heading now but as a Nishio fan I believe that I won't be disappointed.

guess you're right, everything is possible in Nishio's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    At this moment, Bakuman is closer to end
    yup Bakuman is bound to end, there's no way around it. They reached their goal so I can only imagine around 10 or so chapters. Still I doubt that Medaka will go on that much longer, as well as Mago. Jump's lineup will definitely change a lot in the next 1-2 years. Naruto, Mago, (Medaka), Bleach and Reborn all are in it's final state and probably will end around this timeframe. Just my guess though, Amano and Kubo could definitely stretch the manga and continue for a few more years, but I hope they won't.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well even Medaka should follow the rule of ending after the biggest villain is defeated and ...
    you mean bleach, didn't you? ^^

Maybe this last arc will be dating medaka san, because thats zenkichis goal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kubukurin's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a long way to Naruto, Reborn! and Mago's end. And even longer is the one to Bleach's end.
    Really, the only jump's series that will probably be ended at the end of the year is Bakuman. And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kubukurin View Post
    It's a long way to Naruto, Reborn! and Mago's end. And even longer is the one to Bleach's end.
    Really, the only jump's series that will probably be ended at the end of the year is Bakuman. And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.
    I don;t know what your talking about with Naruto. It could end within the next year or so honestly. Kishimoto even said in an interview on SJ Alpha the series is headed towards it's climax right now.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 113 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast