Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 119 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Negative Syndicate

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    On another note: Obata needs to follow Inoue's lead and leave Weekly Jump. It would be amazing if he followed Inoue to Morning, where he would be given more artistic freedom and work with some of the best editors in the business (1day and Fx Comics editors are legendary for getting the best out of mangaka). He's an amazing artist who seems to get the best out of every author he works with. Seeing him in an magazine that allows more risk taking would be sensational.
    Are you supposed mean Ohba? Obata is charge on illustrator and I don't think the Jump editors limit on the artwork, itself. I think the Jump editors limit on the story.

In change of subject, by looking at this week's issue, I think St&rs is definitely heading toward the ending (I think this time is real). So, I think it is definite Bakuman and St&rs will end as soon as the one shot line-up is over.

For next new series, I think it is most likely that Hungry Joker will be included. But, I want Muragane also to be serialized too; I, personally, like this one shot more than Hungry Joker.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; April 07, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Are you supposed mean Ohba? Obata is charge on illustrator and I don't think the Jump editors limit on the artwork, itself. I think the Jump editors limit on the story.

In change of subject, by looking at this week's issue, I think St&rs is definitely heading toward the ending (I think this time is real). So, I think it is definite Bakuman and St&rs will end as soon as the one shot line-up is over.

For next new series, I think it is most likely that Hungry Joker will be included. But, I want Muragane also to be serialized too; I, personally, like this one shot more than Hungry Joker.
    Negative, would you mind pointing me in the direction of an English scan of the one shots?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Negative, would you mind pointing me in the direction of an English scan of the one shots?
    Sorry, I don't read English scan; I read raw.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ikzer's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I think that a new Ohba/Obata series without the limitations of WSJ would be awesome. I mean, both of them together again, but somewhere else like in Morning or Big Comic, but I think Obata is really suited to Jump, while Ohba have more artistic potential to explore new ways.

On another note: Obata needs to follow Inoue's lead and leave Weekly Jump. It would be amazing if he followed Inoue to Morning, where he would be given more artistic freedom and work with some of the best editors in the business (1day and Fx Comics editors are legendary for getting the best out of mangaka). He's an amazing artist who seems to get the best out of every author he works with. Seeing him in an magazine that allows more risk taking would be sensational.
    Can you explain a little what is that "1day" and "Fx Comics" editors thing please? Is some kind of "editors agency" (for giving it a name) or I just didn't understand a thing? :P

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Ikzer View Post
    I think that a new Ohba/Obata series without the limitations of WSJ would be awesome. I mean, both of them together again, but somewhere else like in Morning or Big Comic, but I think Obata is really suited to Jump, while Ohba have more artistic potential to explore new ways.
    That's true, but I think there are still higher possibility that they will stay in Shueisha; most of mangakas actually stay in their hoome publisher. However, I think Ohba/Obata pair may moves to more mature magazine, like Young Jump, Jump X, Ultra Jump, etc.; many mangakas tend to move to more mature magazine when they get old.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ryuma00's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    hungry joker by Soul of Manga scans : http://www.mediafire.com/?xbtcol8be93kj63
    murahagane by Clockwork Lies scans:http://www.mediafire.com/?2iswrj7wsmri7i7
    Last edited by Ryuma00; April 07, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If in the first chapter the protagonist proclaims that their goal is to save the world and win the hand of the lovely maiden, when he saves the world and wins the hand of the lovely maiden the audience can be certain the story is about to be resolved.
    i'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it in hxh gon's goal to find his father? don't see hxh ending now... ichigo defeating aizen could also be considered the main goal, but it also didn't end. for another example i would use my brain, because thats seomthing that propably won't happen that often. but that isn't a reason that i can't happen.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    i'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it in hxh gon's goal to find his father? don't see hxh ending now... ichigo defeating aizen could also be considered the main goal, but it also didn't end. for another example i would use my brain, because thats seomthing that propably won't happen that often. but that isn't a reason that i can't happen.
    The fantasy/action manga, like Bleach and HxH, can extend at any place even the main goal has fulfilled, like these series can introduce new setting and/or new enemies. However, manga that focuses on real-life, like Bakuman, has a limit on its extention.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SSJWill4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a friendly reminder...make sure to mark spoilers appropriately...not everyone is caught up to every jump series.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ikzer View Post
    Can you explain a little what is that "1day" and "Fx Comics" editors thing please? Is some kind of "editors agency" (for giving it a name) or I just didn't understand a thing? :P
    1day refers to the 3 magazines of Kodansha named after a part of a day (morning, afternoon, evening). I'm not sure if there is an editorial coherence between the 3, Kaiten probably knows more about that
    fx comic is the label under which are printed the manga prepublished in Manga Erotics F in particular
    Last edited by k-dom; April 08, 2012 at 04:11 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    1day refers to the 3 magazines of Kodansha named after a part of a day (morning, afternoon, evening). I'm not sure if there is an editorial coherence between the 3, Kaiten probably knows more about that
    fx comic is the label under which are printed the manga prepublished in Manga Erotics F in particular
    Responded here, so as not to go offtopic: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...anga-Magazines

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The early spoiler provier for Medaka Box that gives correct spoilers Medaka Box 1 day before even the other famous series like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach told us where Medaka ranked this week. He never gives out the TOC or spoilers for any other series, but he did say where Medaka Box's position was this week and that it was third from the back.

Quote Quote:
    ◆pshOIaGXj0CA : 2012/04/10(火) 17:12:32.71 ID:OImdT2wbO [5/5回発言]
    掲載順は後ろの方(確か後ろから3番目?)だった気がする

来週の読み切りはKAITOとかいう人の漫画
    WSJ Issue #20 Bottom 5
    ????
    ????
    Medaka Box
    ????
    ????

He also said that the oneshot published in the 21-22 Double Issue will be written by KAITO.
    KAITO wrote the oneshot Cross Manage which was published in the 2011 Winter Jump NEXT!
    Last edited by Zeromcd; April 10, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

St&rs and Genson! are possible candidates for the last two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wintercry View Post
    St&rs and Genson! are possible candidates for the last two.
    Definately.

There is also some speculation going around that Inumaru Dashi might be ending soon because of the development that happened in the latest chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t care about Inumaru Dashi. Hope that nura and kuroko aren`t in bottom again.

Thread Closed
Page 119 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast