Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Volume 18 should begin from chapter 152 and volume 19 would be start from 161. That mean's volume 20 should start from chapter 170, so Bakuman should end in chapter 178 which mean volume 20 will be a final volume.

I highly doubt that it'll continue until volume 21 because if then, it really has nothing to talk about. So, I think Bakuman should end around early to middle of May.
    Wouldn't Jump announce the end of Bakuman 4 weeks before at least?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Wouldn't Jump announce the end of Bakuman 4 weeks before at least?
    Jump don't announce how many chapters left before end, like Magazine.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Than you didn't need to mention your disregard towards Inumaru. :P And St&rs being a last place candidate isn't really noteworthy, since it got that place for months now.

Kaito's Anti Love Sentai wasn quiet funny, but I wish he'll be drawing "more" backgrounds this time and less sketches. Couldn't find any info about Cross Manage though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah IIRC JUMP endings basically just slap your face!! Be thankful if they announce a series is ending a week prior to its ending.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Yeah IIRC JUMP endings basically just slap your face!!
    Well, it is not a slap your face. You can expect the series will end based on the story flow.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Try and guess when Naruto is ending then. This is more than likely the last arc but when the arc actually ends is anyone's guess.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Really? Try and guess when Naruto is ending then. This is more than likely the last arc but when the arc actually ends is anyone's guess.
    I'm not saying like predicting the end of series if it is in a final arc; I mean the series that most likely going to end in this or upcoming session like St&rs and Bakuman. I do agree that Naruto is most likely in final arc; but, it doesn't mean it will end within few months.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

To Love Ru, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru No Go, Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Shaman King not to mention every cancelled manga ever.. All predictable endings, yeah..
    Not all manga end when the main goals have been reached.. Some just end..

And even mangakas finish their works diferently.. I.e. Yoshihiro Togashi, without spoiling he is infamous for how he ended his previous work, Yu Yu Hakusho, and his current work Hunter X Hunter could have been finished with a satisfying ending in the last couple of chapters, yet Togashi decided to continue HXH.

Then there are some mangas like BLEACH that well.. Basically could have ended ages ago but continued.

TL: DR most of the times manga endings aren't that predictable. Especially in a series that doesn't really have a main objective, i.e. YYH, BLEACH, To Love Ru, Dragon Bal.. vs Naruto, OP, Bakuman (all with main goals basically set since its first chapter)

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    To Love Ru, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru No Go, Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Shaman King not to mention every cancelled manga ever.. All predictable endings, yeah..
    Not all manga end when the main goals have been reached.. Some just end..

And even mangakas finish their works diferently.. I.e. Yoshihiro Togashi, without spoiling he is infamous for how he ended his previous work, Yu Yu Hakusho, and his current work Hunter X Hunter could have been finished with a satisfying ending in the last couple of chapters, yet Togashi decided to continue HXH.

Then there are some mangas like BLEACH that well.. Basically could have ended ages ago but continued.

TL: DR most of the times manga endings aren't that predictable. Especially in a series that doesn't really have a main objective, i.e. YYH, BLEACH, To Love Ru, Dragon Bal.. vs Naruto, OP, Bakuman (all with main goals basically set since its first chapter)
    Yeah, I agree with your statement. There are some series that are difficult to predict its ending.

However, there are other factor to help the series' ending; it is Jump has a specific period for its ending/cancellation session and putting a new series. Jump has a specific time period which helpful to predict when the serie will end.

Magazine and Sunday tend to end the series and put new series at any time. For example, Sunday recently started three new series without ending anything; plus Sunday has four irregularly serializing series which can resume at any time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ikzer's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious. What exactly is the main goal in Naruto? Bakuman and One Piece are clear, but Naruto?

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a hokage at first.. Though gradually that kinda changed to "rescuing" Sasuke.. Still the main goal is Naruto achieving Hokage.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....the Hokage thing was in the first chapter. I was under the impression it was pretty obvious.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ikzer's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know that Naruto said that, but I never really thought throughout the serie that he really was aiming for it, having the opposite in One Piece where their only and unique goal is reaching, well, the One Piece.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it's rescue Sasuke then become Hokage. Something about what's the point of being a Hokage who can't even save his comrade

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it is the power of friendship vs. the power of hatred. Has been since the beginning of the series, as far back as the Land of Waves arc. Naruto has always represented friendship, acceptance, tolerance, etc. while his enemies were always overcome by feelings of anger, hatred, vengeance, fear, and jealousy. Zabuza, Gara, Orochimaru, Akatsuki, Pain, Sasuke, and Tobi all fit that description. The series ends with the war because a victory by Naruto symbolizes friendship overcoming hatred. His goal of becoming Hokage never had the literal importance that everyone always places on it. It was meant to symbolize that Naruto's ambition is for the top and nothing less. His goal of becoming Hokage has never had any impact on actually events within the story.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast