Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
June Scheduled Jump Comic Releases *Updated*
ST＆RS #05 (Fin)
Pajama na Kanojo #01 <---
- Kuroko #18 and Gintama #45 are no longer scheduled to be released in June and will most likely release in July.
- Pakki is not given a volume number on the official Shueisha site.
- Beelzebub #16 is listed for May on Amazon.co.jp
- Bakuman #18 is scheduled for May and #19 is scheduled for June. It is highly likely that Bakuman will finish on #20 which will be chapter 178 which will be published in Issue #24.
Random pre-order Info for May Comics
- ST&RS #04 and Kurogane #03 are doing awful
- PSI Kusou Saki is doing 5x worse than ST&RS and Kurogane
- Nisekoi #01 is most likely going to outsell Magico, ST&RS and Kurogane by a fairly large margin. Nisekoi is currently doing a bit better than Harisugawa's first volume did, but they are too close so it is impossible to tell.
Last edited by Zeromcd; April 11, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Guess that seemingly confirms Packy's cancellation.
Aww thats horrible to hear Kurogane is doing bad. Shueisha needs to hurry up and transfer Kurogane here so it can sell more.
So bakuman will end, always good when a manga (in WSJ) ends not short, not that long , its rare nowadays. And it ends in a good note (the last 10 or so chaps have been really good!).
A lot of series are potentially in the last arc like Bleach, Naruto, Reborn, Nura,... but I can't see them ending in less than a year.
Magico volume sales
32,023 (**7)┃2011/07｜magico 1
39,015 (*10)┃2011/09｜magico 2
43,182 (*10)┃2011/12｜magico 3
45,282 (*10)┃2012/02｜magico 4
37,182 (**5)┃2012/04｜magico 5
Enigma volume sales (for comparison)
Rank Out (5)┃2011/01｜Enigma 1 ※Below 32,143
Rank Out (3)┃2011/03｜Enigma 2 ※ Below 23,934
43,574 (*10)┃2011/06｜Enigma 3
38,276 (**4)┃2011/08｜Enigma 4
40,177 (**6)┃2011/10｜Enigma 5
Numbers in the brackets = the amount of days it was on sale for.
Since when has 20 volumes been short
Shounen Jump Volume 5 Sales
│380,*** (*96)┃2009/11｜Bakuman。 5
│253,887 (111)┃2009/08｜Toriko 5
│148,400 (*18)┃2009/06｜Nurarihyon no Mago 5
│138,909 (*17)┃2010/04｜Beelzebub 5
│130,465 (*28)┃2010/01｜Kuroko no Basket 5
│101,697 (*10)┃2010/07｜Medaka Box 5
│*52,485 (*12)┃2009/03｜PSYREN 5
│*45,372 (*10)┃2008/10｜SKET DANCE 5
│*40,177 (**6)┃2011/10｜Enigma 5
│*37,230 (**7)┃2010/10｜Hokenshitsu no Shinigami 5
│*37,182 (**5)┃2012/04｜magico 5 *NEW*
│*30,091 (*10)┃2010/06｜Inumaru Dashi 5
│*19,687 (**4)┃2011/08｜Oumagadoki Doubutsuen 5 (Fin)
From Manga-news Japon, it said that St&rs, Bakuman, and Pakky will end this session and there going to be three new series (I'm confident to say that one of new series will be Hungry Joker).
At least we know for sure now that Bakuman really is going to end and the editors aren't going to force them to go any longer.
Medaka Box has ranked pretty damn poorly this arc.... you have to wonder how bad it would look without the massive amount of color pages to "break" up the low rankings...
Medaka box will get poor rank evan if every 2 week they give it color page. It`s that bad.
Last edited by Westlo; April 12, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
One thing's clear, Medaka doesn't stand out all that much.
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've been hearing that Kurogane is getting a VOMIC in May.
Hoping for Heji conformation
Last edited by Zeromcd; April 12, 2012 at 07:26 AM.