Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 21 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Why would they even consider canceling Kurogane right now? It's done nothing but rank quite well. Unless it just bombs straight to the bottom it will survive the next round of cancellations.
    Guess it was more a wish than a prediction.

On another note,I guess Kubo's kinda misunderstanding his fans lately.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    http://www.jumpfesta.com/booth/jumpstudio.html

Based on that link, it said the mangaka also appears in stage. So, we might see some of author's faces.
    Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I've been following Jump FESTA for so many years and some authors, like Oda, Kishimoto and Kubo are there every year but due to very strict "No photos!" restrictions all over the place, we never get that much graphic material...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Jump #49 (14/11) :
    Gensō! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Packy (Cover & Lead Color Page, New Series, 32 pg.)
    Who actually started calling the series "gensō"!? I've been reading that over and over but the kanji clearly read "genson". I guess it's just loads of copypasta being served...
    But maybe we can break that chain, eventually.

EDIT: Just read the raw, they are using the (slightly adjusted) reading "genzon".

-----

Bleach's position gives me facial cramps... Trollface won't wear off. I love these weeks.
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; November 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Bla

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Should we really expect that Medaka will also have the cover next issue?
    No, it's happened before that the lead CP doesn't always get the cover. But for the sake of the anime, I really hope this isn't one of those cases.

Negative Syndicate

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/59379

Shaman King's sequel, Shaman King -Flowers-, going to be serialized in Jump Kai on April of 2012. It is going to be about You's son, Hana.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; November 09, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haato's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King's sequel, Shaman King -Flowers-, going to be serialized in Jump Kai on April of 2012. It is going to be about You's son, Hana.
    Woah, That kinda came out of nowhere, You's son, huh? I think I'll look forward to this I wonder how similar the story will be to the original SK,

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't 'You' mean something like Leaf?Guess that's why his son is called Hana,despite the fact that it sounds like a female name.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhat confused, I thought they already did this? Though that was probably a oneshot of sorts, more Shaman King so I guess it's something to look forward to.

Negative Syndicate

It is kind of weird to see that Yokoda Takuma, author who just released one shot few weeks ago, going to start his first serialization in Monthly Young Magzine (Kodansha).

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am preparing myself for the sad, inevitable end of St&rs. Whatever comes of volume 1 it can't be enough to salvage a series that has barely polled above the bottom five. It does not appear that a more recent series will cushion it either. Both Kagami nor Kurogane are doing well, maybe not top five series but still, neither are bottom five fodder either. Hunter x Hunter will likely save a series, assuming he is only serializing twenty chapters it will go on hiatus towards the end of the month. I am expecting Magico to end this winter too. It's been almost a year and it has yet to set the world on fire. It rarely polls in the first half of the magazine and sales are mediocre, by Jump standards. I expect the editors will have seen enough that they would rather give Kurogane and Kagami a chance instead.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im greatly disappointed in this news dont get my wrong i LOVE the shamen king manga but i cant see this being good since i dont see how they could do a story maybe im just butt hurt over that there isnt a new anime. this weeks toc made me both happy and sad. happy that bleach is polling bad again and happy that were getting medaka info next week though im surprised we didnt get kuroko anime info first since they already have the anime designs out.

Negative Syndicate

It is confirmed that St&rs's first week tank sale is lower than 24,710.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I am preparing myself for the sad, inevitable end of St&rs. Whatever comes of volume 1 it can't be enough to salvage a series that has barely polled above the bottom five. It does not appear that a more recent series will cushion it either. Both Kagami nor Kurogane are doing well, maybe not top five series but still, neither are bottom five fodder either. Hunter x Hunter will likely save a series, assuming he is only serializing twenty chapters it will go on hiatus towards the end of the month. I am expecting Magico to end this winter too. It's been almost a year and it has yet to set the world on fire. It rarely polls in the first half of the magazine and sales are mediocre, by Jump standards. I expect the editors will have seen enough that they would rather give Kurogane and Kagami a chance instead.
    I gotta agree with you there Kaiten. It's a shame to see ST&RS going but I can't imagine that they will let it stay now that Kurogana and Kagami are ranking well. Not sure about Magico yet, the story doesn't seem to go in a direction were it could end soon, at least not for now. It may still have a chance of surviving if one of these series start to rate low or if both Nisekoi and the new gag manga rate low from the beginning.
    It may be early but I really want Nisekoi to stay, the first chapter was fairly interesting/entertaining and I expect a good series from Komi.

The rest of the TOC is fine with me, just not happy about Mago still ranking so low. I really enjoy it and don't really get why it fell so low in the middle/end of the "Kyoto Arc".
    Really hope it stays in WSJ.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy that Toriko grabbed a spot in the top 3 and Bakuman in the top 5. Kuroko got in the top 5 again as well. I really need to catch up with this series.

Medaka grabbing #7 is just fine with me. I'm really looking forward to the lead color next week and hopefully it manages to grab the cover as well. I want Kumagawa and Ajimu to be on it with Medaka. *wishful thinking*

Magico and Harusigawa are out of the bottom 5 which makes me happy. Both may or may not live a long time but I'll enjoy both for as long as they have got life.

Always nice to see Bleach low. So much for it "reclaiming" anything. The series has serious amounts of fatigue to it at this point.

As for the bottom 5, I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't care much about anything down there atm and Hunter x Hunter is never getting canceled.

Kai? Jesus how many Jumps are there now?

That being said, I am a Shaman King fanboy and will like revisiting the series once again.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Jump Square • Monthly Shōnen Jump • Weekly Shōnen Jump • V Jump • Hobby's Jump • Business Jump • Super Jump • Ultra Jump • Weekly Young Jump • Jump X[Kai] [some may be discontinued now hehe]

Enough, obviously not all for manga.^^ It's their brand and draws readers from other Shueisha magazines, like BILD here in germany.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 09, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really now!? Am looking for it being the Shaman King fan that I am.

It is confirmed that St&rs's first week tank sale is lower than 24,710.
    Awww man....It didn't even crack 50,000? That sucks.

Thread Closed
Page 21 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast