Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 7sun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I like this toc, sket dance is high. wow naruto is first again
    and I don't know nisekoi but looking forward for it
    [sry for my bad english]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

beelzebub and nura ;_;. i guess at this point beel might as well be a resident of the bottom which is not good but its tank sales and anime should be enough to keep it going...unless it pulls a shamen king and gets axed despite the anime and tank sales same thing for nura but its anime is ending soon. nice to see sket dance in the top 5 though same thing for gintama. medaka box's ranking is okay though im looking foreward to seeing last weeks chapter ranked.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    No, Stars it still in bottom 5.
    Ha yeah I got a bit excited.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OPN View Post
    beelzebub and nura ;_;. i guess at this point beel might as well be a resident of the bottom which is not good but its tank sales and anime should be enough to keep it going...unless it pulls a shamen king and gets axed despite the anime and tank sales same thing for nura but its anime is ending soon. nice to see sket dance in the top 5 though same thing for gintama. medaka box's ranking is okay though im looking foreward to seeing last weeks chapter ranked.
    From what I saw, the problem with Shaman King was that its Tankobon sales started falling after a certain volume. No matter how high the number, if numbers fall from volume to volume, I am pretty sure that Tank sales can no longer be used as a shield.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
    From what I saw, the problem with Shaman King was that its Tankobon sales started falling after a certain volume. No matter how high the number, if numbers fall from volume to volume, I am pretty sure that Tank sales can no longer be used as a shield.
    ya i guess that makes sence. maybe once the new arc starts getting good its rankings should increase plus there are still some series that are failing that could be used as pillows if worst comes to worst.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

We could see it happen about right now with Reborn which has declined from 480K+- to 350K+- and Bleach which has declined from 850-950K to recent volume which in 2 weeks sold less than 500K , the following 2 years will be interesting in the manga world.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Susanoo is right. Also Bakuman and and Toriko and I think Sket Dance have been going up more and more each volume since their animes have started.
    Toriko's last volume sold around 350K, Bakuman is at like 430K but isn't off the charts yet last I checked, and Sket Dance is around 200K.
    Last edited by kewl0210; October 26, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

Nayrael wrote:

I don't exactly remember where I read this (IIRC I read it on the last volume of Shaman King mexican edition, though I think it would have been included in the normal japanese releases too) but apparently Shueisha decided to put the last volume of SK on hold and made a poll of sorts and if 50,000 or so people didn't show interest on buying the last SK volume then it wouldn't be printed..
    If this is true (Sorry for my bad memory folks) then it was selling very, very, veryyy bad.

Andyislands should know about this.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Although SK has it's own section in Mangahelpers i would still like to ask it here, the decline of both Reborn! and Bleach could be explained very easily and as someone who has only watched SK anime and has not read the manga, was there even an end in sight before it got cancelled or did it go "poof" in the middle of a fight or something? also I read the TOC's of the years SK was published and saw that it was a middle tier more or less, what caused it to drop to the bottom in your opinion?

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I believe that the sells for Reborn! manga will start to get stronger again. I feel that the current arc will get more people to buy the manga. The thing that will help Reborn! manga to sell even more is more promotion by Shonen Jump for the series. I am still hoping that the anime for Reborn! will come back again. I feel that would help a lot. However I feel that the current arc with some good promotion will help to sell more copies of Reborn! manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Reborn! lose like 100,000 readers in the past year or two? Ouch. Series don't suddenly regain sales this far down the line. Reborn! lost its Anime, had a few bumpy arcs, and its ending is nowhere near in sight. Fatigue is definitely settling in. More and more people will drop it the longer it goes on, and new readers won't bother picking it up because it's so long.

The same goes for Bleach, but on a much lower scale because Bleach is more popular. Bleach's sales peaked a few years ago, so it's going to steadily go downhill, but it still has an Anime and general popularity to help its sales remain adequate.

I wonder when One Piece will peak? Bleach and Reborn! are still going strong and they both already peaked. One Piece still tops itself with each new volume!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haato's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@BianchiChrome: yeesh, one thing can always be expected whenever Reborn is even mentioned you're always there to say something about how it will improve or how it needs more promotion and such XD not bashing you or anything, I just find it interesting lol

@susanoo13:My personal opinion is that SK started going down the drain around volume 13 or so, I absolutely loved the anime, but the manga was kinda meh about halfway through, so Jump readers were much more patient with the series than I was lol

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a bummer..as much as I like this ToC I still feel sad because
    Beelzebub and mago are always hanging at the bottom 5 or just above it.
    They are both great series and I hope one day they will reach their individual "peaks" too.
    Is sket dance taking over gintama role as the funniest manga in Jump but I guess both series
    have its own audience.
    Naruto is on a roll. Although I'm not enjoying the war arc as much I'm still happy since its prob the final arc of the manga.

Bleach is high again, it's old news but I don't think its ever going to fall as low as before again.
    Double arts author is here?!

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

What Jaymie said. REBORN has lost its anime adaptation and a good portion of its readers, and from what I have heard the last couple of arcs have been not-too-good and I have also heard the newest arc seems like a good conclusion to the series (Sure, it could take long, like a year?).
    Also I think by now any anime studio could have at least released some REBORN! OVAs.. Heck even D-Gray Man that IIRC is a better seller than REBORN! could have been released as more OVAs (Maybe they want to make other anime when more chapters are available?)..

As for BLEACH, sure its sales might have declined but it still has its anime and.. Its BLEACH.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I feel that I am one of the few people who try to stand up for Reborn! and I believe that if the series was given more promotion and attention then it would get stronger sells and other things.

I go to a lot of image boards and Reborn! is very popular on them. I know that does not translate into more sells but there is foundation for Shonen Jump and others to build on. I mean there was a poll in Japan once that asked females to name the anime male that they wanted to marry and Kyoya Hibari was number one many times. Hibari is extremely popular character that many artists draw. The rest of the cast of Reborn! also is popular with many fan artists.

I also feel that the current arc can only get stronger too. I mean many series have great fights but with this arc I feel that the upcoming fights will be the kind that will be random and interesting. There maybe some fights that happen that the fans have wanted to see happen. The current arc has also brought back many fan favorites that were lost in the Future arc. I know that the fans are happy to see them back. The last arc was a bit uneven in places but I kind of think that it was because maybe Amamo thought that she wanted to do the arc that she is about to do with this one.

I just see a diamond in the rough with Reborn! that if it were to be truly brought out could shine. I will keep standing up for it because I believe in the story and want to see it get more attention.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast