Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kubukurin's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I hope that Mago will have a third season, the second was indeed well done.
    And I want to ask something: the anime of Beelzebub and Sket Dance will continue after 50 episodes or they will end?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know there have been no announcements regarding Sket and Beelze. Anime generally are not scheduled for more than 52 episodes but are extended on a year by year basis. DGM ended because the TV station chose not to extend it for another year. We will probably have a better idea by March, if they have announced more than 52 episode titles. Go to the anime details page at Animenewsnetwork for something like that. I can't recall formal announcements for anime of that length though, the station just orders more episodes, there's no break in the broadcast, and everyone goes on with there lives.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I hate to ask the most asked question this week. I just want to know if there is going to be a chapter this week. Normally when SJ goes on break Manga Stream puts up a banner on their site but I don't see a banner. Does that mean that there will be chapter this week? I am quite sure that there will not be one next week because of the holidays.

I just want to be completely clear on this matter.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Officially, there is no chapter on december 26th (Monday), so no chapter on this week.

Early release around saturday is not certain. Can or cannot happen.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it's next Wednesday, as usual. Drives me nuts when they release early. I'd rather go one week without chapters than get chapters early but have a two week gap. Especially with the next double issue coming up in two weeks.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Your right... I wondered how ST&RS could have such a refined style already and to be honest I would prefer Kubo's style from Zombie Powder/early Bleach over his current one, which looks damn good, but became far too stylized Imo. It's nice to recognize a mangaka by his art style.
    Both Takeuchi and Miyokawa have been working as assistants for years to several different mangakas (only with Jump mangakas I think... I don't remember any non-Jump anywhere) . And yes, I prefer old Bleach art to new as well >_<

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by yumimi View Post
    Both Takeuchi and Miyokawa have been working as assistants for years to several different mangakas (only with Jump mangakas I think... I don't remember any non-Jump anywhere)
    I think Miyokawa worked under Murata and Takeuchi worked under Murata, Kawashita, and Akatsuki.

Also, I did upload this one a long time ago, but there are some changes, so I'll upload again. It is assistant map of Shonen Jump and Jump SQ. authors (in Japanese; I'm too lazy to translate, someone else can translate this if s/he wants to):

Last edited by Negative Syndicate; December 21, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really prefer it to be a week off, then an issue, then another week off rather than two weeks off in a row.
    Also, I think we should figure out if HXH will continue without going on hiatus at the end of the chapter in this issue. Also in the "next issue preview" part at the back of the magazine.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kubukurin View Post
    I hope that Mago will have a third season, the second was indeed well done.
    And I want to ask something: the anime of Beelzebub and Sket Dance will continue after 50 episodes or they will end?
    Beelze has a new OP and ED announcement, so it goes without saying it will continue for at least another cour. Sket has the material to do it, although a lot of people have been complaining that the anime adaptation is lacking compared to the manga, and the DVD sales are pretty terrible. (Although in normal practice, outside of movies, specials One piece and Gintama, jump anime are not known for having amazing DVD numbers.) Sket hasn't reached a year yet, so it's unknown if it will continue through 50 episodes though I would imagine with so much material and the volumes getting offset by the anime airing, they'll keep it going for a bit.

Unrelated, but I have a feeling Gintama will probably head back into hiatus in April (the anime), and as for Kaiten's comment, I think DGM ended more because they had caught up with the material due to Hoshino being on hiatus so often. Like Togashi and HXH, I have a feeling if DGM had a more normal serialization the anime might still be going.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Sket hasn't reached a year yet, so it's unknown if it will continue through 50 episodes though I would imagine with so much material and the volumes getting offset by the anime airing, they'll keep it going for a bit.
    It is also confirmed that Sket Dance going to have new opening and ending, so I think Sket Dance will continue for a while. Plus, it has plenty of materials to be animated.

If a series have more than 20 volumes, their anime-adaptation has higher chance to last more than 50 episodes; some of them even continue until 100 episodes, so we can expect they going to last for pretty long time.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ This doesn't really bode well for the Beelzebub anime, if they plan to continue it with approximately 30 chapters remaining before catching up. >_>

I can't help but agree with Bomber about D.Gray-man though. A part of me thinks this is also why D.Gray-man hasn't gotten an anime continuation, you can never predict when the next chapter will come out.

Regarding Jump's hiatus, if scans get released early I can't help but feel bad that people spent well-deserved holiday time on translating and scanning stuff. I'd rather wait until after New Years like everyone else.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    I really prefer it to be a week off, then an issue, then another week off rather than two weeks off in a row.
    Also, I think we should figure out if HXH will continue without going on hiatus at the end of the chapter in this issue. Also in the "next issue preview" part at the back of the magazine.
    That's the koen way

Three years I have imposed myself an issue-break-issue-break-issue-issue... cycle whereas the given premise was issue-issue-break-break-issue-issue cycle

I never break complained, whereas a whole part of the staff mocked my unlogical thinking, I enjoyed their break suffering
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest ST&RS is moving to Weekly Young Jump

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calimike View Post
    I suggest ST&RS is moving to Weekly Young Jump
    I don't know if that's possible, but it indeed would be awesome! I still feel it's a shame ST&RS is doing so bad in rankings. But then, I think sales of the volume 1 weren't above average, so I'm not sure Jump would decide to keep it.

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Young Jump has the right audience for St&rs. Most of Young Jumps readers are in their mid-twenties, virtually none are under 17. While I am not saying adults can not appreciate St&rs, I am 33 and enjoy the series, but a magazine marketed towards readers who have already graduated college might not be the best place for St&rs to thrive.

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast