Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
How about a list with the numbers of the chapters? I do it every week, so here's the list for issue 12. (I use the lineup from the shonenjump website.)
The numbers should be right (I'm 99% sure they are xD)
Weekly Shonen Jump #12 (20/02/12)
- High kyuu #1 – Haruichi Furudate
- Kuroko's Basketball #153 - Tadatoshi Fujimaki
- Nurarihyon no mago #190 - Hiroshi Shiibashi
- NARUTO #575 - Masashi Kishimoto
- Toriko #176 - Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
- Genzon! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Packy #13 - Retsu
- BEELZEBUB #144 - Ryuhei Tamura
- magico #47 - Naoki Iwamoto
- Bakuman. #167 - Tsugumi Ohba / Takeshi Obata
- BLEACH #481 - Tite Kubo
- Gintama #390 - Hideaki Sorachi
- Reborn! #373 - Akira Amano
- Nisekoi #14 - Naoshi Komi
- Medaka Box #134 - Ishin Nishio / Akira Akatsuki
- ST&RS #31 - Ryousuke Takeuchi / Masaru Miyokawa
- Inumarudashi #168 - Kouji Ohishi
- Kurogane #23 - Haruto Ikezawa
- SKET DANCE #221 - Kenta Shinohara
- Kochikame #1739 - Osamu Akimoto
- ONE PIECE #657 - Eiichiro Oda
- HUNTER X HUNTER #336 - Yoshihiro Togashi
I just remembered...since the 2012 issues of Jump startet...Gintama didn't have a single Colorpage...maybe because it's ranking so great and doesn't need any? xD I'm just curious if anyone has an idea why...and of course...I'm missing Sorachi's colorpages.
Last edited by SoulEaterFreak; February 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Gintama!
Gintama had the cover a couple times. That sorta counts. Also there've only been like 6 issues out this year so far.
Here is some information on the Author's who are starting their new series.
- One Piece
- Prince Kid (Oneshot - 2008 August, Winner of the 14th Jump Treasure Award)
- Asobiba (Oneshot - 2009 Winter Akamaru Jump)
- Yotsuya Senpai (Oneshot - 2009 Issue 28)
- Yotsuya Senpai (Serial - 2010 Issue 13-31 - Cancelled)
- Haikyuu!! (Oneshot - 2011 Winter Jump Next!!)
- Haikyuu!! (Oneshot - 2011 Issue 20/21)
- Haikyuu!! (Serial - 2012 Issue 12-ongoing)
- Slam Dunk
- Maison Ikkoku
- Taizo Mote King Saga
- Relight (Oneshot - 2006 Akamaru Jump Spring) <-- Basketball
- Nagareboshi Storm (Oneshot - 2007 Winter Akamaru Jump) <---- Basketball
- CLUTCH (Oneshot - 2007 Issue 41 - Golden Future Cup Entry) <---- Basketball
- Dogashi Kaden (Serial - 2008 Issue 27-40 - Cancelled) <---- Basketball
- Sengoku Shugi (Oneshot - 2009 Summer Akamaru Jump) <--- Not Basketball
- Pajama Girl (Serial - 2012 Issue 13-ongoing)
Hamada is good friends with the Author of Inumaru Dashi and worked under him as an assistant when he was serializing Maison De Penguin.
You have to also remember that with Bleach they went into those negative chapters for a good while, so there's actually a lot more than 481 chapters.
There were 12 Turn Back the Pendulum chapters (-108 through -97). I forget how many other negative chapters there are but it is less than a volume. All are full length chapters though.
I messed up with Narutos chapter because I included the latest one xD (happens somethimes, since it's beeing scanlated every week, so sorry about that.)
About most of the series (obviously without the new ones): I have picked up chapter numbers from 2010 and doing this list every week since then, but since a few series don't get scanlated on a weekly base some mistakes slip through.
Thanks for correcting it.
edit: About Bleach - I stick to the actual chapter numbers. Why should I write the total of chapters behind BLEACH if it's on chapter 481? would just confuse a lot of people xD
About Gintama - I know it's been on the Cover, but there are series who've already got 3 color pages in 2012...sure...there'll be colorpages of Gintama...but there already should have been one xD inumaru, st&rs, magico and Gintama are the only series without CP in 2012.
Last edited by SoulEaterFreak; February 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: gintama/bleach
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~starman/index.htm and then cross referenced the information with the chapter titles from the tanks and wsj issues from 2010/2011. I've been keeping track of chapter numbers of wsj series since Issue 1 of 2010 in an excel file.
12: 10 (up through issue 12)
Since Kochikame has never missed an issue add all of those up and you get 1731. Now, Kochikame had 2 chapters in Issue 51 of 2011. If they were both numbered this equates to 1732 chapters. Again, I cross referenced this information with issues in 2010/2011 with the names that were assigned to chapter numbers in the tanks (since they are not numbered in the issues). Those issues are in storage otherwise I would attempt to do this again. The most recent issue I have is 48 from 2011 (the next newest not in storage is from 2008) with a title of ポリスアニマルランドの巻き (Police animal land something...). Wikipedia used to have the tanks list chapter names and numbers but they have since updated it to only include volume names and numbers, so I'm not able to do exactly what I did before, plus I don't think chapter 1718 is in tank form anyway. I'm not sure why the chapter numbers are that far off, but I know I will be keeping my chapter record the way I have it currently, with chapter 1732 corresponding with Issue 12 from 2012.
But the list I made/make is to show the number of the chapter of the respectively Manga running in the WSJ magazine and not how many chapters the series have. I hope you understand it. I'm really not trying to be the bad guy here ^^ If Kubo-sensei writes "BLEACH 481." on his chapter, I write it on my list, if Togashi decides that Hunter X Hunter now is on Chapter 600 to make up for the time he's been absent or so, I'll write 600 xD
well...I can only apologize for my English .