Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could any actual persons complete the Hunter Exam

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could any actual persons complete the Hunter Exam

First Exam:

Follow Satotz.

Distance is over 80 kilometers or 50 miles. However this is before the staircase
    and the swamps. In total it's probably well over two marathons in distance

Second Exam:

Hunt the Stamp Boar and cook it

Fish for freshwater fish and make sushi or jump off cliff, grab the spider eagle's nest (which is like a really thick spider's web strand or rope) grab a spider eagle egg. Climb back up and boil it.

Third Exam:

Trick tower: The Path of Majority Rules

Fourth Exam:

Hunt badges from each other

Fifth Exam:

Fight each other

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could any actual persons complete the Hunter Exam

If by an actual person you mean a real life human being, then no. I don't know of anyone who can run 80km without stopping in one go. Then there is the run through the swamp immediately after the 80k race which involved surviving dangerous animals. Capturing a pig several times the size of a human would be impossible with your bare hands, let alone carry it back to the impossibly hungry instructor. Jumping of a cliff, holding to a spider web without breaking your arms and climbing back up without breaking the egg is plain impossible. The tower thing would be possible assuming the people you have to fight are not superhumanly strong. The last test is obviously viable.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If by an actual person you mean a real life human being, then no. I don't know of anyone who can run 80km without stopping in one go. Then there is the run through the swamp immediately after the 80k race which involved surviving dangerous animals. Capturing a pig several times the size of a human would be impossible with your bare hands, let alone carry it back to the impossibly hungry instructor. Jumping of a cliff, holding to a spider web without breaking your arms and climbing back up without breaking the egg is plain impossible. The tower thing would be possible assuming the people you have to fight are not superhumanly strong. The last test is obviously viable.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes

I think that guy or someone like him could complete the first exam as far as running goes.
    Would he be smart enough to avoid the dangerous animals and plants though? I dunno.

Also remember that you do not have to run. As Killua's skateboard wasn't against the rules. Though a skateboard would only really work until you got to the stairs.

There's no rule that says you need to kill the pig with your bare hands.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

With some help, maybe. IF I have a motorcycle perhaps, but those stairs are something not so easy to pull off.

Still, I think it's impossible for any IRL human to pass the test. Even the majority rules one, in which case we have to remember that they had 72 hours to go down and probably the tense of that fact would be alone enough to disqualify most people.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes

I think that guy or someone like him could complete the first exam as far as running goes.
    Would he be smart enough to avoid the dangerous animals and plants though? I dunno.

Also remember that you do not have to run. As Killua's skateboard wasn't against the rules. Though a skateboard would only really work until you got to the stairs.

There's no rule that says you need to kill the pig with your bare hands.
    Thats actually very impressive. I guess the marathon part is possible then. There are still a few issues to consider though. First is that there are still the stairs. Is it possible to climb that many stairs after over 50 kms of running? Would the swamp be possible after that? Even if you have transportation things are complicated. Any form of transportation is useless once you get to the stairs. Heck, even a skateboard is a problem if you have to carry it through miles of stairs. Not to mention you can't use a skateboard in a swamp.

Killing the boar with your bare hands is perhaps not a necessity but isn't it the most likely scenario for a real life person? A small gun would perhaps do the job (it would still be dangerous as such a huge animal won't die fast from a simple bullet IMO) but one large enough to do this safely would set you back during the marathon. More so, you do have to carry the pig to take it to the examiner. How is that plausible?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Killua used a skateboard. The running part is doable if you have say, a bike. As long as stay ahead you don't have to worry about the dangerous animals, since the leading Hunter is more than capable of defeating him.

Stage 2 you might have to work as a team, like one guy to lure the boar while another try to hit it. Since you can carry weapons, bringing some kind of firearm should do the trick. Getting the eggs would require you being a very good mountain climber.

Stage 3 is easy assuming your competitors are other human beings, at least compared to the superhuman feats the earlier stuff requires. You'll lose 2 guys on the final selection most likely but that's life.

Stage 4 is again easy if competitors are also other human beings.

Final stage is actually really easy against human beings and only one guy will lose.

I think the earlier stages are actually the hardest because you're not competing against other people. I'm assuming the guys in the exam are also human beings. If they're guys from HXH, you'd obviously have no chance winning stage 3 or 4, though you might get lucky on the final stage if you get someone like Killua who doesn't want to bother with you.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I can past the test no problem

Exam 1 I'm going to bring a bicycle then discard it in the swamps. Then I will attach a homing device on Satotsu and follow it so I won't get lost

Exam 2 I have a dynamite or a tranquilizer gun to kill the boars. Then use rapelling on to get me some eggs

Exam 3 I'm going to snipe the vultures around the tower and jump down and inflate my parachute

Exam 4 I have a gun with silencer

Exam 5 I probably would have learned martial arts before entering the exam. And threaten to break off someone's penis to make them give up.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, lets go part by part:

The first part of the marathon is 80 km long. It ends with the stairs.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...01/c007/5.html

This part is perfectly doable by running, even superior real life feats exist. Adding a bike would make things easier and make it doable for even moderate athletes considering it was flat terrain. Now, there is something which I do think is an issue for even the super athletes who are participating in this. A running speed for a normal fast person is supposedly somewhere between 15 and 20 km/h. The guys in HH are superhuman. Would a regular super athlete be able to maintain the speed requirements for the exam set by satots? Big question.

The next part is the stairs.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...01/c007/7.html
    They were running before and at this stage the speed further increased. So by this point it is safe to assume anyone there is not doing traditional running. Can a super real life athlete increase his speed and maintain it at this stage? It is not nearly as long as the previos part however if you add the exhaustion from the previous test plus the increased speed of this one then you have something overwhelmingly complicated. By this stage of the test I would argue this is past conventional running.

The third part of the test:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...1/c007/19.html

You have the exhaustion of the first marathon and the extreme exercise from a few kilometers of stairs. Now you have to change to a swamp which is basically an entirely different terrain. You have the running element plus the fact that you can get eating by animals from which you cannot possibly defend. This would arguably add a significant amount of stress. Not only that but since it is a swamp you are constantly changing what you are running on. You could have grass, water..... Water would add a significant amount of resistance, running on it would be an entirely different thing. Honestly, I don't think a normal real life human would make this. I would put the limit at the stairs however if that is done you have to maintain a extremely fast pace in a extremely harsh terrain filled with murderous beasts.

Anyways, this part is where it would invariably end for anyone regardless of the circumstances:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...2/c010/15.html
    You have to go to the woods and find a pork.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...2/c010/17.html
    Those things gotta weight two tons each. Not to mention they are dangerous as hell, they kill people. So not only you have to hunt an impossibly large animal but it also seems to travel in herds and are perfectly capable of killing. There is also an element of stamina here. You have to run around a forest until you find one of those and then you have to beat them somehow. Lets assume you had a gun which you carried with you all the way up to that stage of the test and you kill one of those (as you won't have the super strength required to do it with a fishing rod), how in the hell would you carry it back? Plain impossible, this part is simply beyond human capacities.

The jumping of a cliff just like that and climbing back is impossible, that much is clear. Your arms would break from trying to get a hold of the spider web while falling.

The tower is doable under the assumption that you don't have to fight superhuman prisoners. You meet the guy who could rip flesh with his bare hands and not even a damn machine gon will save you.

The last test is perfectly doable.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antaries View Post
    Exam 1 I'm going to bring a bicycle then discard it in the swamps. Then I will attach a homing device on Satotsu and follow it so I won't get lost
    Exam 2 I have a dynamite or a tranquilizer gun to kill the boars. Then use rapelling on to get me some eggs
    Exam 3 I'm going to snipe the vultures around the tower and jump down and inflate my parachute
    Exam 5 I probably would have learned martial arts before entering the exam. And threaten to break off someone's penis to make them give up.
    You realize that you'll have on your bike too much weight considering the riffle, the dynamite, the homing device with the proper device, water, some generator to not make the battery die before time, rapelling, parachute, gun with bullets and that's not even COUNTING the things that you would probably need to survive in that island for those 72 hours to not sleep avoiding being hunted...
    Right?

People give too little credit to bikers xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antaries View Post

Question, do you plan on riding the bicycle up the stairs or are you going to carry it over your shoulder?

Wouldn't you get eaten if you fall too behind? Would you make it in time (it is not just a matter of making it, you have to make it in time)

You are assuming you know what the tests are going to be. Is this the case?

I don't think the dynamite, gun, bullets for the vultures and rappel equipment are possible. I can buy carrying all that stuff when you have the bicycle (although we are assuming you have the stamina to ride over 80 kms in a bike which is not necessarily the case) but how in the world would you carry those over the stairs and through the swamp (this is even more complicated if you expect to carry your bicycle over your shoulders). Do you even have enough bullets to kill all vultures? Do you have the aim for that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, lets go part by part:

The first part of the marathon is 80 km long. It ends with the stairs.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...01/c007/5.html

This part is perfectly doable by running, even superior real life feats exist. Adding a bike would make things easier and make it doable for even moderate athletes considering it was flat terrain. Now, there is something which I do think is an issue for even the super athletes who are participating in this. A running speed for a normal fast person is supposedly somewhere between 15 and 20 km/h. The guys in HH are superhuman. Would a regular super athlete be able to maintain the speed requirements for the exam set by satots? Big question.

The next part is the stairs.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...01/c007/7.html
    They were running before and at this stage the speed further increased. So by this point it is safe to assume anyone there is not doing traditional running. Can a super real life athlete increase his speed and maintain it at this stage? It is not nearly as long as the previos part however if you add the exhaustion from the previous test plus the increased speed of this one then you have something overwhelmingly complicated. By this stage of the test I would argue this is past conventional running.

The third part of the test:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...1/c007/19.html

You have the exhaustion of the first marathon and the extreme exercise from a few kilometers of stairs. Now you have to change to a swamp which is basically an entirely different terrain. You have the running element plus the fact that you can get eating by animals from which you cannot possibly defend. This would arguably add a significant amount of stress. Not only that but since it is a swamp you are constantly changing what you are running on. You could have grass, water..... Water would add a significant amount of resistance, running on it would be an entirely different thing. Honestly, I don't think a normal real life human would make this. I would put the limit at the stairs however if that is done you have to maintain a extremely fast pace in a extremely harsh terrain filled with murderous beasts.

Anyways, this part is where it would invariably end for anyone regardless of the circumstances:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...2/c010/15.html
    You have to go to the woods and find a pork.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...2/c010/17.html
    Those things gotta weight two tons each. Not to mention they are dangerous as hell, they kill people. So not only you have to hunt an impossibly large animal but it also seems to travel in herds and are perfectly capable of killing. There is also an element of stamina here. You have to run around a forest until you find one of those and then you have to beat them somehow. Lets assume you had a gun which you carried with you all the way up to that stage of the test and you kill one of those (as you won't have the super strength required to do it with a fishing rod), how in the hell would you carry it back? Plain impossible, this part is simply beyond human capacities.

The jumping of a cliff just like that and climbing back is impossible, that much is clear. Your arms would break from trying to get a hold of the spider web while falling.

The tower is doable under the assumption that you don't have to fight superhuman prisoners. You meet the guy who could rip flesh with his bare hands and not even a damn machine gon will save you.

The last test is perfectly doable.

For the sake of argument let's say Satotz is running at Olympic speeds but not superhuman speeds and he can maintain that speed for the whole exam.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People are shown to bring whatever equipment they need so I think bringing a gun is okay, which would get you past the boars though not without risk.

For the first part you can just bring a bike on flat terrain and then ditch the bike while going uphills, or maybe bring a scooter or something that's light to carry. The swamp part is okay as long as you keep up with the leader since he can kill anything that can potentially kill you. If you can't keep up with him, then you're probably dead.

The egg part is probably impossible but you might be able to pass the sushi part since everyone here should know what sushi looks like, though satisfying Menchi is practically impossible for anybody.

The 5 on 5 isn't actually bad because you can just forfeit the last fight if you didn't get 3 win by then. The second and third fights are definitely winnable. The first (the guy is comparable to a well trained special forces) and the fourth (have to outsmart a con man) are tough but still doable. If you know the exact fights ahead of time your chance of winning is greatly increased (basically Gon's party had the exact wrong guys for 1st and 4th fight). The 2nd and the 3rd fight should be winnable even without prior info if you somehow survived until the 3rd round.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Question, do you plan on riding the bicycle up the stairs or are you going to carry it over your shoulder?

Wouldn't you get eaten if you fall too behind? Would you make it in time (it is not just a matter of making it, you have to make it in time)

You are assuming you know what the tests are going to be. Is this the case?
    Hmmm.. I forgot the stairs. I would probably ditch the bike at the stairs. I would have been pumped with steroids as well since I know if I get that licence, I can live in luxury all my life. Hopefully the steroids would be enough to get close to Satotsu in the swamps.

The boar they are easy to tranquilize. The problem is HOW THE HELL CAN I CARRY THAT? Not to mention the herd that will ravage me.

I guess that's where the human limitations end. But for some miracle I'm allowed to chop it with a sword and the pig I killed was nearby the warehouse, then the jumping off the trick tower is easy. I doubt the vultures would be able to claw me going down like a speeding bullet and inflating at a safe distance.

Just think of me like the Jason Bourne type. Jason Bourne would have probably passed the exam but I am no Jason Bourne so I would call it quits after the 1st phase

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He probably wouldn't.

Running eighty kilometer, then up the stair, is flat out impossible, at that rhythm.

The stairs are ridiculously hard.

Swamps would kill anyone, too, because, guess what: Satotzu won't help you. He'll just run.

As for boar? you might try tranquilizer, but getting in the forest alone WILL kill you regardless.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if those monster reacts any similar to the beasts IRL...Then doing the shit trick may do the trick since they wont see you as threat.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast