Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji

Kamisama no Iutoori
    Written By: KANESHIRO Muneyuki
    Art By: FUJIMURA Akeji
    Genre: Horror
    Serialized In: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
    Mangaupdates

Takahata Shun's day at high school begins just as normal and boring as ever, but it doesn't end that way. After his teacher's head explodes, he and his classmates find themselves forced to play children's games, such as Daruma ga Koronda (a game like Red Light/Green Light), with deadly stakes. With no idea who is behind this mysterious deadly game session, and no way of knowing when it will finally end, the only thing Shun and other students can do is keep trying to win...

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji

Thank you for posting about this series at the which manga are you reading next and creating this thread Kaiten. Without that, I probably won't start reading this.
    Actually to be honest, I was just really bored

But I'm impressed by this series. Another one of those series that put people into insane games but this one seems to be doing it differently. I like how intense it is despite reading only up to chapter 2. Really looking forward to where this series is going and if there's actually a theme to the games. For now its all about japanese dolls

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't this similar to Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu (Classroom of Truth) from Bakuman??

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Thank you for posting about this series at the which manga are you reading next and creating this thread Kaiten. Without that, I probably won't start reading this.
    Actually to be honest, I was just really bored

But I'm impressed by this series. Another one of those series that put people into insane games but this one seems to be doing it differently. I like how intense it is despite reading only up to chapter 2. Really looking forward to where this series is going and if there's actually a theme to the games. For now its all about japanese dolls
    The insane game scenario is pretty common but this one seems to be done pretty well. The first game was interesting, the second game looks to be completely insane. The giant cat is just to cool looking, getting the bell on it is a really odd, interesting challenge. I bet they have to get it into the basketball hoop on the cats neck.

To soon to know who or what is behind all of this, or if there is a deeper meaning to it all. For now I am going to enjoy the blood shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post

Ain't this similar to Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu (Classroom of Truth) from Bakuman??
    No idea, I haven't read Bakuman in ages.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post

Lol I was thinking the same thing. It really is the same as Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu from Bakuman. To me that first chapter seemed to almost literally just copy the exact same manga in that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all except that the characters are of course different and this is actually a series as opposed to a manga within a manga lol.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I read up to chapter 3, its out, and all I can say is WOW. The manga so far has managed to keep a great unpredictability with it starting from the first chapter, and you'll see with the latest chapter. An unpredictability that completely jives with the dark theme making everyone fair game, well probably save the main character, that I would say is very akin to HXH. Definitely cannot wait to see the next chapters!

Definitely there are themes to the games but its still too early to discern what the pattern is, the latest game has a pretty vague word.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hamy; November 01, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool manga but it is rather surprising how such bloody scenes can appear in a shounen magazine.

There's a pretty nice plot twist at the end of chapter 4. I wonder how long they will keep the game aspect because the danger is that the manga becomes repetitive resulting in a short story. This is probably the premise of this manga. I don't expect it to take long unless these games are merely a preparation to something else. This is definitely interesting at this moment

---------- Post added November 12, 2011 at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2011 at 04:42 PM ----------

pretty interesting... The story seems to be brought to a complete new level. It is pretty awesome that this was a worldwide happening. I like where this is going to and I wouldn't be surprised if this will do a similar thing Gantz/Batlle Royal did. You take a premise and you use it as a setting to whole new scale. Those games were just a prelude to something bigger. It starts with cubes coming from space
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's starting to feel like Gantz.
    That insane-guy..sure we'll see him again because we know the police are useless in mangas like this.
    Cubes coming from space..reminds me of a certain robot flim.
    Anyway, that shut-in guy definitively know about the daruma thing but its weird why he's part of

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter out.
    As usual this manga continues to be completely unpredictable as to which characters are spared. The new game I think is very difficult, its the Kagome game, as from what I've seen at least with the first 2 contestants no discernible pattern for victory has been revealed by their deaths. Now that it is Takahata's turn I wonder how he will win other than pure luck. I am sure there is SOME type of way to win but its not clear yet. Moreover, another thing rather odd about this game is that there is no virtue being emphasized or written on the dolls other than their names. I wonder if the virtues were something only for the preliminaries? Unless motivation is the virtue, seeing as that was what the first guy was penalized for.
    Last edited by Hamy; December 13, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool chapter but I really hope that it will have some revelations later on.

As for the game, I don't think it matters whether you guess one of the puppet's name right. I think it matters that you just avoid the ending question. I'd put my back towards and also in the corner of the room and when the question is asked, I'd answer: no one. Or the opposite: you put yourself in front of a corner and you make a situation by which all three are mandatory behind your back.

Anyway, I also loved the colour page a lot
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

new chapters out both 7 & 8!!!
    I'm starting to realize what I love about the manga namely the ability to build suspense and the constant uncertainty of the situation of literally how unfair it can be at a moments notice. Still not sure what the aliens are gunning for with the candidates but it sure is cool to watch Shun grow more and more into a leader. I can't wait for the next chapter since this manga is so unpredictable with the death count, I'm hoping Shouko makes it through but if I recall psychopathic killer guy seems to play quite a big role so he may end up joining em or hopefully will just mooch of their hard work. Either way I'm completely hooked to the unpredictability and suspense of this manga.
    Last edited by Hamy; December 30, 2011 at 06:24 AM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

It is quite interesting. This manga becomes more interesting each chapter has been served. So, they are lucky that akimoto and another guy showed up to finish the game. This manga isn't only interesting because of the uncertainty given by each situation but also because of the sub plot we are still unaware about. What's the hidden motive, true objective? What about the portal and the key?

It is pretty interesting that Shouko was saved by and has joined Shun. She seems to have remained some certain conciousness when she was turned by that engacho guy.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

This manga is so interesting!!! I'm loving it so far. I love these survival type manga and the "creatures" in this give me that eery feeling like the aliens in Gantz. Although I do strongly prefer this to Gantz as it isn't filled with all the nudity that puts me off in Gantz
    I can't wait to read more from this. Is this a monthly manga?
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brigid001 View Post
    This manga is so interesting!!! I'm loving it so far. I love these survival type manga and the "creatures" in this give me that eery feeling like the aliens in Gantz. Although I do strongly prefer this to Gantz as it isn't filled with all the nudity that puts me off in Gantz
    I can't wait to read more from this. Is this a monthly manga?
    Yes but it seems the scanlation team is working on this only when the volume has been released, not too sure about this part though but so far it seems that way.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I'm completely hooked to the unpredictability and suspense of this manga.
    ITA. It's really unpredictable, people who I expected to survive just died pages later..
    I'm enjoying the games so far, all of them have a certain hole that the player can exploit if enough critical thinking is given
    so it's not exactly a dead end. It's interesting how all the stages differ from each other.
    I wonder what's behind everything? How does the mechanism behind those dolls work? Or is it really aliens?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast