Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What did Tao find out?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who the Agency is trying to recruit.

0 0%
  • What the Agency is recruiting people for.

5 100.00%
  • Something else.

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 207 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 207 Review

It was a pretty balanced chapter this week, character-wise, so no character spotlight. Not much else to say, except "Thanks for reading!"

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Raizel..Frankenstien...what are you guys doing, at night, in what appears to be a red light district?

This week starts off with the agency operatives, Na Yontsu and An Sangeen, continuing their observations of Shin Woo and Ikkan; both of whom prove to be difficult subjects. Shin Woo because he seems to have made a habit of going to PE hungry and exhausted. Ikkan because his computer skills are not exactly something he uses in social studies class. Yontsu again expresses impatience with their assignment, and Sangeen encourages her be grateful that their assignment leaves time for their side project.

Meanwhile RK-4 are continuing to observe and investigate who these agency people are and why they have come to the school. Takeo gets little from his observation of the agents but Tao manages to dig something up from his investigation of they agency objective. He immediately heads over to tell this mysterious "something" to Raizel and Frankenstein but finds that they have stepped out.

The scene then switches to Raizel and Frankenstein on a rooftop. Frankenstein once again tries to convince Raizel to go into hibernation. Raizel declines saying that he wants to spend some more time in the place Frankenstein has made for him, a place that Frankenstein created specifically so he could experience a normal life, and wonders if that's greedy of him. Frankenstein continues to look worried but assures him it isn't.

Then Raizel's phone rings, signifying that it's time for his late night snack. And he starts the journey home, looking quietly awesome as usual, as Frankenstein watches in silence until he mentions to his lord that their home is in the other direction.

Chapter Review

My lord, is this a subpena for for a sexual harassment lawsuit?

Substance
    Ok, this week moved things a little more than last week.

The agents are having trouble getting a good reading of Shin Woo and Ikkan. RK-4 are closing in on learning the agency's motives in coming to the school and Raizel health continues to be a dire concern for Frankenstein.

This chapter also told us in clear terms why Frankenstein built the school, and why he maintains it. He meant it as a haven for Raizel. To give his lord a chance to live a normal life, even if only for a short time, which is something Raizel has embraced and really doesn't want to let go of.

This creates a very interesting set-up because the agency potentially recruiting Shin Woo and Ikkan could be considered a threat to that normal life. Which is something Frankenstein would likely stop by any means necessary.

Presentation
    I think this chapter was put together better than last week, in every way. The art was good, with a few rather exceptional panels toward the end. The pacing was just about prefect. Spending just enough time with each scene to get the meaning of the scenes across but not staying there long enough for things to start to drag. The bit of humor at the end was also a nice touch.

Final Rating
    After a few slow chapters, this one got the narrative ball rolling again. It might not have been the flashiest of chapters or the most riveting story-wise but it was well done in just about ever aspect.

So I give it a 4 out of 5

My Predictions (Current Record 6-2)
    I only have one prediction this week, but it's a doozy.
    • Raizel will ultimately choose to use himself up completely in order to help his friends.

My Previous Predictions

Shin Woo's physical awesomeness is going to stay under the agents' radar for at least one more chapter.
    I was right on this one. Looks like that is going to be recurring theme with Shin Woo for at least a little while.

Rael make an appearance within 3 chapters(#204-206).
    I was wrong on this one. I still think he's going to show up but this arc has taken longer to get rolling than I thought it would.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    Will Raizel choose to assist his new friends even as he withers?
    Last edited by Jammin; November 01, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 207 Review

I voted for the number 2 option in the poll. Nice review again, also nice comment on the red light district. ^^

Hard question this time but I think Rai will do whats best for the humans.

o/t rant

I was thinking how great a team Franky and Raizel make after reading the chapter. Raizel the strongest Noble, one who shows the utmost noble like principles. Franky quite possibly the most advanced human in terms of genius for his time. Perhaps, even at the physical strength as well for a human.

So here you have the best of the human race partnered with the best of the Noble race.

I wonder how their relationship came about.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 207 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    This creates a very interesting set-up because the agency potentially recruiting Shin Woo and Ikkan could be considered a threat to that normal life. Which is something Frankenstein would likely stop by any means necessary.
    Interesting point of view. That is correct. I believe Frank would get angry knowing the intention (unless it's something to use against the Union, maybe) and will protect the students no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Will Raizel choose to assist his new friends even as he withers?
    Obviously a yes. I think he agreed with the previous lord that the nobles no longer need his protection like before, I imagine Rai would dedicate his life to protect and maintain the good relationship between the nobles and the humans. Including, protecting his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I voted for the number 2 option in the poll. Nice review again, also nice comment on the red light district. ^^

I was thinking how great a team Franky and Raizel make after reading the chapter. Raizel the strongest Noble, one who shows the utmost noble like principles. Franky quite possibly the most advanced human in terms of genius for his time. Perhaps, even at the physical strength as well for a human.

So here you have the best of the human race partnered with the best of the Noble race.
    I chose second option as well. Quite clear. XD

That reminds me of a scene in Code Geass. There were three good friends: one acted as the main leader/the master mind, one as the shield, one as the sword. I think that is what Rai and Frank have too. Frank is more towards the offensive type, while Rai tends to protect something rather than fight openly. Interesting combination indeed. :3

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply