Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What you liked the most about the chapter?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Illumi and Hisoka Interaction

22 50.00%
  • Alluka's Ability Explanation by Illumi

9 20.45%
  • Killua and Alluka Interaction

14 31.82%
  • Pariston mindfucking everyone

11 25.00%
  • Incredible art everywhere

9 20.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 323 Discussion

Negative Syndicate

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 323 Spoiler Discussion

I feel like there is always one person who constantly vote for Gon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    I was thinking Aruka is male by birth, but he has a female persona that only appears in front of Killua, and probably pestered Killua to call him "sister' in the past. Especially we now know there're two personality of Aruka:

Aruka: the one who called Killua 'brother' (the male/true personality)
    Nanika: the one who called Killua as "Killua" (the female personality).

Wait so why do I think the sweet kawaii one is male, while the unknown one is the female one.

Because Father saids Aruka never do 'pestering' on the family, so they've all only met Aruka (male). That's why on the surface Aruka's always been a boy to everybody.
    But since only Killua refers to Aruka as sister, that means only he has met "Nanika", whom cast 'pestering' on Killua before. This Nanika (female personality) WILL pester the family as "she" doesn't seems to acknowledge the familial relationship. And this is the part where Killua saids even dad doesn't know about. So that's why only Killua refers to Aruka as 'sister' (fulfilling a past 'pestering"), while all the clueless family members and servants only see Aruka as a little boy/young master.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

And i thought it's really cute how air headed Illumi can be.
    He thought he would be the person whom Killua loves most, Hisoka went on to correct him.
    This is one possibility, however the spoiler I saw said that Alluka can only pester when he calls the person's name directly and that's why he never pestered his parents.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickiq View Post
    This is one possibility, however the spoiler I saw said that Alluka can only pester when he calls the person's name directly and that's why he never pestered his parents.
    That's my guess: because it's always been the male persona Aruka when he's with his parents, so he'll called them by "papa mama". If it were Nanika who 's not 'family", "she" will then call the parents by their names and pester...? Anyway this is one explanation I can think of that explains everything based on the clues we've given.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure 'nanika' just means 'something else', i.e. Alluka probably has a split personality of some sorts.

I'd guess Alluka only makes demands from Killua since Alluka only trusts Killua, sort of like how Gon will only have Killua hold the ball for him against Razor because that's the guy he trusts.

I assume Alluka doesn't ask other family members because he has some sense of self preservation. If he makes a demand on a family member it's pretty likely he dies if they fail so he avoids doing that. I don't think Alluka can control what he asks, but he has some control over who he asks.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Actually, look at the conversation between Alluka and Killua. Alluka tells Killua to 'die'.

If you're one of the other Zs, knowing Alluka's ability, you can easily figure that was a pestering and it's inferred those guys would try to kill Alluka first. Sure you don't know if that'd actually stop the ability, but it's better than dying outright.

So the fact that Alluka doesn't ask his family is probably good for himself and his family. I'm sure Ilumi would immediately attempt to kill Alluka if he gets a question like that. I think even Silva will play safe and just kill Alluka first. Note that even if you agree to 'die', if that's not the 3rd pestering, you'd automatically fail the next 2 because you're dead, so if you get a 'die' pestering, it is always better to try to kill Alluka first since the worst that can happen is it doesn't work, but you were never going to fulfill any of the pestering after the 'die' pestering anyway.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Random funny part. Ilumi thought the two guys who will definitely die if the pestering fail is Killua plus himself because he must be the most loved one of Killua.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Nanika is just a name, like "whoever-ka"

People already speculate whether Nanika is some dead people's nen (grudges?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's just a different personality Alluka has to protect himself and his family. It seems like the real Alluka might demand another member to *die*, so to speak. It would never be the real Alluka talking to the rest of the family since I'm sure Alluka is aware if he said that, most of his family would attempt to kill him on the spot so he lets the other personality do the talking (or lack thereof).

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    I was thinking Aruka is male by birth, but he has a female persona that only appears in front of Killua, and probably pestered Killua to call him "sister' in the past. Especially we now know there're two personality of Aruka:

Aruka: the one who called Killua 'brother' (the male/true personality)
    Nanika: the one who called Killua as "Killua" (the female personality).

Wait so why do I think the sweet kawaii one is male, while the unknown one is the female one.

Because Father saids Aruka never do 'pestering' on the family, so they've all only met Aruka (male). That's why on the surface Aruka's always been a boy to everybody.
    But since only Killua refers to Aruka as sister, that means only he has met "Nanika", whom cast 'pestering' on Killua before. This Nanika (female personality) WILL pester the family as "she" doesn't seems to acknowledge the familial relationship. And this is the part where Killua saids even dad doesn't know about. So that's why only Killua refers to Aruka as 'sister' (fulfilling a past 'pestering"), while all the clueless family members and servants only see Aruka as a little boy/young master.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

And i thought it's really cute how air headed Illumi can be.
    He thought he would be the person whom Killua loves most, Hisoka went on to correct him.

That may be true, but I'm just going with what the spoilers say...and they say the female one that calls him 'oniichan' is the real one, while the one who calls him 'Killua' is the male one and a different personality. Though I guess we need the raw to tell.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rail-tracer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

spoiler pics

Hatred of humans blooming Demon
    Horseman of Death wish to Life
    Fate of Darkness Always ends with tragedy

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter is out in mangastream

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

"I'm fucked up but you're a piece of work too, you know ..."
    Ok, That made my day. I can disconnect from my computer now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really amazing how Togashi manages to pump out top class chapters week after week! And the art is incredible!!!
    This chapter had so many wins, from the descriptions of the power to the strange friendship between Hisoka and Illumi, from Illumi's unyielding will to protect the Zoldycks to Pariston's playing with the Zodiacs. And what a douche bag Milluki is, I knew he had no problem sacrificing someone for his own sake.

What I got from the "instructions" though is that the person asking the wish cannot be the same as the one taking the requests. If that's the case, who would want to wish for that knowing of the consequences? Last but not least, what's up with Alluka? Is it a boy or a girl and what's that darkness? It's also quite interesting how Illumi is unable to kill Alluka...
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

thats really complicated so failing to get what she wants and the death toll will stack like a book for the next one who will wish

alluka and killua are really close in my POV but the last panel give me the creeps

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Togashi sensei had us there, we didnt think about Killua would ask someone else to make the wish and he would pay the price. So things actually are even more complicated than what predicted here so far.
    Anyway, with the election and the whole Zoldycks going on, think we need 2 chapters a week 0__0.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Foreva's Avatar
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter is all I can say.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Alluka's granting wish is too complicated and still have many secrets... I love the part where Hisoka and Ilumi discussing Alluka's power with many LOL moments...

HxH really is a top class manga even without fighting etc it is a bit complicated for some people for them to not appreciate it but for me I find this the most interesting in Jump right now... I hope Togashi will not think of going hiatus again because things are getting interesting chapter by chapter...

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast