Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What you liked the most about the chapter?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Illumi and Hisoka Interaction

22 50.00%
  • Alluka's Ability Explanation by Illumi

9 20.45%
  • Killua and Alluka Interaction

14 31.82%
  • Pariston mindfucking everyone

11 25.00%
  • Incredible art everywhere

9 20.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 323 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 323 Discussion / 324 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I wonder, since the NGL citizens doesn't interact with the rest of the world, if you make an employee hijack someone from NGL and put him in front of Alluka, theorically nobody from the Zoldyek family would die, only 10,000 citizens from NGL and the employee.

Also, apparently Alluka needs to be in contact with a person to make requests, so if you can't fulfil the 3 wishes, you can make Malereon stopping the last request.

Men, HxH characters are kind of stupid... I mean, you can wish anything, being more powerfull than Netero, immortality, bring people back from the dead, make comic books became reality... and the guy asked for the newest computer model?
    Let's say 10K guys are going to die and you found a guy who lived in a cave all his life, you really have no idea who the other 9999 guys that are going to die will be. It might be closest guy of the closest guy to him (whoever you kidnapped him with), or it might be random. That said, the easiest way would be to kidnap a guy who lived in a cave, and then drive him around a big city for 3 days and then send him to meet Alluka while everyone else evacuate.

Hiding from the pestering is no different from killing Alluka. At any rate, nobody is really sure if any of those methods will work since there are a lot of example of abilities that do not get stopped by death. Ilumi doesn't really know if his method will work. It's just he knows for sure he will die if you refuse Alluka 4 times so it can't get any worse even if killing Alluka does nothing or worsens the effect.

The problem with wishing for something great is that it prevents this ability from ever being used again. Also, the 'tens of thousands' is an estimate. It might even be a lot more than that. Suppose you wish for immortality and it worked, it may very well be the next failure would kill everyone in the world (except the guy who become immortal). For all we know, maybe Gon's wish will require millions of deaths, which exceeds the number of contact anybody ought to have, and then who knows what criteria determines the extras? I'm pretty sure this ability doesn't get stopped just by the fact that you're a loner. Otherwise just kidnap a newborn baby to do it and it's totally risk free. I got the feeling they have Alluka around in case they ran into some problem that nobody can solve, but the Z family is well-aware that if they've to wish for something crazy, they might never get to use this ability again. Since the Z family already have just about everything, it really wouldn't make much sense to give up an ability that can bail you out of any kind of problem just for some power now. Sure, you can wish for godlike powers or whatever, but then who gets that power?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I wonder, since the NGL citizens doesn't interact with the rest of the world, if you make an employee hijack someone from NGL and put him in front of Alluka, theorically nobody from the Zoldyek family would die, only 10,000 citizens from NGL and the employee.

Also, apparently Alluka needs to be in contact with a person to make requests, so if you can't fulfil the 3 wishes, you can make Malereon stopping the last request.

Men, HxH characters are kind of stupid... I mean, you can wish anything, being more powerfull than Netero, immortality, bring people back from the dead, make comic books became reality... and the guy asked for the newest computer model?
    Milluki is the odd ball of the Zoldyeck family. He's not skilled with nen like the rest of the family. The Zs probably refused/ will refuse to give him money for the latest computer (in the real world would cost around $15,000 USD), and the Zs earn money by killing. For a physically unfit guy, probably not trained to be an assassin, nor gifted with nen, it will be a challenge in the HxH world. Pre-nen Killua is very skilled (earned money in the celestial tower and has gone up to 200th floor), but I don't think Milluki is even close to that.

From this, we can actually deduce that an updated computer wasn't a big wish, or Silva wouldn't have allowed him to meet Alluka. The challenge will be Killua's attempt to cure Alluka, the problem Illumi/Hisoka will probably cause to Killua, and how would Alluka react to Hisoka's presence (and probably Illumi, who probably abused him with nen/needles like he did to Killua).

Also, only Killua has such a huge wish to make, estimated to cost ~10,000 lives. The risk against Royal Guards/King were so high, it took the hunter president's life and a smartly planned nuke to find a resolution (or they could have nuked the whole palace and kill innocents as well.. .not a very interesting story).
    Last edited by Reach; November 05, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Milluki is the odd ball of the Zoldyeck family. He's not skilled with nen like the rest of the family. The Zs probably refused/ will refuse to give him money for the latest computer (in the real world would cost around $15,000 USD), and the Zs earn money by killing. For a physically unfit guy, probably not trained to be an assassin, nor gifted with nen, it will be a challenge in the HxH world. Pre-nen Killua is very skilled (earned money in the celestial tower and has gone up to 200th floor), but I don't think Milluki is even close to that.

From this, we can actually deduce that an updated computer wasn't a big wish, or Silva wouldn't have allowed him to meet Alluka. The challenge will be Killua's attempt to cure Alluka, the problem Illumi/Hisoka will probably cause to Killua, and how would Alluka react to Hisoka's presence (and probably Illumi, who probably abused him with nen/needles like he did to Killua).

Also, only Killua has such a huge wish to make, estimated to cost ~10,000 lives. The risk against Royal Guards/King were so high, it took the hunter president's life and a smartly planned nuke to find a resolution (or they could have nuked the whole palace and kill innocents as well.. .not a very interesting story).
    Actually Miluki borrowed $15 billion in exchange for killing 15 guys from Silva before he tried to bid on GI, and he had about $25 billion to work with so he has $10 billion in his bank account. Therefore the cost of the computer must be pretty trivial to him.

That said Miluki said the last time he left the house when he was 10. Maybe he wanted some new parts but couldn't trust people to handle the delivery, or maybe he just wanted it now. And if what Killua did was indeed the pesterings for the computer, then either he gets a 'big brother discount', or maybe Alluka factors in the fact that Miluki's computer must be a piece of junk now if PC technology progresses at the same rate as real life.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I always thought Milluki wished for a computer that were ALWAYS the latest model around to save the trouble of buying the newest one every time. An auto-updated PC, if you get what I mean.

...If not the wish is completely stupid.

PS: I always though that Milluki is not that weak, I'm sure He can achieve some kills and He knows a bit about Nen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    You know, I always thought Milluki wished for a computer that were ALWAYS the latest model around to save the trouble of buying the newest one every time. An auto-updated PC, if you get what I mean.

...If not the wish is completely stupid.

PS: I always though that Milluki is not that weak, I'm sure He can achieve some kills and He knows a bit about Nen.
    Given the nature of the Alluka's ability, it'd be dangerous to ask for anything powerful. It seems pretty clear that the Zs are trying to keep Alluka in some kind of stand by 'easy mode', that way if the need arises they can quickly wish for anything they'd need with no risk (yet). I guess it's possible they can leave Alluka in permanent 'black eye' mode, but that seems very dangerous if there's an invader that somehow sneak in. Remember that the Z family does have many enemies, and a lot of their powerful guys are usually outside doing stuff. For example say a guy with great hacking/sneaking skills broke in while all the powerful guys are gone. He finds Alluka and say: "All this work for a kid? I wish the Z family just all died and I can go home!" and Alluka will be like "Sure!" and then the entire family is now dead.

If you leave him at the pestering mode with easy requests (so only 2 dies), a random invader might just ignore Alluka and then die. Even if not, it at least gives you a bit more time before someone else can get back there.

Unrelated to this, I saw someone fill in new dialogues with this week's HXH and it's pretty hilarious, starring Togashi as Alluka and random Jump editor as Killua:

Togashi: Mr. Editor, die!

Editor: Okay.

Togashi: Mr. Editor, get up.

(Editor gets up)

Togashi: Hahaha, that was fun. Mr. Editor, here's this week's HXH!

(Editor takes this week's HXH)

Editor: There are rules regarding Togashi that no one else knows. The one who goes on a hiatus and draws rough sketches is the real Togashi. The one currently serializing for Shonen Jump is... someone else...

(Caption: Endless darkness)

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Random thought on Pariston. Given what we know of his personality, it seems very possible that the most disadvantageous ruleset that could've been picked during the lottery would be Pariston's own rules. While most of the Zodiac hated him, they obviously don't want to openly defy him so I think they won't go very far. But if Pariston wrote his own rules he's likely to put the most disadvantageous rules he can think of that he can still overcome, and obviously nobody will oppose those rules nor fear retaliation. Did he purposely complain about Gin's #5 rule to ensure Gin's rule would pass? After all, none of the other rules seem to hurt him in any way. It seems to me he walked into Gin's trap on purpose and helped him ensure that rules #1-4 will pass by complaining about rule #5 first.

Now it's possible Gin's trap refers to the fact that Pariston likes to get into a trap on purpose, but I don't think he knows Pariston well enough to plan like that. Gin's said to be perpetually missing from the Zodiac meeting, and it doesn't look like he has any contact with Pariston outside of that. So I think although Gin planned a trap for Pariston, he failed to realize that Pariston purposely let him plan the trap because he wanted a challenge and this will mess up Gin's original plan.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, poor Togashi. Although well, this feels like a different Togashi actually. If we look the first chapters or Ryodan arc (And even the Chimera Arc at some point) the art style was quite different. Now it feels better, stylized and somewhat darker. I love it. There is lot of improvement and I think this was what He was talking about changing his style when He was on that interview with Oda. He sure seems more motivated now.

And it's not a powerful wish, actually. We have to consider that there is Nen that can achieve things that are quite more powerful than that and even more complex. I think you're taking the limitations of normal beings but consider also that there is Nen. And from what you can see in GI, there are plenty incredible things that can be made (I mean, you can actually take three cards out for passing the game and that involves that all over the world you can get 3 powerful things as Archangel Breath and Risky Dice that alters YOUR LUCK)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    LOL, poor Togashi. Although well, this feels like a different Togashi actually. If we look the first chapters or Ryodan arc (And even the Chimera Arc at some point) the art style was quite different. Now it feels better, stylized and somewhat darker. I love it. There is lot of improvement and I think this was what He was talking about changing his style when He was on that interview with Oda. He sure seems more motivated now.

And it's not a powerful wish, actually. We have to consider that there is Nen that can achieve things that are quite more powerful than that and even more complex. I think you're taking the limitations of normal beings but consider also that there is Nen. And from what you can see in GI, there are plenty incredible things that can be made (I mean, you can actually take three cards out for passing the game and that involves that all over the world you can get 3 powerful things as Archangel Breath and Risky Dice that alters YOUR LUCK)
    Just like the Diego that died in the Chimaera was a fake, the one you think that is currently drawing HXH is not the real Togashi! All the recent arc is the new guy trying to tell us the real Togashi has been replaced by 'something else'!

A self updating PC is probably not that powerful, but there's really no reason to risk it since Zs sure aren't lacking in money. Also, you have to factor in that not everyone can calmly deduce what should be the right way to answer a request. For example the 'play dead' request can easily get a 'no' response from someone like Ilumi who only sees Alluka as a tool. He might assume he was lied to about the last wish and just assume all these childish requests are some impossible task and then kill Alluka first.

While I said that a request like a liver is easily doable for a powerful Z member, it's only doable if you're prepared and calm. If you've no prior knowledge, even someone like Silva might just go: "Huh? What are you talking about?" and if you miss the easy organs (liver/duodenum), now you're left with stuff that'd be hard even for a Z member to do (spine/brain). Further, the Zs differ considerably in ability. Miluki might not even survive the mushroom that the tourist ate (assuming it's poisonous) since he might not have the poison immunity training. Since they saved Alluka's ability for emergency, you can't be certain you always have the most powerful guys to deal with the nasty requests. If the Spiders teamed up with Zodiac to kill all the Zs and they were losing badly and only Miluki was able to sneak out, you don't want him to get bogged down trying to figure out how to remove a liver safely. You want things as trivial as possible so whoever got to Alluka can quickly wish for something like 'kill all the invaders'.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I noticed that the Z family don't even necessarily trust each other on the wish. When Killua talked to Silva, Silva said the wish was last used for a PC and it 'should be true'. He can't rule out the possibilty that Miluki might have wished for a hyperspeed computer that can program in infinite parallel universes at the same time or whatever crazy sci-fi stuff you want to use. If Miluki indeed wished for something like that, then we might not even need to get to curing Gon before the whole Z family gets wiped out. In an environment where nobody really trusts each other, if you were the wisher you'd definitely want to say something like: "See, totally normal PC!" You might even end up asking for less than you really wanted because you don't want others to think you'll make a wish that'd get the whole family killed somehow.

There was a talk of some super powerful computer network that stores the data of every person that's ever lived during the part where the hacker said he was unable to find the birth records of the Spiders even from that network. Miluki could've wished for that, but if he did, I'd imagine Silva will be be like: "Son, we need to talk" and it won't be very pleasant.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

The "Togashi goes on hiatus" spinoff would be a great manga since it's got a ton of creative people who used to have a lot of time to poke fun of the hiatus. Here's one from Ravages of Time.

Original text

Leader: How many people did we kill?
    Henchman: Must be at least 100K, my lord!
    Leader: That's not enough.
    Henchman: Not enough?
    Leader: Tell everyone we massacred 300K.
    Henchman: My lord, please rethink this!
    Leader: Make that 500K.
    Other Henchman: They say our lord is a master stratgist, but I think he's just a lunatic!
    Henchman: My lord, what of our reputation? What will the neighboring warlords think!?
    Leader: Make that 1 million!

HXH version

Togashi: How long is HXH on hiatus?
    Henchman: Must have been at least 3 months, sir!
    Togashi: That's not enough.
    Henchman: Not enough?
    Leader: Tell our readers HXH will be on hiatus for 6 months.
    Henchman: Sir, please rethink this!
    Leader: Make that one year.
    Other Henchman: They say Togashi is a brillant mangaka, but I think he's just a lunatic!
    Henchman: Sir, what will the readers think? What about Shonen Jump?
    Togashi: Make that indefinitely!
    Last edited by Uriel; November 07, 2011 at 12:59 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning:
    Moderator message by: Uriel
    It's forbidden to post the spoilers OUT of the spoiler thread. It's partypooper that you have to wait the mod to open it, but there is always a global mod in case the mod in charge is not online.

Spoiler thread open.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm i think that Killua could come out with a very unexpected way of using his sister's powers
    That would be soo Tokashi: explaining for three chapters how impossible high the mountain is and then suddently.. oh look here! a tunnel!
    my idea is that Killua is going to ask for... many many small wishes that will turn gon back to nornal one step @ the time, so the pesterings dont end up in a dead end situation .... some wishes will be certainly a little more dangerous , like growing his arm back, removing the rules upon him... but @ least it shouldnt be too dangerous.. im still convinced that Killua wants to save his sister too

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9