Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Remnant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo.

Err, well, hi? I don't really know what to say in introduction threads. In my previous stay in other forums, I'd usually write a long one, a very long one about myself, but it's something you need to read along the lines to understand my personality well.

So, yeah, hi. I'm here. Remnant. A user that took forever to pick a good forum. I stayed in a good forum since the month it started, the community grew fast - really fast! - but the members that stayed long were a bit... well, I'm not saying I'm better than them... but they're a bit immature and start to have conversations in many threads, aiming only for post counts (and more events I shouldn't speak of). >.>

Then, looked for other anime (or manga) forums of my favorite picks, and it was all to no avail. Finally decided on looking for a manga forum, instead of generally just anime forums, because anime forums's community are either too huge or too small. And so, I looked for a manga forum and this was my first pick. There were other picks, but they were absolutely worse in comparison to a website as great as this.

And yes, even as a dot, I am proud to be part of this community. I hope everyone will welcome me.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yo.

welcome remnant! How are you doing? I hope you haave fun here in Mh!If ur ever bored visit FUn forum section ~

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MH!
    You won't be disappointed by picking this awesome forum!

Don't worry, everyone here is unconvincingly nice and they will welcome you warmly.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    welcome remnant! How are you doing? I hope you haave fun here in Mh!If ur ever bored visit FUn forum section ~
    I'm always bored. Well, I like to believe so, so that when I'm really bored, I wouldn't have a good excuse for it. Anyway, imma do that soon. xD I'm somewhat mentally tired today. Need to take a rest. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Welcome to MH!
    You won't be disappointed by picking this awesome forum!

Don't worry, everyone here is unconvincingly nice and they will welcome you warmly.
    Err, very... encouraging. Well, to be honest, I had doubts of actually joining a forum again. I'm not the type of person who'd actually pick fights myself. Many people say that I'm somewhat a coward, but I don't believe so. I just play safe. Play the boring life. Protect my stupid life. And here I am, joining a forum where I might one day start a fight and start writing long lines of sentences of paragraphs of essays.

'Nyway, thanks for that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

haha Yuki-sama is always encouraging! Especially check out last person to post wins threads. Lots of fun

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remnant View Post
    Err, very... encouraging. Well, to be honest, I had doubts of actually joining a forum again. I'm not the type of person who'd actually pick fights myself. Many people say that I'm somewhat a coward, but I don't believe so. I just play safe. Play the boring life. Protect my stupid life. And here I am, joining a forum where I might one day start a fight and start writing long lines of sentences of paragraphs of essays.

'Nyway, thanks for that.
    Oh no.. don't get the wrong idea. We're not actually fighting.
    Errr~~ Uh, maybe we're fighting but it's harmless, really. It's just battles of wit.
    I hope you can keep up with our craziness.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

haha Yuki-sama is always encouraging! Especially check out last person to post wins threads. Lots of fun
    Wow, you actually use the ~sama honorifics.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Remnant! Thank you very much for joining us. I hope you have fun around here~ ^^

I'm sorry to hear that you were not comfortable with previous forums. I do hope that MangaHelpers would be able to provide you the kind of community you like. I believe we can; after all we have so many great members here. Problems may come as you meet more people around the internet, but don't let it discouraged you! It is part of the beauty, after all. Nothing is perfect.

So, talking about manga and anime, tell us some of your favorite titles.

What's with this? I told you not to scare the new members!

You should appreciate yourself more for trying to walk out of your usual, comfortable zone and try new things. You won't know until you try, right?

You made a huge, huge, mistake.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no.. don't get the wrong idea. We're not actually fighting.
    Errr~~ Uh, maybe we're fighting but it's harmless, really. It's just battles of wit.
    I hope you can keep up with our craziness.
    In the first forum, I was infamous for the fact that I kept on spamming. Well, not the obvious type of spams, but most of the time, I would usually have a conversation in some threads, causing them to be locked. Unusually, the moderators there never took action. As time went on, I learned that it was wrong (felt good >.>) and this is how I turned out to be. xD

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Welcome, Remnant! Thank you very much for joining us. I hope you have fun around here~ ^^

I'm sorry to hear that you were not comfortable with previous forums. I do hope that MangaHelpers would be able to provide you the kind of community you like. I believe we can; after all we have so many great members here. Problems may come as you meet more people around the internet, but don't let it discouraged you! It is part of the beauty, after all. Nothing is perfect.

So, talking about manga and anime, tell us some of your favorite titles.

You should appreciate yourself more for trying to walk out of your usual, comfortable zone and try new things. You won't know until you try, right?
    Thanks. Cheers me up for some reason. Been cooped up in the house for almost a week out of my own choice. Feels like I haven't talked to real people. >.<

'Nyway, my favorite titles are Durarara!!, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Macross Frontier, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. And yeah, fictional action titles. I do have some other favorites here that aren't categorized as 'action' but they're still the best. Notice that the first three titles are almost full of mind games. )

Also, the main reason why I'm afraid to step out and start to make a stand for myself is usually because of my nervousness. No matter how comfortable the place is, it's just there. I'm a very bold person when I make a stand, but suddenly, I lost the power to actually do something about it when people start to bully me (through mind blowing arguments). I'm not confident anymore in my power to actually talk about it. It may have something to do with the 'expectations' of the people around me IRL. The kinds of things where they think you're smart and you should be able to do better and know most of everything. The situation I'm in has something to do with 'English'. I can say that my English is good but wow, I don't know what came up to the minds of my friends but they believe that I'm some walking dictionary, that I know most of the vocabulary. (They must be stupid. Loljk.) I don't really see the connection but that's the only possible reason I could come up with. xD

Anyway, thanks again.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forums and mh Remnant

Geass , Macros frontier, fma are all awesome show some of my faves. Glad to have another member with us.

If you want to hang out, spam, visit the fun forum, or ff - for short. Take part in the I win thread games.

Of course, don't spam in the normal chapter discussion boards / threads. ^^

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Cheers me up for some reason. Been cooped up in the house for almost a week out of my own choice. Feels like I haven't talked to real people. >.<
    Aww. I hope the next week would be a better one. ^^

'Nyway, my favorite titles are Durarara!!, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Macross Frontier, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. And yeah, fictional action titles. I do have some other favorites here that aren't categorized as 'action' but they're still the best. Notice that the first three titles are almost full of mind games. )
    I watched Code Geass only from that list. XD Planning to try Durarara!! soon enough though. :3 I love action as well, though my current mood is romance, lool~

Also, the main reason why I'm afraid to step out and start to make a stand for myself is usually because of my nervousness. No matter how comfortable the place is, it's just there. I'm a very bold person when I make a stand, but suddenly, I lost the power to actually do something about it when people start to bully me (through mind blowing arguments). I'm not confident anymore in my power to actually talk about it. It may have something to do with the 'expectations' of the people around me IRL. The kinds of things where they think you're smart and you should be able to do better and know most of everything. The situation I'm in has something to do with 'English'. I can say that my English is good but wow, I don't know what came up to the minds of my friends but they believe that I'm some walking dictionary, that I know most of the vocabulary. (They must be stupid. Loljk.) I don't really see the connection but that's the only possible reason I could come up with. xD

Anyway, thanks again.
    You know what, sometimes that happens to me too. At certain points, like in your case, it prevents me from blending with the community and stay silent. It happens quite much when I entered new community, just like you. But over time, if I'm really interested in the site, I'll try to stick around and open myself more. I believe it will take some time for you, but I hope you enjoy the process. Enjoy and have fun, then you can look back some day and said that you glad you made such choice. XD I act stupid quite often, to be honest; sloppy and careless. But well, that's me, so I'll just enjoy it. XD

Ah, English! I thought Philippines people are good in English. So far all Philippines people I met have good English, you included. XD Isn't it like your second native language? Like it is for us Indonesians. :P

And you're welcome.

And for us French - never forget the French ©~Charlie
    Last edited by Charlie; October 30, 2011 at 06:08 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome new victim Hello and welcome to MH Remnant!!!

Read One Piece. goldb out

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forums and mh Remnant

Geass , Macros frontier, fma are all awesome show some of my faves. Glad to have another member with us.

If you want to hang out, spam, visit the fun forum, or ff - for short. Take part in the I win thread games.

Of course, don't spam in the normal chapter discussion boards / threads. ^^
    I'll try not to. #.#

Aww. I hope the next week would be a better one. ^^
    And I'm still hoping so. >.< It will be the end of our semestral break, and we'll be bombarded with tons of projects and activities - again! Still, I'll surely dedicate an hour in MH. I feel like this community will be great. >)

I watched Code Geass only from that list. XD Planning to try Durarara!! soon enough though. :3 I love action as well, though my current mood is romance, lool~
    Durarara!! is great. I had a weird sense of excitement compared to other action shows. I also praise it for actually being a good adaptation (can't really tell - but they say it is). xD I'd like to suggest some romance shows, but nah, I don't really watch many of them, and I might just end up being a bother if I don't pick the right ones. :O

You know what, sometimes that happens to me too. At certain points, like in your case, it prevents me from blending with the community and stay silent. It happens quite much when I entered new community, just like you. But over time, if I'm really interested in the site, I'll try to stick around and open myself more. I believe it will take some time for you, but I hope you enjoy the process. Enjoy and have fun, then you can look back some day and said that you glad you made such choice. XD I act stupid quite often, to be honest; sloppy and careless. But well, that's me, so I'll just enjoy it. XD
    True. And you really are awesome in so many ways. :O

Ah, English! I thought Philippines people are good in English. So far all Philippines people I met have good English, you included. XD Isn't it like your second native language? Like it is for us Indonesians. :P
    Not everyone is. In our school, majority of us are good, but there's still like 20% of us who can't speak well. And about 1% of the 20% are terrible in grammar. I'm not saying I'm far greater than them, but it's quite the opposite. Our level of English is quite the same. Unusually, they ask me vocabulary, I answer them, and wow, I get the title "Walking Dictionary" in our class. It's sad, really, that I don't know much vocabulary and that I can't answer them, yet I get this title. >.> Plus, what I hate about people calling me that is because it's embarrassing! There's one that really exceeds one's expectations. One that really participates in different contests from journalism to Q&A trivia! (She's smart in trivia things, but English is her strong point.) She talks great. It's as though she's an American because she talks in a slang fashion. She's the only pure Filipino I know that talks like that. There are some others that do, but they just can't imitate her awesomeness. She's the real deal.

She's my inspiration, but she's a bit awkward. She doesn't blend with people that much. It's not that she stands out; it's just that it isn't her type to talk to people.

Well, anyway, expectations. Ever since I read this in Lifehacker, I feel like I should be happy for it: "Expectations are just leftover praise. They are a blessing. If you didn't have the capability to meet them, they wouldn't exist." (by Chris Shiflett)

I guess that's it. I should believe in myself.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Welcome new victim Hello and welcome to MH Remnant!!!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Read One Piece. goldb out
    I'm planning to read One Piece actually. I just finished Hunter x Hunter, and it'd be great if the seriousness and the bits of drama of Hunter x Hunter wouldn't get to me than it should. One Piece would really relieve me with laughs.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

What's with this? I told you not to scare the new members!
    I told you they need to know the truth!

You made a huge, huge, mistake.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Durarara is one of my favorite animes too. And HxH simply is the best currently running weekly shonen. Really recommend checking OP too, it fills the #1 spot when HxH is on hiatus.
    Moderator message by: goldb
    hmmmm

Hope you enjoy your stay at MH.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece is a roller coaster ride. Though I'll tell you to brace yourself as many people find the first few chapters a bit slow but once it kicks in you won't wanna stop reading.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast