Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Help Regarding Bomberman Bidaman Bakushouden Victory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Help Regarding Bomberman Bidaman Bakushouden Victory

Hi all,

I'm new here. I'm currently scanlating a manga called Bomberman Bidaman Bakushouden Victory, which was released by my local publisher (an Indonesian publisher). The author of this manga is Tamai Takeshi. Unfortunately, I am unable to find any information regarding this manga. I have tried searching at Manga Updates, but I've had no luck so far. I believe the original Japanese publisher of this manga is Koro Koro Comic.

I would really appreciate it if anybody in here can give me further information on this manga. Also, if anyone wants to see what the manga I've scanlated so far looks like, here is the link to download it:
    Case solved, Link sample no longer needed
    I've only finished the first chapter so far but I'm planning to keep going. Any feedback regarding my scanlating work is highly appreciated. This is my first time doing a scanlation.

Thank you.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Porink; November 06, 2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Case Solved

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help Regarding Bomberman Bidaman Bakushouden Victory

Here's Amazon.jp's page for Bomberman B-daman Bakushouden Victory: click

And telling by the Amazon info, it explains why you found a lack of it on MU. It's due to this series first being published way back in 1998... o__o (So, you should consider yourself fortunate to have it published in your country.) This series does have a fairly well-known anime that you can watch, if you want to understand it fully. I believe the anime came first in this case.

I knew of B-daman Bakugaiden, but I never heard of Bakushouden. Now it makes complete sense. The anime's name is "Bakugaiden", while its manga adaptation is "Bakushouden" for some unknown reason. (Even though, the Wiki articles state them as having the same name for both versions... On Amazon.jp, all I can find was the final B-daman manga that goes under the name of "Bakugaiden", which was published in 2000. The Bakugaiden Victory anime is based on this particular volume.)

Anyways, since they should be the same thing or within the same universe....

Bakugaiden Wiki entry for the prequel, which should be what you're after: click
    Remember, Bakushouden V =/= Bakugaiden V.
    Bakugaiden Wiki entry for the sequel: click

During my brief research, I also stumbled upon someone working on a scanlation of the prequel, but didn't get too far...: Click me.

I wish you good luck with your scanlation! ^__^ I think it looks pretty good so far. (I'm no pro, but as a casual observer, it's a *thumbs up* from me.)
    Last edited by tgirl; November 01, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, thanx..
    For some part I'm confused about the translation for the characters should be..
    For cleaning and redrawing part.. I'm quite sucks at redrawing mainly on "Meet the Characters" page.. You can see some of them are dented.. Lol.. But I'm gonna cover it with words, so maybe it's not bad as it looks after I cleaned....

I have the not direct prequel "Bomberman B-daman Bakushouden" but got confused because my publisher listed it as another Takeshi Tamai works.. From the other subforums, I found out that the first one should be Koichi Mitaka's works.. The reason I choose the Victory ones for scanlation first is because I got double books when buying it.. Because this sould be my first debinding and scanlation, of course I choose a double ones in case anything happens.. There are some other bomberman/B-daman related manga in queue for scanlations though...

The Amazon links that you get for me give an almost the same cover for the Bomberman B-daman Bakushoden I have..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally have time to respond back.

You're welcome. ^_^

I notice you did leave the names blank in the scanlation. If there were Japanese raws of this manga, I would've gladly helped you out there.

And I didn't notice the dents, so I think you can still be ok. If they're going to be covered by words, then you shouldn't worry too much.

I see. So, two different mangakas. o__o Interesting...

As for the covers, yeah, they should be similar. The Indonesian publisher had to rely on the cover, right? So, they should be a bit similar in some ways. ^^; Even if the manga came out more than a decade ago. (This looked like the perfect manga to practice Japanese on. Very simple sentences telling by your translations....)

Actually, I now think that even if Bakushouden runs in the same universe, the plots between itself and the anime seem to be very different. The manga version looks more like "Ah, there's trouble! Let's go save the day!" while the anime has villains who are crucial to the story. And yet, I still recommend watching the anime just a little to see if it does help you in identifying some characters. Only you have the knowledge of what happens in the manga.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I put the names in blank first because I didnt know what the names should be, but after reading b-daman japanese wiki, it's already been filled in now, and the download link is updated.. The raw is Indonesian as I bought some used books..
    Please download again, to see the final result looks like..

Btw, mikkih found out that it is a different manga after all. Well, this straightens things out, as I only have the bakushouden series and not the bakugaiden one..
    Last edited by Porink; November 02, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. So, they are sort of like an alternate reality story then from Bakugaiden. Ok. That's good. ^__^

And good job on getting the names that way.

I looked at your updated work. Pretty good. ^__^ Wish you the best, again, with the rest of the series! (I am a big Bomberman fan but I've never read any Bomberman manga before. Yours is the first. >D)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm working on the second chapter now.

Btw, I've never had the chance to watch the anime..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay.

It's ok. You're not missing anything by not watching the anime. ^__^ I only saw one episode of B-daman so all these Bomberman characters of this universe are a little foreign to me.

BUT if you ever have the time, I do HIGHLY recommend you to watch the Bomberman Jetterz anime! I think it's one of the best video game adaptions to this very day. (And I'm not much of anime watcher unless the story catches my eye. ^_^)

New Reply