Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Takayuki Furuichi

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Takayuki Furuichi

I hope most of you agree with me saying that Beelzebub would not be as entertaining without Furuichi. What we know about him:
    • Event though, Oga and Furichi have different personalities, Furichi is best friend of Oga
    • He has no battle abilities
    • A coward
    • He is not delinquent like Oga or rest of the pack

Please, feel free to add what I have not mentioned / forgotten.

PS : Furichi is my favorite character in the series along with Oga

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Takayuki Furuichi

Woah, another fellow Pakistani in da house!

Honestly, I constantly switch between the two. Sometimes I'm an Oga fangirl, sometimes I'm a Furuichi fangirl.

I wish more manga series had a "Furuichi" in the cast. :P

Other facts about him: He is interested in having a girlfriend, and just like Oga he hates long stories. According to the Japanese Wikipedia, apparently Furuichi got accepted into a prestigious high school but was rejected later on when he involved himself in one of Oga's fights. xD

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

He does have so many fetishes. He does.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

He also has super hearing, for all those voyeuristic moments you can't afford to miss. =D

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Furuichi the strategist quite the epic

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Two translation of Furuichi's profile:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluein View Post

Takayuki Furuichi (15) - 1m75 - Born on November, 11th
    Dislikes : Endless stories
    Author's comments : He knows Oga from kindergarten. He was supposed to be clever, but he ended in Ishiyama. That's a mystery for me. I will think about it later. Oh, I know! He could have been involved in one of Oga's fights and so, his first high school chosen rejected him. That's something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post

Takayuki Furichi (15)

• Height: 5 feet 8,9 inches
    • Born on 11 of November
    • He like:
    nice and sweet girls,
    gorgeous girls,
    every kind of girl
    • He doesn´t like:
    Long talking
    • Since Basic School, he stand by the side of Oga, in the good and bad Days.
    • The Mangaka himself doesn´t know, why Furichi has to stand in the Ishiyama
    Highschool. In fact that Furichi is a brilliant Student. The school Furichi want to go,
    reply him, about the influence of Oga´s fights. Or something like that
    • His livingroom is still a trash mountain

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So, now that everyone else has showed up at Akumano Academy, what do you guys think Furuichi will do next? It seems that Himekawa might take over the role of recon for the rest of the arc...or will we see the beginning of a Furu-Hime partnership? :O

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread, because uhhh....yeah. Do you guys think Furuichi is going to be holed up in the bathroom the whole time?

Is it just me or does Furuichi never get a shadow figure* in the manga? We all know Saotome was kind of like Oga when he was in high school, so did he not have a straight man best friend like Furuichi? Likewise, Aiba is totally like Oga, and Penis High School has a TKKH like Ishiyama as well. So why is there no Chinsuko!Furuichi? Of course, this isn't a bad thing or anything, I'm just curious.

*In literature, a shadow is someone who is eeriely similar to the character, but either for better or worse (evil twin). For example, Suiten and Saotome are blatant shadow figures to Aoi and Oga.
    Last edited by Teeba; March 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

He's too awesome to have a shadow figure. He's Tamura-sensei's one-of-a-kind jewel in the series.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

While it is true that he is too awesome to shadowed I kind of expected Saotome to have a Furuichi of his own.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping thread because I wanna know...what does Furuichi's name mean? Here is the spelling of his name in Japanese: 古市 貴之. I became curious because apparently Oga's name is quite manly. Maybe Furuichi's full name is weak and wimpy?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Bumping thread because I wanna know...what does Furuichi's name mean? Here is the spelling of his name in Japanese: 古市 貴之. I became curious because apparently Oga's name is quite manly. Maybe Furuichi's full name is weak and wimpy?
    That I can answer, at least partially.

古 is the kanji for "old". 市 means "city". 貴 means "honour, esteem". And 之 is a possessive particle without a particular meaning. So his name could translate as something like "old esteemed city".

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kendama! It's always a pleasure to see your posts around here.

So Furuichi's name means old esteemed city? It sounds a bit old-fashioned, but I guess that suits him. Maybe the author thought it would be funny that a person least concerned with esteem and dignity would have that in his name.

---------- Post added May 06, 2012 at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was May 02, 2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

Do any of you think Furuichi has gotten character development since the beginning of the manga?

I think he has, but it's just not been a very linear progression. He's definitely become more nutty and more open since the beginning of the manga. One could say Oga and Furuichi almost switch positions as bokke and tsukkomi, even.

I mean, on one hand you could say Furuichi is being flanderized, but I disagree because he hasn't been pigeonholed into any one trait. Unlike Oga, whose character development happens at certain plot intervals, I feel like we're always learning something new about Furuichi. Of course, I could be completely wrong, since he is my favorite character.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post

Do any of you think Furuichi has gotten character development since the beginning of the manga?

I think he has, but it's just not been a very linear progression. He's definitely become more nutty and more open since the beginning of the manga. One could say Oga and Furuichi almost switch positions as bokke and tsukkomi, even.

I mean, on one hand you could say Furuichi is being flanderized, but I disagree because he hasn't been pigeonholed into any one trait. Unlike Oga, whose character development happens at certain plot intervals, I feel like we're always learning something new about Furuichi. Of course, I could be completely wrong, since he is my favorite character.
    Maybe I'm overlooking it, but Furuichi barely made any progress as a character besides become laughing stock . I mean, we need some Furuichi-centric arcs where his background (or life) focused. Unfortunately up until now (because of being Oga's wingman) he doesn't get enough spotlight to get his own dramatic story. If Furuichi gets some drama backgrounds, We may see him progress as a character rather than just a pervert teenager .

On completely unrelated topic, Teeba, did you get my PM? I wasn't sure where to put the meaning of Beelzebub characters name yesterday so I PM'ed you instead

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pnyhmsmx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll attempt to "decode" the word choice of Furuichi's name. Even if his name can be interpreted as a some way to say that he is scholar who studied a lot while in the city, his mind is nothing more than that of a lecherous old man.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast