Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Best & Worst Parts of Beelzebub in 2013

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Best & Worst Parts of Beelzebub in 2013

Since 2014 is imminent, I thought it would be cool to see what were you favorite and not so favorite moments of the year. This could be anything from what was the best chapter, as a stand alone, to just best part/arc/story. The same for worst parts.

I'll go first:

Favorite chapter: 217 & 218

I loved seeing Beel take leadership and help the TKKH out, as well as Himekawa revealing himself to be the magnificent bastard he truly is. The next chapter was a great follow-up as Oga completely owns Takamiya.

Best moment: When Baby Beel calls Oga "Dada"

Even though I was underwhelmed by Oga's decision, Baby Beel calling him dada was really heartbreaking.

Worst moment: Hilda's return and Furuichi's revival

I don't know why but I just thought both things were underplayed. Furuichi's especially because I wanted to see how Mammon fixed him.

What were your favorite and least favorite parts of Beelzebub this year?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best & Worst Parts of Beelzebub in 2013

I loved how Fuji sent Tatsumi flying through multiple buildings, and i hated Furuichi's revival arc.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the furuichis were my favorite, nekkid furuichi even.

I thought its been all great this year so no bad arcs or chapters.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

From chapter 188 to chapter 233

Best of 2013

Character: Beelzebub IV. Beel show a lot of growth this year. He is stronger and doesn’t rely on Oga as much as before. Without Beel, Oga and his gang are pretty much useless.

New characters: Nasu, Johan,Akaboshi and Mammon. Nasu and Johan were pretty cool before getting slaughtered by Oga. Akaboshi is also pretty awesome. I like Mammon purely for design and his personality.XD

Surprises:
    -Furuichi getting his heart ripped out. It was unprecedented and the most darkest moment in Beelzebub history.
    -Beel said his first word!
    -Iris in cahoot with Solomon Company.
    -Oga going to America.

Fight: General Furuichi vs Taka’s minions. Literally the only fight that Furuichi got this year.

Comedic moments:
    -The entire Furuichi revival arc. It’s the reason why I love Beelzebub. The comedy!
    -Oga commenting on the expertise of the person who did the “wallplant” at the beginning of the arc.
    -Tojo looking for Furuichi’s soul in the toilet and him being unaware of the emblem on his arm. Also, Tojo’s training.
    -Furuichi’s soul popping out of Taka’s minion.

Worst of 2013

Characters: The rest of the Ishiyama gang (excluding Oga, Furuichi and Tohoushinki) They were pretty much fodders throughout the year. Their fight against Taka’s minion didn’t end well. They had no character development. The red tails were demoted to worshipping Aoi. Granted, they are not exactly the most important characters but they were generally more likeable in previous years.
    The pillars squad. They keep getting fodderish again and again.

New characters: The duo from Solomon Company, Taka, and Ringo. Beelzebub has tons of random fodder characters that appeared for 1 panel only but they are surprisingly likeable. The duo were a joke from the very beginning. Whenever they try to act “serious”, they seem rather pathetic.
    Taka is actually an okay character and I like his backstory. But as his fight keep dragging, I started to find him annoying and whiny.
    Ringo is just a shallow character.

Surprises:
    -Iris reason for leaving Beel. I know I shouldn’t expect a serious reason but it was still disappointing.
    -The other 5 upstart teaming up with Oga. There is no reason for Ringo to team up with Oga at all.
    -Oga leaving Beel right before encountering Fuji. There is no way Oga and his gang can defeat Fuji without Beel. Eventually, they have to get back together. So, what was the point in that scene other than drama purpose?!
    -Furuichi’s life getting treated as a joke during the Taka fight. As the fight dragged on, it seem like everyone is forgetting that Furuichi will die if his soul is not collected on time. Furuichi’s soul being all funny felt out of place considering what happened.
    -Himekawa is not a traitor. We all saw that coming. I didn’t really like how everyone just accept him back despite nearly getting Furuichi killed!

Fights:
    -Taka vs Oga. I stop reading Beelzebub because of this never ending fight. I lost interest in Aoi,Kanzaki and Tojo fight. I wanted Taka to drop dead already.
    -Ringo vs Aoi. I don’t even…

Shames:
    -Hilda did almost nothing at all throughout 2013. All she did was gave us some informations. I was excited for her return. And she did nothing in the America arc despite the Iris connection.
    -Furuichi got some moment (figuring out about Solomon Company & fighting Taka’s minions) Other than that, he is just a joke character and does nothing.
    -Aoi and Kanzaki being demoted to Oga’s followers. I know the tohoushinki will eventually fall under Oga so it’s fine that they became his underling. Kanzaki is not as mean as he used to be and Aoi is not really a badass anymore. I feel they are lacking a personal identity.
    Himekawa and Tojo are still themselves. They maybe Oga’s underling but they are still their own man. In a nutshell, more character development for Aoi and Kanzaki to let them stand out as an individual instead of just being Oga’s underling.
    -Oga is getting a bit too hax. He keeps getting stronger due to random powerup. His fight are also getting boring to watch. While he did slightly struggle against Nasu and Taka, he still defeated them rather easily. No other character is gaining a power boast as much as he is.

On the positive note, I hope 2014 would be a better year for Beelzebub.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of your points but I do think you're being a bit harsh on Aoi and Kanzaki for being more loyal to Oga. Aoi has always been sensitive to what Oga's done and acted on, its a pretty big part of her personality. And I'm not sure how Kanzaki and Aoi got "demoted" but Toujo and Himekawa didn't? If anything Aoi is definitely more independent than Kanzaki. She can still rely on her black techs training, and she did when Oga got separated from Beel during the Takamiya Arc. And most recently, she's tried to help people not get petrified and has formed an alliance with Agiel. Aoi may not be a loner like Toujo, but she's not waiting for Oga's commands either.

To be honest, whether you like it or not, Aoi got a hell of a lot of screentime this year, both in terms of character development and action. She fought and won against one of the 6 Killer Elements, facilitated or not, and she regained position as leader of the Red Tails. It was completely focused on her. Whether you like it or not, Aoi's always wanted Oga's acknowledgement, and she got that too. Then later on during the Takamiya arc, she took down two of the Fallen Angels. And most recently she's the one taking action and saving Furuichi. If anything, maybe Tamura should focus less on her and more on other characters, like Hilda and Toujo.

I'm not saying you can't dislike her for it, and holy cow was the Ringo arc disappointing, but its not like Aoi is a doormat.

I'm not really sure what to say about Kanzaki but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I agree with most of your points but I do think you're being a bit harsh on Aoi and Kanzaki for being more loyal to Oga. Aoi has always been sensitive to what Oga's done and acted on, its a pretty big part of her personality. And I'm not sure how Kanzaki and Aoi got "demoted" but Toujo and Himekawa didn't? If anything Aoi is definitely more independent than Kanzaki. She can still rely on her black techs training, and she did when Oga got separated from Beel during the Takamiya Arc. And most recently, she's tried to help people not get petrified and has formed an alliance with Agiel. Aoi may not be a loner like Toujo, but she's not waiting for Oga's commands either.
    I won't denied that I'm slightly biased against Aoi after the Ringo fight. Currently, any association with Oga just irk me. As you said, she is still independent and has her own techinque.She's also not waiting on Oga's commands. But since her needing a pep talk from Oga, it would take a while for me to be less harsh on her.
    It's just my opinion. I just feel that they are more "independent" from Oga.

Quote Quote:
    To be honest, whether you like it or not, Aoi got a hell of a lot of screentime this year, both in terms of character development and action. She fought and won against one of the 6 Killer Elements, facilitated or not, and she regained position as leader of the Red Tails. It was completely focused on her. Whether you like it or not, Aoi's always wanted Oga's acknowledgement, and she got that too. Then later on during the Takamiya arc, she took down two of the Fallen Angels. And most recently she's the one taking action and saving Furuichi. If anything, maybe Tamura should focus less on her and more on other characters, like Hilda and Toujo.
    I do agree that we need to see less of her. Frankly, I'm starting to find her boring. Hopefully, that would make me less biased against her.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply