Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Angels in Beelzebub?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Angels in Beelzebub?

Angels in Beelzebub.

We all know that the track driver in Los Angeles that gave Oga and Co. a ride's name is Michael. (My real name is also Michael by the way)

So it occured to me. Michael is a name of an archangel. Beelzebub is manga that features Demons, Demon Contracts, Demon Wet Nurses Demon World etc.

What is the opposite of Demons? Angels!!!

So do you guys think that there will be Angels in Beelzebub later in the story? Not to mention the name of Takamiya's group is Fallen Angels.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Angels in Beelzebub?

The only one who can stand for an Angel or for all the good. Is Furichi who always stay on OGAs Side and take care of him that he doesn´t do to much wrong
    But in the end Oga do what he wants. But i dont see when the Hell and Demon Families fight them self, that Angels will appear also.

No only Furichi will play a role later or earlier in that kind of Way but not as Angel.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it might be interesting in a long run to have some sort of angel opponents in the story. Especially after we finish with all the demon opponents.
    Of course they should be on a completly different level, since otherwise they won't bring anything new to the story.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

on the other hand, theres a manga that focus on the demon too, and when the time an "angle" been involved that is the end of the manga (Defense Devil).

i hope Beelzebub will not go down the same path.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we'll some in the Solomon company since they're in Los Angeles and even Alaindelon emphasizes that the city is nickname the "city of angels".
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But you know what is the Problem in that overall. I wil explain another thought, when i read the comment of "City of Angels" what was a Film. From an Angel who pick up all the Death People around the Town.

But back to they normal, so we start to bring in some mystic aspect in this Story with the six Sins of Hell. And it based on mystic and religios knowledge. So when you want bring in now Angels, then we have a small problem. Cause in the mystic there only 2 kind of Angels. Those who fighting against the Heaven cause they thought, her Father(God) loves the Humans more then his Angels(real Sons). So this kind of Angels would do nothing, really nothing. They only live on Earth and hate Humans.
    The other Angels stand under direct Protection of God, if you would take them in the mythologie Way. Never leave the Heaven, never will be seen by Humans. If you would attack only one you start a war with Heaven and God.

So overall i dont like this to bring in this Way, cause there is already a BIG BIG BIG manga Series who capture this kind of Part already fro century. When you know it already its good. Otherwise if you wanna read some Manga with Angel supernatural, you can read Angels Sanctury(the Legend) or not so famous more in the scene is Saint Seiya. This manga already exist since 70 or 80´s when im not complete wrong.

And Mangas with Demons are total Popular in our Time, i would not know where to start with series name and where to stop. A very famous manga series in GErman, is Blood Lad. And has what a wonder vampire and Demons. Another manhwa Series is Majeh - King of Hell. And what is it a Comedy Demon Story with Human. Very Funny i follow this Series very long. Like i said same as Beelzebub. Only the art of Story is different and drawing, that is normal.

So with all the extra thought i still would say no Angels in this Manga Series, let this mythologie part still going with Saint Seiya.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that the introduction of angels to demon stories always, always ended up ruining the story. So I hope Beelzebub stears clear from any angelic content.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its a really interesting coincidence. The "angels" part has been hinted at a lot recently. For example, Takamiya's gang are called "the fallen angels", because Lucifer was originally an angel who defected against God and became a demon.

Now we're in Los Angeles, the City of Angels, and the first character they meet is Michael, the name of one of the archangels. Who knows, maybe Michael's family will all have angel names, like Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, etc. Its interesting to note that Iris's name is derived from a goddess who has wings.

I do think Tamura is having fun playing around though. Like when the Christmas arc started and Hilda suggested going to the demon world...we were all hoping they would go, but instead we got trolled with the appearance of Moelda and Oga ended up not going. I think the author knows his fandom very well and is giving little shout-outs here and there, but without actually deviating from the story. Because like Black Hawk said, it's just too late in the manga to intoduce angels.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actualy never to late to introduce anything in the manga. It's just those demons dont look like "canon bible demons" (considering all part about how fallen angels turned into demons). I think at some point random group of peoples can declare themself as "angels" without actualy be them (imposters!).
    And to add more, yea, i dont like and idea of a real angels to appear. They ruined my favorite Supernatural show (it was alot better without them) so i hope author will use this theme realy carefull.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think is to late to introduce angels since the actual structure and history(sort off) of the demon world is just starting to surface and we really know nothing about the supernatural beings also the fact that they have Lucifer and they made reference to the fallen angels with Takamiya's gang is not to far fetch to think they might be appearing in the manga, maybe even this arc. As for whether the angels are human haters on Earth or the protectors of heaven and God, I don't think it really matters since the demons in this manga don't follow any pattern from the religion they are from so the angels if they appear don't really have to follow the stick their religion portrayal, also Tamura could just make them opposites of demons from a heaven like dimension.
    please click on them to help them grow.

New Reply