Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hildegarda

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hildegarda

Mhhh... I believe that having Aoi involved will be necessary for any real change in Hilda. Dunno why but... I feel that way.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying My first article : Hilda (Hildegarde) - an ignored heroine

I know you are the heroine on this work, so you have the same scene of the hero Oga Tatsumi and his partner Baby Beel. Because it is unchangeable rule of every animate.

However you have a treatment is a female supporting role and less than Kunieda Aoi and Furuichi Takayuki, also you have a few scene in every opening and some episode (e.g. 49) and even go to school. You know? You must not imitate Tojo Hidetora! Because you must learning everyday to improve your personal appreciation if you want to become the best Demon Maidservant.

To match up this article, now I enclosure the music video "A few (少數)" by Hong Kong male singing group "C Allstar" to let you admire:

Last edited by PierceCheng; February 08, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    我、生きずして死すこと無し。理想の器、満つらざるとも屈せず。これ、後悔とともに死すこと無し。— 斑鳩IKARUGA

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi PierceCheng. Welcome to the Beelzebub forum! I moved your post here because I thought it would be more relevant. The thought didn't occur to me since you are talking about anime!Hilda, but I think its also really relevant to the manga too.

When Doraku mentioned it in this thread, I didn't think too much of it. But now that we're getting into this new arc and Hilda isn't present, it makes me realize how marginalized she really is. Even when she gets lots of screentime (like the Christmas Arc), you can't help but think she's only half there.

Er, I'm trying not to sound too serious about it, but I think Hilda needs to diversify more outside her role as Beel's mother. Its becoming a standard tagline for Oga, whenever Hilda is conflicted he just tells her she's Beel's mother and she feels better. But shouldn't just be Beel's mother (and by extension, Oga's wife), she can be many other things as well. And her loyalty to Beel is as strong as ever, since when she switched back from Moelda in the Christmas Arc Oga didn't have to do much to convince her to stay in the tournament (even though it was a total dick move on Oga's part). But if her loyalty and dedication to Beel is that strong then what else does she do with her time? What does she think about Earth?

This isn't a critique, but I think Hilda is due for some character development, something not so directly related to Beel. Even her relationship with Furuichi seems marginalized as of late (to the point where she didn't even interact with him during the Tissues Arc 'til the end; he didn't even bother to comment on Moelda's second appearance). I think if Yolda re-entered the scene and they re-kindled their relationship that would be an interesting start.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. There is a lot of untapped potential for her, I think.

I feel like there is a whole backstory to her we just haven't got around to learning yet. Like, the recent revelation that she's actually 16. Hard to believe we didn't even know that. I'm sure it's going to be great and that we will get around to it but I must admit to being a little surprised it's taken this long.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than moan how long Hilda's been absent from the manga, lets talk about when she'll come back and what plot development she'll bring with her. The longer Hilda Stays On the Bus, the more I'm convinced she's going to bring back some epic piece of information. Maybe she'll reveal who Fuji is contracted to, or maybe she'll receive some kind of power up that'll be useful in the next upcoming arcs. What do you guys think?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3