Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hildegarda

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hildegarda

I agree. I see the arc as the perfect way for characters to figure out how they see Hilda--and most importantly how Hilda sees everyone else. Besides Aoi and Furuichi, she really hasn't interacted with the human characters as much at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll react once she regains her memories. How Hilda reacts might as well show us how demons adapt to living on Earth.

I'm glad the author is focusing on her, even if it is in an almost parody-like way.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice posts. The amnesia is a way for Hilda's character to develop. I assume, she will regain her memory. She will act cold and hostile as before, but there will be moments when she will show her caring and tender nature as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wondering, have they ever shown Hilda's left eye in the manga?
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Not even once! In fact, a lot of fanart show hints of Hilda's left eye, but the manga never does, even when it defies logic. Like, when Hilda is mid-fall before she gets captured by the dragon, her hair should really be flying all over the place, but it stays put.

I would be cool for there to be an arc about Hilda's eye. I mean, the woman shut off her emotions just to become the best wet nurse, I'm sure her eye has something to do with it!

Going back to the chapter, I'm curious to see Hilda and Himekawa interact more. They both can be quite ruthless, I'm wondering how it'll play out.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Hilda's left eye is on the same line as for Sanji: since she probably has normal eyebrows, maybe we will discover that she has eyes of a different colour. Who knows!

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that would be cool, if her left eye was blue or something! But I am also wondering if its sealed by some kind of magic, which would fit the parody aspect of Beelzebub. You know, maybe Hilda and Yolda are the only surviving members of a servant clan....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hildas is a Demonic android maid and in her left is a kamera, so demonic lord can always watch what his son is do. Or maybe Hilda got a visionary Eye like Sven from BlackCat.
    Or Maybe left Side of the Face looks like a Succubus. XD Becomes Hilda is a natural Bomb.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Hilda's been more focused than normal this arc, or is it just me? Not surprising since she got an order from the Demon Lord, but I'm curious what MH thinks.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Hildas is a Demonic android maid and in her left is a kamera, so demonic lord can always watch what his son is do. Or maybe Hilda got a visionary Eye like Sven from BlackCat.
    Or Maybe left Side of the Face looks like a Succubus. XD Becomes Hilda is a natural Bomb.
    This makes so much sense I can't even think straight. Maybe when she finally rebels she'll wear an eyepatch or something. xD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Do you think Hilda's been more focused than normal this arc, or is it just me? Not surprising since she got an order from the Demon Lord, but I'm curious what MH thinks.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    Come on Teeba where was your Head. In which Arc Hilda stand in the middle. The Behemoth Arc when she talk about the history and Sister Holda. When she fight for her Sister. There was no other Arc she stand in middle.

This makes so much sense I can't even think straight. Maybe when she finally rebels she'll wear an eyepatch or something. xD
    And i was thinking this was the only truth. An Android Demon was for me the only truth. Maybe something like that.

Hilda is Demonic Android Maid, Hilda is beautiful, Hilda is wild and Hilda is an android. So maybe i find the truth.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; July 08, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling the same but not just on this recent chapter. IMO, Hilda has more "serious" tone post-Amnesia arc. She is more focused toward her goal to gain retainer as much as possible and rarely talks about anything besides that. Lately, her roles are kinda marginalized (ok, bad choice of word) by Tamura compared to pre-Amnesia where she became the main heroine for almost every arc. Maybe that's the reason, I think.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

And i was thinking this was the only truth. An Android Demon was for me the only truth. Maybe something like that.

Hilda is Demonic Android Maid, Hilda is beautiful, Hilda is wild and Hilda is an android. So maybe i find the truth.
    That clip is just...mesmerizing. O_O But how would you explain Hilda and Yolda's relationship? Oh no, now I'm thinking Hilda is v.1 and Yolda is v.2....

This makes so much sense. I mean, it makes A LOT of sense. I mean, Tomapochi turned out to be an artifical demon, so maybe Hilda and Yolda are ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm feeling the same but not just on this recent chapter. IMO, Hilda has more "serious" tone post-Amnesia arc. She is more focused toward her goal to gain retainer as much as possible and rarely talks about anything besides that. Lately, her roles are kinda marginalized (ok, bad choice of word) by Tamura compared to pre-Amnesia where she became the main heroine for almost every arc. Maybe that's the reason, I think.
    To be honest, I think its partly because Tamura wants to keep the status quo with certain things, and one of them is Oga and Hilda being on completely different sides of parenting Beel. As much as Hilda wants to follow whatever Beel wishes, there's still a large part of her that feels loyal to the Demon Lord. Heck, you could even say her more serious demeanor is also because she has her own interests in the painting, and maybe even Kugeyama himself (as a potential retainer).

But, I don't think its a regresison of her character. Real change comes slowly, after all. IDK, do you think she has some special relation to the painting that's making her be more focused than usual?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That clip is just...mesmerizing. O_O But how would you explain Hilda and Yolda's relationship? Oh no, now I'm thinking Hilda is v.1 and Yolda is v.2....

This makes so much sense. I mean, it makes A LOT of sense. I mean, Tomapochi turned out to be an artifical demon, so maybe Hilda and Yolda are ones too.
    You got it, that is Demon Kingz Demon Maid& Guardian Army also too see in that clip. They always coming more and more. I start do order this movie, good there are so much ways here to get this kind of movies.

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I think its partly because Tamura wants to keep the status quo with certain things, and one of them is Oga and Hilda being on completely different sides of parenting Beel. As much as Hilda wants to follow whatever Beel wishes, there's still a large part of her that feels loyal to the Demon Lord. Heck, you could even say her more serious demeanor is also because she has her own interests in the painting, and maybe even Kugeyama himself (as a potential retainer).

But, I don't think its a regresison of her character. Real change comes slowly, after all. IDK, do you think she has some special relation to the painting that's making her be more focused than usual?
    Honestly, I'd say that the reason behind her focused attitude is simply because she's loyal to the Demon Lord. Since the order to seizure the painting was directly requested by the Demon Lord, I don't see the reason why she won't get focused when conducting her duty. She is his servant too, after all.

Real change of Hilda? I've been waiting for that since a long time ago lol and that's my only wish for her character development, to be honest. And I agree with what you said, perhaps Tamura wants to prolong this platonic-relationship-in-raising-a-baby until the end. So until then, I doubt real change would happen to Hilda soon.

My bad, I think the word "marginalized" is too extreme to describe my feeling of Hilda's role recently. I don't know how to convey it correctly, but I just get this feeling where Hilda's role is more into the background compared to pre-Amnesia where she got more action scenes. I'm hoping that her character and focus are becoming less and less rigid as the story goes. (by "rigid" I'm trying to say that, same word appears in her dialogue for every arc (*cough* "retainers" *cough*)
    Last edited by Doraku; July 14, 2012 at 09:06 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Real change of Hilda? I've been waiting for that since a long time ago lol and that's my only wish for her character development, to be honest. And I agree with what you said, perhaps Tamura wants to prolong this platonic-relationship-in-raising-a-baby until the end. So until then, I doubt real change would happen to Hilda soon.

My bad, I think the word "marginalized" is too extreme to describe my feeling of Hilda's role recently. I don't know how to convey it correctly, but I just get this feeling where Hilda's role is more into the background compared to pre-Amnesia where she got more action scenes. I'm hoping that her character and focus are becoming less and less rigid as the story goes. (by "rigid" I'm trying to say that, same word appears in her dialogue for every arc (*cough* "retainers" *cough*)
    But how should Hilda should switch??? I mean for Hilda, Master are anything. But Human relationship sometimes really strange. So i didn´t see there a possible change so soon. I think this change will coming in the end of Beelzebub, when it comes to destroy the humanity. Hilda always acting like a mother, proctect Master from any anger and problem and treat him like her own.

And i didn´t the Hilda so far in the Background. Hilda got more to say, then Aoi, Kanzaki, Toujou or someone else. The Fact that she is one of the 4-5 Main Characters. So she got more to say then anybody else. Like "move your ass" "Why you so damn poor, make some Money" "why you so dump" "This place is trash" and going on. Hilda has always her Time when it comes to Beel.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

But how should Hilda should switch??? I mean for Hilda, Master are anything. But Human relationship sometimes really strange. So i didn´t see there a possible change so soon. I think this change will coming in the end of Beelzebub, when it comes to destroy the humanity. Hilda always acting like a mother, proctect Master from any anger and problem and treat him like her own.

And i didn´t the Hilda so far in the Background. Hilda got more to say, then Aoi, Kanzaki, Toujou or someone else. The Fact that she is one of the 4-5 Main Characters. So she got more to say then anybody else. Like "move your ass" "Why you so damn poor, make some Money" "why you so dump" "This place is trash" and going on. Hilda has always her Time when it comes to Beel.
    I didn't mean "change" drastically and in an instant. We got that kind of "change" during Amnesia arc, and it's more like usual gag stuff rather than actual character development. Another thing, I don't have any objection when Hilda is being loyal towards her master and her master's baby and I accept the fact that it's the core part of her character, thus, I wish it doesn't change until the end of the manga.

I think it's unfair to compare Hilda to Aoi, since both of them have different roles in the story, but to make my words easier, I want Hilda's personality changes gradually like Aoi does. ( It doesn't necessarily for Hilda to be lovey-dovey since it's so unnatural for her character).

Yes, previously we got Oga (& Beel), Furuichi, and Hilda appears in almost every arc, but I don't know, I just have this feeling that her roles recently are limited & kinda repetitive into making acerbic remarks just like what you have said. I just want her to get the spotlight like she used to have before Amnesia (i.e. when she and Yolda were captivated). I hope this San Marx arc won't disappoint me.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast