Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: An Atypical Manga Writer

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xchainlinkx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An Atypical Manga Writer

In typical anime and mangas, there's always a single, pointed-out hero and villain (which is true for most action stories as well.) I think that's perfectly fine, but it just seems a bit overdone. This is where I come in. Instead of blaming individuals, I tend to look at society as a whole, looking at the environment said villain is put up through that the heroes tend to forget. Protagonists like Naruto or Ichigo Kurosaki only take care of the initial threat and never look long term, tending to put a diluted value system in place that if you just address the initial problem it will go away forever...which actually reoccurs over and over again....anyways just my 2 cents...

*Ahem* Good day ladies and gents. You may refer to me as Chain for short. My nickname derives from my many years of playing video games. You could've seen me on games such as Team Fortress 2 or Counterstrike as -(c)-(h)-(a)-(i)-(n)-.

Nevertheless, since I was 16 I've envisioned myself to become a manga writer. I am currently working on my own to develop my own series, though with the environmental conditioning, the progress isn't as efficient as I hoped to be. I could delve into what my manga is about, but I'd rather save it for another time, since it's a rather long, complicated conspiracy story. I am both writing and drawing it out, though I would rather collaborate with an experienced artist to alleviate the work load. If anyone is interested please don't hesitate to ask. I may make another thread about my manga idea since it is such a complicated story.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Atypical Manga Writer

Welcome to MH!

Looks like you've spent quite some time thinking and researching comic story telling. Do you have a favorite mangaka or manga? Something were you especially enjoy the script and the characters?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Welcome to MH!

Looks like you've spent quite some time thinking and researching comic story telling. Do you have a favorite mangaka or manga? Something were you especially enjoy the script and the characters?
    Hey there. Any initial inspiration from manga comes from Tite Kubo's "Bleach" series for the most part. Like how he implements different squads of powerful people together, the 14 court guard squads. Though it seems a bit...I don't know...out of place to have to wait for the main protagonist to come in and save the day. But I can't really declare one I would prefer over all others.
    Most of my inspiration comes from outside the realms of manga and anime though. I'm inspired by video games for the styles of fighting I'm aiming for, whether it would be first person shooters or MMOs. Particularly how your avatar in the games respawn, it gave me good ideas how to make a war story with a sci-fy/fantasy setting where people can be resurrected under certain circumstances.The story I have in mind derives from the more political realm with my activism, but Full Metal Alchemist did give me some good ideas too regarding conspiracies in governments.

I didn't do much harsh studying when it comes to manga/anime, but it's just blatant observation that I just note down in my head regarding such battle stories.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

chainchainchainchainchainchainchain...

Anyway.. welcome to MH.
    It's really great, you know, to aspire as a writer. I envy you somehow.
    Nice to meet ya!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    chainchainchainchainchainchainchain...

Anyway.. welcome to MH.
    It's really great, you know, to aspire as a writer. I envy you somehow.
    Nice to meet ya!
    Heh..it's more of a curse than anything...It's just this story in my mind I feel that just HAS to be made to the public. Still struggling to get into the habit of drawing more so I don't have to worry about finding an artist.
    But thanks, and nice to meet ya too.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to mh ~~~ glad to have you here.

It seems there is a trend in writers and amateur artists joining recently. If you have not seen the following sections, please check them out.

Art Contest - art contest has a creative writing theme that you'll like. It is a monthly contest, give it a try if you're up for it.

Amateur Manga - as the names says, its amateur work. check out the work from others.

Fanfics and Stories - same for this one as well, as the name implies.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there ! Welcome to MH i hope u have a great time here visit fun forum if u ever bored ~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I'll be sure to look into those threads when I find the time.

Edit: Also new signature that links to my deviantart page

New Reply