Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kunieda Aoi

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kunieda Aoi

I updated the thread with BlackHawk's info on Aoi. Now that Beelzebub is currently more Aoi focused, lets discuss!

What can I say, a lot about her we sort of already figured, but back then when she was first introduced it would have been important to know. She indeed has a strong sense of justice and responsibility, and while this can make her a pacifist at times, its because she doesn't want to be a bully.

>>Doesn't like cowards

Ouch, I guess Furuichi x Aoi is never going to happen.

>>Aoi was shoved into training at the dojo at a small age

Well if that isn't blatant foreshadowing. I don't think her past is angsty or anything, but its important to note she's the only one out of the whole cast who's parents are important to the storyline. It shows even from her first appearance: Why is it that Aoi has to take care of Kouta, when she probably has parents that should do so?

And now to the current storyline: What do you think about Aoi's more straight-forward approach in the most recent chapter? xD

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    And now to the current storyline: What do you think about Aoi's more straight-forward approach in the most recent chapter? xD
    I like her more than before. Her character develops the most in Beelzebub and the least subtle one, even though at slow pace. I'm glad that Aiba didn't become a bad influence for her, instead he made her realize that if you want your feelings to be acknowledged by the person you like, at least you have to do something. I hope in the end we'll see her confessing

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked how Aiba made Aoi develop. What I LOVED about the whole arc was that it wasn't really Oga-focused, despite it being about Aoi and her feelings for him.

To me, what Aoi gained out of Aiba was to be more confident in her feelings, period. It could have been easy for Tamura to make Oga do something super awesome, and for Aoi to accept that he was so cool she had to love him in return. Instead, Aoi understands that regardless who she's in love with, even if its a brick-headed gamer deliquent, you can be a little proud about it. It's a lot more realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I hope in the end we'll see her confessing
    Sometimes I feel like in manga, a love confession is very much the final word. Like, once you say it you can't go back or change your mind (not that I'm expecting that from Aoi). It would be fitting for her to do it at the end of the manga, though.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No i think it will be too late. My predict is that Aoi confess her love in the next 2 Arcs. First Step was the recognise at the Ishiyama when he defeat everyone and get hit by Aoi by a mistake. Never get her angry, the only Oga wants she had to take Beel. Then both become class speaker and the awesome match point oga do in the Volleyball match. During that match she tells hilda what she things about him. When Yolda try to Kiss Oga she get upset.Then we got the Training Arc, when Hilda get hurt. Aoi was impressed that Oga cares about his friends, in a other Way. At least she imaged that Aoi likes "someone" and take this one on a Date. What is not really a Date its about Kota and beel ahve some fun. XD Maybe i forgot some Points.
    But at this rate the first kiss cant let wait and the love confession.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think such story would happen in the next two arcs . It 's just too fast IMO and Aoi's personality would have to rapidly change, and It won't be natural anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba
    Sometimes I feel like in manga, a love confession is very much the final word. Like, once you say it you can't go back or change your mind (not that I'm expecting that from Aoi). It would be fitting for her to do it at the end of the manga, though.
    That's why I put the words " in the end", Teebie. Aoi's feeling is one of the main attraction of this manga in general, so I doubt the confession would come before the conclusion of this manga. Another reason, due to the nature of this manga as a gag manga makes me a little bit pessimistic that Aoi would confess someday. Maybe Aoi's confession is just my wishful thinking. I think Oga is already being super cool in Aoi's eyes when he saved her from Naga and friends, so to think that Oga is somehow attractive for Aoi is not weird ( Well, of course, who would think an idiot delinquent game addict liked by the school idol? ) .

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2