Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 1.64%
  • 2 (Boring)

5 4.10%
  • 3 (Regular)

12 9.84%
  • 4 (Good)

41 33.61%
  • 5 (Epic!)

62 50.82%
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 646 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 646 Discussion / 647 Prediction

"I hope it flips some skirts up, too." ---- LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Brook is THE fantastic perv!! And Franky has a Macross cannon (without his emporer battle franky). *_* Even though neither Nami nor Robin were impressed. o_O

I can't say why but to me Sanji, Jinbe, and Zoro ... were the underwhelming part of the finisher moves... Sanji has a fullbody diable-jambe now (something he had back in Thriller Bark when he went to rescue Nami from Pervsalom), Jinbe's move was working on larger scale - but the punch he dealed Moriah was more impressive, too. And Zoro renamed his old attack?

My favorite ones in this chapter are Brook and Franky.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    "I hope it flips some skirts up, too." ---- LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Brook is THE fantastic perv!! And Franky has a Macross cannon (without his emporer battle franky). *_* Even though neither Nami nor Robin were impressed. o_O

I can't say why but to me Sanji, Jinbe, and Zoro ... were the underwhelming part of the finisher moves... Sanji has a fullbody diable-jambe now (something he had back in Thriller Bark when he went to rescue Nami from Pervsalom), Jinbe's move was working on larger scale - but the punch he dealed Moriah was more impressive, too. And Zoro renamed his old attack?

My favorite ones in this chapter are Brook and Franky.
    If anything their moves are underwhelming because they aren't fighting against tough opponents, it's no surprise considering they're strength. It's the first time Sanji's burnt something to that scale though, that's why it was my favorite attack of the chapter (followed by Franky's and Brooks).

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda dissapointed in the lack of awesome Robin and Nami spreads,but this chapter was epic nonetheless.Oda is finally wrapping things up.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda really loves to point out the awesomeness of Zoro doesn't he? I mean the title of the chapter refers exactly to his part in it. IN previous chapters Oda sure did portray him as totally epic after the time skip, is he making up for the near-death situation at both Shabody and Thriller Bark?

Zoro was not the spotlight as I said, though he always gets last pages, this dates back to Shabody in the chapters right after the time skip, it was then that Oda showed Zoro for the first time in an epic panes with him cutting the ship in two and crushing the dreams of the pirates, however this does take away from Zoro in a battle sense, but I guess he will just have to fight stronger opponents like the likes of Shiryu and the fights with him will be great.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like
    although the SH could have defeated their opponents sooner and faster,I liked oda used that way to beat the NFP,in order to show their new moves and to make beautiful drawings

then is that (giant form)the only form of chopper which needs a rumble ball?
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 16, 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LAAAAZZERR BBEEEAAMM?!!! (dazzle) Boi I thought Oda surprise us with the mecha robot but this top it off. Like someone said earlier how did franky get the PX light beam from Vegapunk's old outdated blue print from his home town? Didn't it said that he duplicated Kizaru's light beam into the Pastafista? We don't even know how old Vagapunk is yet? if those outdated blue prints was made when he was younger while kizaru (has the light fruit) was a vice admiral for the marine at the time, then maybe. Or could he actually see the future? Right now all bets are off. lol.

Love is like a hurricane.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. And didn't someone say Vegapunk had to study Kizaru's devil fruit to develop laser weapons?

But then the ridiculously overpowered wave motion cannon thing that fires out of the front of the Sunny looks pretty much like a laser beam too.. I just assumed he was using lost technology from the Pluton blueprints. May be another reason why the Govt were trying to get their hands on the ship during the timeskip.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this chapter, the double-spreads were great. Disappointed that we didn't get to see Nami or Robin, but I guess they were only fighting fodder anyway. There's a whole new world of fights to see what they can do.

For me, the highlights were Brook and Usopp. I loved Brook's serious face, he can look REALLY scary when he wants to. And his words about the winds in hell freezing blood. AWESOME. Usopp's attack was brilliant, impact wolf might be my new favorite move.

I agree with others who say that Sanji was a little underwhelming. I look forward to seeing more of him in a serious fight. Also, I'm almost convinced that Jinbe will join, he was right at home with the crew in this and for a moment I almost forgot he wasn't a SH.

But my favorite move...Chopper doing his happy dance in Monster form. Loved it. All in all, a solid chapter for me. We needed a chapter of pure action I think.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

about zoro's move,I am not so disappointed,but I thought his new move would be something better,of course that is not a new move,but to defeat hyozu he could just move a finger XD .Ithink oda did that to make good drawings.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@Josef K

If I'm not mistaken Zoro is Oda's favourite and has always enjoyed epic scenes and battles more or less because of that.

Anyway, even though this chapter wasn't that fulfilling it brought an end to things, at last. Brooke and Ussop were the best parts, in my opinion. Ussop has clearly changed styele to something unique, fun and versatile, while Brooke has finally gotten his own identity to shine on.. es, he had the music but this is so much better and it origins from his fruit.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished reading it! BADASS all around!!

Loved both Sanji, Jinbe, an Zoro's finishing attacks!!
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I must say none of these attacks took me by surprise. Everything was within my own expectations, except Brooks, but his skill was already mentioned in a previous chapter, so no "wow epic" effect for me. Even though this chapter was just about double page+wow effect+art, Im not that much overwhelmed as I expected to be after reading the spoiler. Infact after reading my first though was "this could have happened like 5 chapters ago".

But Im glad that we are now over with the NFP. Only Noha and some open questions remains in this arc. Looking forward to those questions. Everything else in this arc is uninteresting for me.

At first I thought the reason Sanji was making the balloon villain blowing himself up was to relate him with Noha, but it turned out to be just comedic, or was there any kind of Japanese mythology involved?
    Like you said there is no much surprise concerning the attacks, but the form is there. I certainly did not expect a double spread chapter.
    Also if Oda had not lasted time building the fight and rushing directly to a one hit KO I'm not sure it would have the same impact.

As for the mythology I don't know in Japan, but in France we have a very famous poem The Frog and the Ox from Lafontaine which may have inspired Oda.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe jimbei is going to be the next SH. Thus, does that mean sanji luffy and zoro are already stronger than him? If that is the case......HOLY CRAP SH'S ARE EPICALLY STRONG!!!!

Franky's beam is just too sick, as soon as that happened i should've been in one of those panels doing what chopper and ussop did when they were dazzled.LOL!!!(it would have been funny if they had a small panel of luffy popping his head and have stars coming out of his eyes) And i laughed my ass off when all sanji does is refer back to, what kind of hell he went through. Damn, what did the okama's do to him????

Good chapter, art wise. And as some people mentioned, this could've ended a few chapters ago. All is forgiven though!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    about zoro's move,I am not so disappointed,but I thought his new move would be something better,of course that is not a new move,but to defeat hyozu he could just move a finger XD .Ithink oda did that to make good drawings.
    It was more of a symbolic fight than to show off Zoro’s new moves.
    Because I can’t read Japanese I’m not sure which phrase Mihawk used when he fought Zoro for the first time but the meaning at least is the same. When he first fought him, Mihawk said that being the strongest in the East Blue means absolutely nothing and that he hasn’t seen the world and uses a little dagger to fight Zoro.
    Pretty much the same thing happened now but with Zoro doing it. Hyouzou calling himself the strongest and Zoro calling him a “Frog”. Being the strongest fighter on Fishman Island means nothing.
    Zoro using his old “basic” finisher just shows that off better.

19. Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    It was more of a symbolic fight than to show off Zoro’s new moves.
    Because I can’t read Japanese I’m not sure which phrase Mihawk used when he fought Zoro for the first time but the meaning at least is the same. When he first fought him, Mihawk said that being the strongest in the East Blue means absolutely nothing and that he hasn’t seen the world and uses a little dagger to fight Zoro.
    Pretty much the same thing happened now but with Zoro doing it. Hyouzou calling himself the strongest and Zoro calling him a “Frog”. Being the strongest fighter on Fishman Island means nothing.
    Zoro using his old “basic” finisher just shows that off better.
    This can actually be true, cause I remember in the dutch translation of the manga (which I have), Mihawk indeed called Zoro a frog.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast