Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 324 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 324 Spoiler Thread

You know, I wouldn't call Zoldycks senseless until I actually read the chapter. Spoilers always grasp nothing of the chapter actually, and I'm amazed there is nothing on the elections.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    You know, I wouldn't call Zoldycks senseless until I actually read the chapter. Spoilers always grasp nothing of the chapter actually, and I'm amazed there is nothing on the elections.
    For the election it's not the first time whoever writes the 'Next week..." caption has been burned by Togashi before. I'm pretty sure those guys just go by logic, i.e. if A fights B they'll put 'next week, A continues to fight B', which is correct for 99% of the manga but not HXH, and don't actually know what's going to happen enxt week.

Although spoilers don't tell you everything without the context of the picture, from the pics and the whole 'surveilence level 4/5' cannot be anything other than a threat of force. However a threat of force is completely meaningless if you attempt to use it against Alluka unless you're trying to kill her immediately since her power can defeat any kind of force. This isn't even counting whatever extra rules Killua knows about that he hasn't revealed. The Zs are understandably scared, but trying use force against a being like Alluka cannot possibly work unless you killed her immediately, and since Alluka made out of the mountain it's too late to resort to force now.

We can infer the Z family doesn't think attempting to kill your family as anything unusual, and might even view it as a sign of strength, and a lot of them mistakenly believe Killua is like rest of the family. Yes as the reader we know Killua is probably not going to kill his family, but from the Z family's point of view they don't know that. It's not just the fact the Z family threats can't possibly work for the sake of the story. If you can somehow subdue Alluka with just two extremely powerful butlers (but still must be weaker than the powerful Zs), Alluka's power wouldn't be something the Z family fears for their survival. If Killua was actually plotting something against his family, even if you have Maha, Zeno, Silva, and Ilumi watching him, I'd still say there's a 99% chance Killua will win. He can already kill every single family member with the first wish while inside the room with Alluka and nobody could've done anything about it, and Killua demonstrated with the first wish that he is willing to kill them to get the job done.

You're not going to outmanuever the guy who has the dragonballs with force. It's questionable whether you can win at all against these odds, but force is certainly not enough. The only legitmate way to keep Killua in check would be if Ilumi is currently disguised as Carnalia or someone else, that way he might actually be able to strike without noticing. You can have the top 5 aura users in the world and they'd still stand no chance against a wish.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I gather of the translated spoiler, Killua made a wish and it was granted correct? So the issue here is that the Z family made the butlers follow him. Right now the Killua-Alluka team is in a vulnerable position no? Even with Alluka's godlike ability, s/he right now is in a "neutral" state. In order for Killua to make any other threatening wish such as "Kill anyone that follows us", he'll have to fulfill 3 other wishes. During that time, the butlers and/or the Z family have plenty of time to subdue them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xblkdrag0nx View Post
    From what I gather of the translated spoiler, Killua made a wish and it was granted correct? So the issue here is that the Z family made the butlers follow him. Right now the Killua-Alluka team is in a vulnerable position no? Even with Alluka's godlike ability, s/he right now is in a "neutral" state. In order for Killua to make any other threatening wish such as "Kill anyone that follows us", he'll have to fulfill 3 other wishes. During that time, the butlers and/or the Z family have plenty of time to subdue them.
    First of all we don't actually know if Killua made the first wish yet. There seems to be some indication that he actually faked a wish to just coerce the rest of the family to let him go, and that the requests are actually for the computer. According to the spoilers, the stuff Killua did was of trivial value (pat Alluka on the head) and did not seem to match the PC. One of the later quest (fingernail, presumably that means all of it) sounds more inline for such a request as that's not life threatening but clearly pretty painful. At any rate we do know that Alluka is currently in demand mode (needs 2 more requests fulfilled).

However, the first wish, whether it's real or not, shows Killua is willing to play hardball (let us go or someone dies here). Since he took Alluka with him, it's implied he'll also get another wish at some point (otherwise why even leave with Alluka to begin with). If you assume it is absolutely impossible to react to someone saying like "Kill all these guys", then the Z family has to be extremely worried about the second wish. We can't even rule out if Killua is willing to kill the rest of his family to save Alluka outright (unlikely, but certainly not impossible) from the reader's point of view. From the Z family point of view, they obviously don't know Killua is really a good guy who pretty much doesn't believe in killing anymore. It's reasonable that the Zs would want to keep a close eye on Killua, but stuff like the level 4/5 surveilence stuff is a threat of force. If Killua really wanted to defy his family, he can simply play along until he gets his wish, and then just wish for the deaths of all those against him.

Ultimately, at some point, either Killua or someone else is going to make a wish with Alluka at the rate things are going. It makes no sense to threaten a guy who will eventually get to a wish with arbitrary power. Note that if the plan is to not give Killua his wish, the entire Z family should've just immediately sent everone to take Alluka back after the 30 minutes is up.

Now in reality the Z family plan will work because Killua is probably not going to make a wish like "kill the rest of the family' no matter how much they provoke him unless Carnalia or the head butler dies (if Alluka dies there's no wishing period). But this is not something the Z family knows about. It's something that is only obvious to the reader. If the Z family wanted to make a move, they should've done it after confirming Alluka was in request mode (since no new wishes can be made). By the time Alluka goes back to wish mode, they'd be completely powerless to stop anything Killua is planning if he was actually trying to fight his family.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

hahahahaha what the hell is that thing?!

look like an older version of biscuit...or some kind of travestite geezer lol...

anyway.. in HxH world..you cant be fooled..by appearances.. so it must be strong..

seems killua made it....so kykyo is safe for now...

would be so ironic..if she dies cause Alluka ?

she kill like 6 people. or more.. .just testing Alluka powers...

btw...r you wondering.. why all servants r youngs?

cause they die before get old...except for the..doorman guy..but he is outside the house...

but this thing is truly old...so she must have survived a shitload of dangers
    Last edited by Federicoxxx; November 09, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fat one is supposed to be the most powerful of the servents.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Killua said now he remembered why he's afraid of really old woman (aka Biscuet).

Not sure if this part is real or not, but someone said the fat servent can open all 7 doors at the gate...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 324 Spoiler Thread

Regardless if Killua faked his wish, the family might've assumed Alluka granted it. If not, why would they let him leave the mountain? If they do assume that Alluka granted his wish then right now they might think Alluka's nen ability is negated for a while. Also, Silva might understand Killua more than we think. Why else would he let Killua meet Alluka in the first place to save Gon? If Silva does understand Killua, it might also be safe to assume that Killua would not risk wish for a hard to fulfill wish like the death of someone. This might in fact make the future 'pesterings' of Alluka harder to fulfill which would in turn either delay Gon's recovery or Gon's death (since he hangs out with Killua the most). However, that is not to say Killua making a simpler wish like, "I wish for no one to follow us" or something along that line. But I don't see how that can be constituted as dangerous. It might be also safe to assume that they don't have to worry about a wish being granted after Gon is healed since the pesterings after that wish must be hard to fulfill (depending how Killua goes about the wish).

I actually don't quite understand the spoilers at this point. I was under the assumption that the two gorilla looking servants were to keep Killua under surveillance to not doing anything drastic but it's not like they're preventing him from reaching Gon. This should not be much of a 'threat' in Killua's eyes then if his goal is to heal Gon. However, the previous spoiler said that a servant fulfilled one of Alluka's request and ran away? Okay...so does that mean 1 )Alluka is currently in 'demand' mode after Killua's wish or 2) The family realized he faked the first wish and now Alluka is unable to grant wishes so long as the servant keeps his distance? Either case, that puts Killua at a disadvantage if his idea was to use Alluka as a leverage in escaping or so the Z family may think. Killua mentioned that he can still command(?) in this situation?

Note that I used a lot of "if"s here. Much of this is speculation until the scanlation. With all these fake spoilers mixed in with the few tidbit of true information, everything is so confusing :|
    Last edited by xblkdrag0nx; November 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we don't know if the first wish was faked. The fingernail request could be for either the wish to leave the mountain in 30 minutes, or the wish for the PC. Some people think the wish is faked because the criterias look too trivial for the PC wish (pat Alluka on the head). But if the wish was faked, that'd mean the fulfillment part is just an act. Either way, Alluka is still in demand mode.

The servent fulfilled one of the demand (give fingernails) and then disappeared, saying that Alluka is now locked onto her so as long as she stays away, Alluka cannot make more demands and also cannot make more wishes. This seems to be an extremely cheesy way to deal with Alluka's power (run away). At this point we don't know if the strategy will work, but it's pretty clear the plan is use that to make sure Killua can't use the wish or the demands to lose the servents.

Silva probably understands Killua reasonably well, but it seems like the Z family bought the bluff that Killua was going to kill one of them (via the wish) if they didn't let him go, because the family was opposed to let Alluka leave the house at all. So I don't think the Z family can say for sure that Killua definitely will not use the wish against them. All this surveilence seems to be playing with fire if the Z family legitmately believe Killua might fight back, even though as the reader we're pretty sure it won't happen.

For the meeting, presumably Silva assumes Killua will just wish to cure Gon inside the room, which is dangerous (due to the fulfillment later) but still manageable (can always attempt to kill Alluka if it looks like you can't fulfill it). But Killua revealed that Alluka has to physically touch the object to heal them and the family is not okay with the idea of Alluka leaving the house for obvious reasons. At this point Killua wished (real or faked, doesn't really matter) that he and Alluka would leave the mountain within 30 minutes or otherwise his mother dies. This forces the Z family to let him go since they don't want to risk it.

The servents are their to keep watch on Killua. If he doesn't obey the rules (can't leave Alluka, can't tell anyone about Alluka's ability) it's going to go to level 5 where pretty much every Z is going to come out and hunt him down. While that sounds intimidating, it's really stupid. If you're Killua and you're actually trying to fight back against the family, why do you care if they're at a level 4 or level 5 or level 5000 surveilience level when as soon as you get a wish, you can get rid of any opposition? Yes this is why one of the servent fulfilled one request and then disappeared (thus preventing the cycle from being completed), but at some point they still have to give the control of the wish back to Killua. Again, if you genuinely believe Killua would turn on you, then you'd be totally dead the moment he gets the wish back and if anything all this tough talk is more likely to make him fight back.

Killua didn't say he has command of the situation. He said while he doesn't have the wish, he still has *the* command. We're not supposed to know what it means, but it sounds like there's more about Alluka's ability that only he knows. It's pretty clear that Killua knows far more about how Alluka's ability works than anyone else, and therefore I just don't see why the Z family would even try to threaten him when he could very well just reveal some rule that kills them all.
    Last edited by Phantron; November 10, 2011 at 01:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    more pics out

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Who are the 2 on the far right visiting Gon?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Who are the 2 on the far right visiting Gon?
    game designers of greed island.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious what's going to happen to Hisoka trying to take out Alluka if Killua can't handle a demand. Is he supposed to sneak in on a box through all these guys? Fight his way through 10+ very powerful users, some of them as powerful or arguably more powerful than himself? Disguise as one of those random guys with Ilumi's help? Just walk in and say I'm here to visit Gon too, don't mind me?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ksfst's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

We are not going to have another hiatus, right guys? I'm asking cause this pic http://www.imagebam.com/image/b709a3158459928 left me worried, anyone would mind to give a rough translation? God, HxH's the only weekly manga I read that's actually entertaining me lately, a hiatus right now would be even more painful then the others
    Black Stones

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksfst View Post
    We are not going to have another hiatus, right guys? I'm asking cause this pic http://www.imagebam.com/image/b709a3158459928 left me worried, anyone would mind to give a rough translation? God, HxH's the only weekly manga I read that's actually entertaining me lately, a hiatus right now would be even more painful then the others
    Thats a good question and I also thinking about the picture. I hope it isn´t about the Hiatus.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eloah's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "I' want to become a mangaka like Kawano Koichirou. Yeah, I know he is no mangaka."

Kawano is a professional golfer. I didn't know Togashi likes golf.
    A raw translation from somebody I saw in other Hunter X Hunter forum, I hope it is true. As long as it's not hiatus then it's fine
    I'm not ok. You're not ok. But as long as we're ok then It's ok

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast