Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 324 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 324 / 325 Discussion

I really do wonder exactly how strong the old lady is. Killua has a big problem here and the whole level 4 thing will be a blessing and a curse. The main problem is that he will be largely incomunicated with his friends. Being able to communicate with novu would enable him to instantly get to where gon is. The blessing will be that he won't be alone to deal with what is to come. Killua will have to evade the grasp of illumi and hisoka while protecting his little sister which won't be a small feat, specially if illumi indeed is at the level or above the zodiac. The old lady will be a key factor here. If the zoldycks do keep butlers who are essentially high level nen users then the old woman would actually make the difference between them getting there alive and not doing it at all.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I really do wonder exactly how strong the old lady is. Killua has a big problem here and the whole level 4 thing will be a blessing and a curse. The main problem is that he will be largely incomunicated with his friends. Being able to communicate with novu would enable him to instantly get to where gon is. The blessing will be that he won't be alone to deal with what is to come. Killua will have to evade the grasp of illumi and hisoka while protecting his little sister which won't be a small feat, specially if illumi indeed is at the level or above the zodiac. The old lady will be a key factor here. If the zoldycks do keep butlers who are essentially high level nen users then the old woman would actually make the difference between them getting there alive and not doing it at all.
    Hisoka wasn't supposed to even do anything until after Killua made his wish. Then again, I'm not sure any part of Ilumi's plan is going as planned so it could be a pretty chaotic mess right now.

I got the feeling Killua means 'can't handle' in the sense like if some kids was pulling your hair out you'd say you can't handle kids, not because these kids will beat you up if you tried to fight back. There's no doubt Tsubone is very strong but I got the feeling Killua is supposed to be the privileged child who always had things his way and Tsubone would be the only one who dares to spank him. It wouldn't have anything to do with relative power. For example we can infer Killua always had things way when it comes to dealing with Silva/Zeno, but not when dealing with Tsubone. It'd make no sense if the butler is stronger than either of the two.

As an aside, I think the level 4 survilence thing is inherently impossible to fulfill. Suppose Killua got to Gon completely safely and is in an isolated room with just Gon. You'd have one of those 3 scenarios:

1. Wish Gon to be cured, and let's say miraculously got picked immediately for request again. And then Gon will probably be like, "Why is your sister asking for a rock from the moon (or some other impossible thing)?" and Killua will be like, "Don't worry about it, I'm booking a flight on a rocket, btw!"

2. Wish Gon to be cured, Gon gets the requests, and then Killua will be forced to tell Gon what Alluka's power is unless he wants to die immediately. Note that if Gon was doing the pestering, all of the Zs so far minus Silva, Miluki, and Maha would die too (Gon has met everyone else).

3. Convince some random guy who is already there to wish for Gon's recovery, without that guy realizing what Alluka's power is.

None of these are remotely plausible. I think it's just a matter of time before Killua has to break those surveilence rules. The question is how early.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Actually Silva and Killua illustrates the opposite of what 'handle' means. It's clear Silva cannot handle Killua and it's got nothing to do with ability or even intelligence. Can you imagine any of the other sons walk up to Silva and say, "Hey Dad, I was thinking about using Alluka for (some really powerful thing)?" Silva was angry that Miluki used it for a PC! But Killua can do it because you can say Silva can't handle him. I think Tsubone's case would be a reverse of that. Now, anybody who dares to stand up to Killua can't be very weak in the Z family (unless they're suicidal), but I'm sure Killua is afraid of Tsubone not because she's stronger than Silva, whom Killua has shown no fear whatsoever.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Well, if you recall killua actually went to ask for permission to use alluka. It is only because killua new more about alluka that things got out of hand. And silva ultimately does have control of killua right now, if he wanted to he could have stopped him from leaving the house. Remember how the old woman disappeared after alluka started pestering and she left? She works solely for silva. Right now silva has killua by his balls. One more turn and thats it for him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ^Well, if you recall killua actually went to ask for permission to use alluka. It is only because killua new more about alluka that things got out of hand. And silva ultimately does have control of killua right now, if he wanted to he could have stopped him from leaving the house. Remember how the old woman disappeared after alluka started pestering and she left? She works solely for silva. Right now silva has killua by his balls. One more turn and thats it for him.
    I think if it was any other of Silva's children asking to do anything with Alluka, they'd have their face rearranged immediately, including Ilumi. None of them would ever get to the negotiation stage especially for a wish that can easily wipe out the whole family.

Silva couldn't have stopped Killua unless he was going to risk getting his wife killed. He could have send a bunch of guys following him and then immediately grab Killua back after 30 minutes is up, but then he'd risk Killua playing hardball if he simply refuse to leave.

The 'bad cop' character generally is still loyal to the characters involved. It's not like Tsubone is on some kind of power trip to show how awesome she is to the future leader of the Z family unless she's suicidal. It looks like she certainly is pretty nice to Alluka. We know Silva isn't trying to stop Killua from getting to Gon (otherwise they should've immediately chased after him after the 30 minutes are up). It's hard to fathom Killua just go up to random guy and say, "my sister has this totally awesome power!' and get into trouble, so why did Silva sent his most powerful servent, and Killua said getting to Gon is the hard part if Silva has no plan on stopping him? I think both Killua and Silva are aware that Ilumi is going to try to do something. I don't think Silva's taking sides here but he wants to make sure it doesn't get out of hand either way. Otherwise it's hard to imagine what kind of threat that can possibly give even Killua + Gotoh + Canary trouble. It's not like anyone else knows about Alluka's power and would be planning an ambush.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I'll rule out the possibilty of say some powerful enemy of the Z was lurking outside, because in that case Silva should've just say, "Son, some powerful guys are waiting to ambush us and I can't risk any of you get killed/kidnapped" and assuming this is true, there's no reason stopping him or anyone else from tagging along to dispose any potential enemies. Any opposition Killua might face would have to come from his own family, and we already know it's not from Silva (he can certainly take Killua back if he went back on his word). I think Tsubone's presence is a message from Silva to both Killua and Ilumi, that although he's not taking a side, they better not overdo it or they'll face his wrath.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Killua isn't like his brothers. He has scruples. And Silva is no fool, he knows that. Thus, he knows he can trust Killua in a way he cannot trust the others. He's glad his sons can take advantage of situations, as it is good for them. But he can't trust them at the same time.

I feel like he's concerned for Killua, as if he was foolish for being like he is, but differently from the others, he seems somewhat proud of him being this way.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that the thing nobody can predict is what Isoka will do... He as a deep understanding of nen complexity, so he sure is more than aware that killing Aluka after Iruka's wish will certainly endup with a cataclysm ( nen becoming more powerfull in certain cases after death ) cant wait to see him in action again

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We're still undecided about Alluka ability coming from Nen, right? Should I make a poll about it?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    We're still undecided about Alluka ability coming from Nen, right? Should I make a poll about it?
    What do you want it to be ?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There is something which I get the impression that has not been discussed yet.
    http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/76466254/20

I think this at least heavily points to another rule regarding alluka of which the rest is not aware off. But how would giving an order work and how would it be different from making a wish? Perhaps both of them are in principle the same thing with the major change being in the pesterings. If with a wish you get to decline the pesterings, with an order you do not get a chance too. In this regard perhaps instead of alluka pestering we will see aluka giving orders which the user cannot refuse else the requester dies. It would be a lot more dangerous than wishing though.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe "Command" works different in the sense that you have to prove first being worth of the command and the wish is the opposite. Don't know if I'm being clear with it, but maybe the command allows Killua to "pay" himself the price without wishing twice.

Zellogan: Some say that could be a different kind of ability. Something demonic or something completely different than Nen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys! "Give an order" refers to Tsubome's confirmation that Alluka will obey her big-brother!

He can't wish, but he's still the one in charge! Don't forget that all butlers are still to obey the Zoldycks, and he's still one! Regardless of being under watch, he's still the one commanding the operation. Namely: everything that doesn't disobey his family's rules.

He can tell them where to go, when, and how. As long as he respects level 4, he'll be the one giving the orders, and butlers will only have room to act if he crosses that line. Imho, he's referring to the loss of ability to use Alluka's wishes, but how he's still left in a favorable position.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; November 15, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Guys! "Give an order" refers to Tsubome's confirmation that Alluka will obey her big-brother!

He can't wish, but he's still the one in charge! Don't forget that all butlers are still to obey the Zoldycks, and he's still one! Regardless of being under watch, he's still the one commanding the operation. Namely: everything that doesn't disobey his family's rules.

He can tell them where to go, when, and how. As long as he respects level 4, he'll be the one giving the orders, and butlers will only have room to act if he crosses that line. Imho, he's referring to the loss of ability to use Alluka's wishes, but how he's still left in a favorable position.
    I don't think that would make much sense contextually. As we have seen when alluka is pestering no one can make a wish, the previos pestering would necessarily have to be completed before. Killua was placed by the old woman in a position in which he could not wish (he could have wished for the butlers to stay away from them or die for instance). Now, he specifically said that even if he cannot wish he can still "give an order". In this regard the whole "order" thing is clearly, plainly and contextually something to use instead of a wish. More so, killua is by no means in any form of favorable condition if the order thing is not related to alluka. He cannot communicate with his friends who could be incredibly useful in getting to where gon is and if the old woman deems it she will bitchslap killua and take him home. The only reason the whole situation is "ok" is because he knows more about alluka than anyone else and he can give her an order.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lobo971 View Post
    i think that the thing nobody can predict is what Isoka will do... He as a deep understanding of nen complexity, so he sure is more than aware that killing Aluka after Iruka's wish will certainly endup with a cataclysm ( nen becoming more powerfull in certain cases after death ) cant wait to see him in action again
    The problem here is that it is certain Hisoka will die if Killua failed the pesterings, so in light of this things cannot possibly go any worse. It's true things may actually go worse, but from Hisoka's point of view, if you assume there isn't a 'fate worse than death', then he's got nothing to lose by trying.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

The 'command' is another aspect of Alluka's ability.

Remember, it is nanika who makes the requests (Killua said he lost the opportnity to wsih because he can't predict when nanika will pester). Yet nanika calls Killua as "Killua", not 'big brother'. If you go back to the vault scene, Killua was never referred to as "Killua".

That means the requests in that scene was from Alluka and has nothing to do with repaying the initial wish. Therefore what he did is what you'd need to get the 'command', not the wish.

So far the command looks exactly the opposite of the wish. You got to satisfy 3 or 4 (can't tell if 'play dead' counts as one of them) requests from Alluka, and then you can command nanika to do something for you. It is likely this command is greatly weakened in power compared to the 'wish'. For one thing, I suspect it is entirely possible for nanika to simply refuse your command if she doesn't think it's worth whatever you did for her.

That said, since only Klillua knows about the command, he can probably use that create the illusion of leverage. For example, I don't think the command is strong enough to kill his mother (cost would be far too trivial), but since no one besides Killua can tell the difference between a command and a wish, they'd have to respect it as if it was a wish. Note that it is very important that Alluka never requested anything from Silva or Kikyo, because they would by definition have to do have two different names based on the existing system (Father/Silva and Mother/Kikyo). If Alluka simply calls the rest of his family by name except her parents and Killua, that'd mean even if you knew the rules, you still have no possible way to distinguish the difference between Alluka or nanika asking you something.
    Last edited by Phantron; November 15, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite all the Possiblities I think this is a possible prelude too a time skip. Killuas worst fear is that he and gon can never be spend time together again and he'll have to work as an assasin. I think that will be the pestering alluka asks for.

1. One he can never see gon or gon dies instantly.
    2. He must never speak or tell gon why they can't be friends.
    3. He has to live with his family and become the lead assasin.

It's a stretch but I find it possible by the end of this arc. They can't be kids forever. It could be something way more creative it's just my input.
    As for the zodiac I can't explain why but I think some hunters will be killed and after some evidence is found it will be ging vs pariston either politically or physically idk where this is going to go. Amazing intro too a new arc though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Killua's ready to move on with his life anyway. Ikalgo is a better friend than Gon at this point if only because he hasn't done anything that'd get Killua killed.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast