Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why Raki-chan is loved by so many girls but not by that many boys

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Raki-chan is loved by so many girls but not by that many boys

Wow I had no idea so many (girls) actually liked Raki. Interesting discussion, and I actually learned a few thing about gals.

I saw the anime first, and I suppose am more the stereo typical male that did not care to much for Raki. Infact I was kind of mad at the very end when Jean who was my favorite besides Clare, had to give up her life to save Raki (ok, it was to save Clare too). I mean there were some scenes early on that I felt embarrassed to watch when he was crying. I think they may have over-dramatized it in the anime, the manga wasn't quite so bad, but manga leaves a lot up to your own imagination. To get the effect across in drawing, I think crying was used a bit much, and while ok in the manga I think the anime adaptation took it a bit too far. I think it was partly the voice of Raki too, (especially with it tone shifted to sound younger or whatever its called) as other anime that feature Todd H. I also feel similar.

Since his return though I've done a 180, probably like most guys who originally didnt like him. I'd say if i ever went so far as to cosplay a Claymore at a con, I'd probably do Raki. Isely is probably my favorite male character (especially his awakened form) but its hard to cosplay a centaur well, atleast the hind legs would be hard to do well, so Raki it would be!
    Last edited by TStew; October 15, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
    T~Stew

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The terms like 'alpha male' and 'beta male' are only supposed to be informal and an entire heirarchy has been created that is irrelevant here, but what is relevant here is that the personality traits popularly attributed to 'alpha' and 'beta' males (protectors and providers) match what is known of the sex appeal of males at different times depending whether the female is ovulating or not. I have said this before.

Hardwiring simply refers to the innate structure of the human brains that determine choices, that is all. Personality variation is also largely hardwired and hereditary.

And TStew, thanks.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you back Faintsmile

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg i did not even notice it was you

Welcome back Faintsmile
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I've been in hospital in Asia and caught an infection is why I haven't been around here.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The answear is simple, there is many more heterosexual men than pedophiles in the world, if u like the young Raki-chan I advise You to go see a doctor, also there is many half naked women in this manga, why would a normal guy like the young Raki-chan ... man go see a doctor

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    The answear is simple, there is many more heterosexual men than pedophiles in the world, if u like the young Raki-chan I advise You to go see a doctor, also there is many half naked women in this manga, why would a normal guy like the young Raki-chan ... man go see a doctor
    I agree and even in the context of the manga clare was in love with and kissed a child Raki. kind makes clare a pedophile.

But now that he is all grown up Raki looks pretty hot......Not nearly as hot as Chronos tho
    and they both are not nearly as sexy as Roxanne <3
    Then there is sexy nun Galatea ! i would go to church more often if the nuns looked like her

And LMFAO at your country being "Vatican city state"- is that not the birth place of pedophiles?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Utsune
    Before this gets too out-of-hand, I'd like to remind you dudes and dudettes please keep on topic, thanks

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't referring to sexual attraction alone by 'like', people don't need to be sexually attracted to a character to like them. Male readers used to hate Raki, whilst he had a female fandom even for the period before the timeskip (like the owner of the Stronger webring, and the half-Amerindian girl who posted on AnimeSuki, and Stephanie Young and Laura Bailey said they were sexually attracted to Raki in the Funi audio commentary.)

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    I agree and even in the context of the manga clare was in love with and kissed a child Raki. kind makes clare a pedophile.

But now that he is all grown up Raki looks pretty hot......Not nearly as hot as Chronos tho
    and they both are not nearly as sexy as Roxanne <3
    Then there is sexy nun Galatea ! i would go to church more often if the nuns looked like her

And LMFAO at your country being "Vatican city state"- is that not the birth place of pedophiles?
    Before they separated Raki was already an adolescent like Clare, in fact he looked like the standard age of those shounen heros girls get crushes on. In the manga he only began to show manly traits and stop crying like a baby after he grew taller. In the anime he is the same height throughout, maybe why many people have less tolerance for 'anime Raki' than for him in the manga where he cries as a little kid - he still cries in the beginning of the anime, though in the beginning he was already at Clare's shoulder height not a little boy.
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; October 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

... man go see a doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I wasn't referring to sexual attraction alone by 'like', people don't need to be sexually attracted to a character to like them.
    Agreed. I for one (and I assume most) were reffering to how we liked or disliked Raki's character, nothing to do with anything sexual geez. Kind of like how I 'love' Miria's phantom ability, or the design of Isley's awakened form.
    T~Stew

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TStew View Post
    Agreed. I for one (and I assume most) were reffering to how we liked or disliked Raki's character, nothing to do with anything sexual geez. Kind of like how I 'love' Miria's phantom ability, or the design of Isley's awakened form.
    i loved how he could turn his arms into different weapons.....almost like they adapted to his opponents

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SSJPabs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Design wise, I found the face of Raki's young design very strange and unusual. Yagi, up until about the last year or so (around the time Miria was thought to have died), drew in a way that I find somewhat unsettling so his character design made me biased against him. Clare shares this look in the early parts of the manga too, but it was very pronounced with Raki. Angel Densetsu was the same from what I've seen. He's gotten better lately and that includes adult Raki.

As an adult I like Raki a lot because he's matured enough that he appears to want what's best for Clare. As a kid he was more concerned over what he wanted from Clare (wanted to stay with her) which I found annoying as he was clearly endangering her even though as a child he wouldn't be expected to have that level of maturity. But then, I don't particularly like real children either.
    Last edited by SSJPabs; October 26, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner clarakiss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so, one of my new years resolution this year was to finally join this claymore forum and lead the raki army to greater heights! :3

24. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clarakiss View Post
    Okay, so, one of my new years resolution this year was to finally join this claymore forum and lead the raki army to greater heights! :3
    Wellcome to this forum clarakiss. It's been a while.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner clarakiss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leroid View Post
    Wellcome to this forum clarakiss. It's been a while.
    why thank you, good sir. you seem to know me from teh animesuki forum i assuming?

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast