Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

Spoiler show

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yabe's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

I thought i'd see if anyone's still interested in this anymore? I really like the length of this manga, it's not too serious but follows a theme. I like the mini-story arcs with kaitou kid and the men-in-black. I hope that we see more about them soon, the arcs keep getting shorter and more pointless

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Still do!

New topic for discussion then:
    Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jath's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.

"You are a 100 years too early to argue logically with ME......"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yabe View Post
    Still do!

New topic for discussion then:
    Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?

I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)

So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!

@ Jath

As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sportgal1 View Post
    I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)
    Exactly that's what causes me doubt that James is a spy

However, besides Vermouth who's found out that Sherry's shrunk to a kid having eaten the capsule and so has Kudo, nobody in the BO's actually awared of the fact (remember that some chapters ago, Gin & co. saw Conan when they went to kill Mori, but neither he nor Vodka realised that the kid's Shinichi?) It could be that the other members in the BO except Vermouth (who's seemed to be fond of Run, Conan & his mom so that she's trying to do as much as she could to pretect Conan's secret now) haven't been acknowledged or even paid enough attention to Shinichi's case.

If James Black would be the BO member or even their last boss, I guess that he's now probably trying to find/ascertain the fact about Conan, or even more to the way to deal with him by himself. Like you pointed out about his small development despite Conan's doubt; I suspect perhaps Aoyama's planning something big with his role in the upcoming events.

Quote Quote:
    So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!
    I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again
    But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jath View Post
    One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportgal1 View Post
    As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though
    Yes, Sportgal1 is right Conan has never actually told them (and Hattori's also the one knowing Conan's Shinichi). I also think that Jodie should know it since she's seen pictures of Shinichi before.
    Last edited by Yabe; November 09, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote Quote:
    I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again
    But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)
    I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.

I can't wait till they get into the black organization more though. It's going to get very interesting very fast hopefully, considering they are pretty close.
    Last edited by Jath; November 09, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jath View Post
    I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.
    I haven't followed the Anime but yes Subaru's the guy who's living in Kudo's house. However, I don't think that his characters are different very much from Akai's though (but if it is, I also see no problem on him changing in order to cover his true identity). He's got the deduction skills that's as good as Conan's (we've rarely seen many of them really; aside from Hattori, the golden-hair detective guy who I don't recognise his name, and Akai - though this new introduced member of the BO 'Bourbon' was said to be great at it too, but I have that doubt seeing Conan's calm reactions towards Subaru), Haibara's panic about him having the similar smell as the BO members which seems to add up to Akai's identity as he also disguised to be one of them once; and how Subaru showed his interest in Haibara in my opinion can make us assume that the guy's probably either someone from the BO or Akai ('cause considering Akai seemed to have suspecion that the girl's Shiho, the sister of his ex-girlfriend, from the first time he caught a glimsp of her.)

And I agree that if Subaru's Akai then he probably knows that Conan's Shinichi. Conan somehow seems to know something behind the news about Akai's dead, it could be that they expected that the return of Kir'd be suspected by Gin & co. so they had planned something out.
    Last edited by Yabe; November 09, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i haven't actually watched the anime besides the first episode. Just couldn't get into it. I don't like the way the anglicize the names. how does shinichi = jimmy anyway?

I'm pretty sure that Akai's figured out that Conan is not what he seems, but i don't know if he knows expressly that conan is shinichi. From what i can tell, he wasn't still in the BO when he knew Shinichi, except that passing encounter in New York. When i think about that, it makes me laugh. Shinichi sure seems to have grown up since he turned into a kid. I don't think Conan knows where Akai is, he probably just suspects he's alive. they seem to think the same way. I can just imagine Subaru 'kidnapping' conan to get his advice/help or something.

@ Jath

I don't know how much further we can go into the org. We already know most of the major players. Any new ones seem to die and the trail goes cold. The only major one we know of but havent' met is the boss. I want to see more of Gin, since he was the original villain.

File 671 is also scanlated now onemanga. I suck at links so i won't even try to link it. Sorry

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Sportgal1

I'm sorry, I didn't actually mean like, more and more things on the Org, I just meant hopefully we will start getting to the point where we see development on tracing them and where they are, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love this series to death, but I think they should really start trying to incorporate the Org a little bit more than they started to if you know what I mean.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

About the anglicized names in anime: was that the Eng Dub? It's the same name with the English publised manga version Case Closed which yeah I think Japanese names are far better... Conan's anime's good imo but it has to be Eng sub (the movies are totally awesome too esp movie 4, 6, 7, 10 & 12).

About the length of the series: considering the manga has come to 60+ volumes now, but I don't think we know the purpose of the Black Org. yet, and Conan, the FBI & the CIA just altogether had Rena as a spy so...

But Aoyama's revelation style has been like a bomb, I just hope his next bomb will be as exciting and interesting as all the previous ones regardless of time.
    Last edited by Yabe; November 11, 2008 at 07:20 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i really hope we get into another BO arc. The other arcs aren't bad but i need something new. Hopefully this one will be longer than the last. Of course, i wouldn't mind a kid arc right now. I miss him already.

I was talking about the english dubs. If i watch anime, i never watch the dubs because usually the voice acting isn't as good. I was reading about it on wikipedia one day when i had just started reading the series and i couldn't figure out who those people were.

i also found this pic at http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/599/04/

looks like she knows about conan/shinichi too. Anyone remember how she found out or is she guessing?
    Last edited by Sportgal1; November 11, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree, the english dubs are horrible. I have watched up to episode 514 in subs, and so far it just got to the point where the spy's brother(Sorry, I forget the names) just found out that Conan was Kudo. I haven't really read the manga but I intead to at least find the chapter where 514 left off and continue from there hopefully.

And yes, I hope another BO arc comes soon, and longer than the other. I just got to find out where all the BO chapters are so I can read them in the manga so I can get the full detail considering anime doesn't always follow the manga.

@ Sportgal1

If you're talking about the lady in the bottom frame, that is Vermount. She found out when she thought(I am pretty sure this is when) Sherry was actually Sherry, but it instead turned out to be Conan having a plan to capture her, etc that backfired.

@ Yabe

I also got to agree though, the movies are pretty darn awesome. I haven't watched 11 or 12 though, I have 11 to watch but I don't think I have found 12 subbed yet.
    Last edited by Jath; November 11, 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i haven't actually watched the movies yet. I tend to prefer it when it's canon and the mangaka never usually has a say in the movies. It's the same with book authors too. That's why most books turn out to have horrible movies.

What i actually meant when i was asking about Vermouth's scene is how she found out that Conan was Shinichi. I knew about Sherry, but even if she had figured out that Conan had also been shrunken, there's no reason to suspect he's Shinichi. She doesn't even know that he exists. I wonder what her motives are though, as she doesn't seem to do things the typical BO way.

I'm really glad that Eisuke (spy's brother) is gone though. He was just a really annoying character. There are already so many minor characters in this manga, that it would be better to further develop someone like Ran, Hattori or KID. Even a flashback sequence would have been better, telling more about kudo's past. Rena Mizunashi is interesting, but we didn't need Eisuke being her brother. I thought that it actually slowed the development of the story.

I can't wait till the current arc is over. I really couldn't care how the superintendent got his scar. Hopefully it'll randomly lead into a BO arc.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast