Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Yukimura, he is undoubtedly one of the best players of the series. However, why does no one have any beef with him? He is stronger than Sanada, Atobe and probably Tezuka for a while. However, no one wants to challenge him or wants revenge. Everyone looks up to Tezuka. A lot of players have admired or acknowledged him but Yukimura was probably stronger than him.

    I guess Yukimura scared them all off
    What do you think?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Right now, Tezuka is above Yukimura, and Sanada might because of black aura.

    In my oppinion, he is not that scary, but Yips makes everybody shit their pants off (unless you have TnK or enough willpower to break them). I think that if you break yips, Yukimura can't do anything.

    I would love to see Oni vs Yukimura, to see Oni trying to break out of yips, but I think that he would lose.
    Personally, Yukimura has to be defeated, he can't show off all time, I hope Sanada kicks his ass, because he has to understand that yips won't work sometimes, so he has to improve his game, and regain the throne.

    Oh, I forgot, Echizen would also kick Yuki's ass

  3. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Yukimura, he is undoubtedly one of the best players of the series. However, why does no one have any beef with him? He is stronger than Sanada, Atobe and probably Tezuka for a while. However, no one wants to challenge him or wants revenge. Everyone looks up to Tezuka. A lot of players have admired or acknowledged him but Yukimura was probably stronger than him.
    According to Sanada, Tezuka was better than Yukimura when the two played as juniors.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    In my oppinion, he is not that scary, but Yips makes everybody shit their pants off (unless you have TnK or enough willpower to break them). I think that if you break yips, Yukimura can't do anything.
    That's kinda ignoring the fact that his basic tennis is incredibly strong. He broke all of FuuRinKaInZanRai's parts without breaking a sweat, and there is probably no other MSer who can replicate that.

    I'd say you need one of TnK, Hyakuren, BA against Yukimura. Without one of those, it's basically impossible to score against him.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    According to Sanada, Tezuka was better than Yukimura when the two played as juniors.



    That's kinda ignoring the fact that his basic tennis is incredibly strong. He broke all of FuuRinKaInZanRai's parts without breaking a sweat, and there is probably no other MSer who can replicate that.

    I'd say you need one of TnK, Hyakuren, BA against Yukimura. Without one of those, it's basically impossible to score against him.
    Agree, but appart of those, there are high schoolers who could defeat Yukimura without using any technique (Tokugawa, Ryoga or Byodouin as examples).

    There is also Atobe Kingdom, Atobe could see his absolute blind spots and score, but during a short period of time. Yukimura is broken, because if there is somebody stronger than him in basic tennis, he uses yips and game over, on a way it's a sure win, but I think that stealing somebody's senses it's rough, because it shows that Yukimura can't defeat his opponent cleanly.

    I hope that some high schooler beats Yukimura soon, breaks the yips and wipes him out easily, let's see what would happen: Yukimura could aim higher and evolve his stats more and stop using yips in his matches.

    Ah, when he returned Sanada's Rai in chapter 8, he didn't use the gut, that means there's nobody in POT that can return Rai using the gut yet (the OVA doesn't count, altough it was quite impressive).
    Last edited by LetalHawk; November 04, 2011 at 09:13 AM.

  6. #5
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Agree, but appart of those, there are high schoolers who could defeat Yukimura without using any technique (Tokugawa, Ryoga or Byodouin as examples).
    We don't know that, since we have no idea of their or Yukimura's actual abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    There is also Atobe Kingdom, Atobe could see his absolute blind spots and score, but during a short period of time.
    True, forgot about AK.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yukimura is broken, because if there is somebody stronger than him in basic tennis, he uses yips and game over, on a way it's a sure win, but I think that stealing somebody's senses it's rough, because it shows that Yukimura can't defeat his opponent cleanly.
    No one has surpassed Yukimura in basics so far. Echizen used Hyakuren/TnK, Sanada used BA. Until those points, Yukimura dominated them, i.e. won cleanly.

    And Yips is as much of a special ability as those three moves.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Ah, when he returned Sanada's Rai in chapter 8, he didn't use the gut, that means there's nobody in POT that can return Rai using the gut yet (the OVA doesn't count, altough it was quite impressive).
    I never claimed that he used the gut?

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    We don't know that, since we have no idea of their or Yukimura's actual abilities.



    True, forgot about AK.



    No one has surpassed Yukimura in basics so far. Echizen used Hyakuren/TnK, Sanada used BA. Until those points, Yukimura dominated them, i.e. won cleanly.

    And Yips is as much of a special ability as those three moves.



    I never claimed that he used the gut?
    What I'm basically saying is that there has to be somebody that surpasses Yukimura on basic tennis, it's impossible for him to be the best at that, there are many unknown players around the world that Konomi has to introduce.

    And about Rai, I sayed it because I think that in the manga nobody returned it with the gut, so I'm curious about if it's possible, I didn't say you claimed it

  8. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    The only techniques that I can think of which could counter Rai with the gut are: Rin, Kagerou Zutsumi, Hadoukyu Parry and Black Jack Knife. But I reckon Kagerou Zutsumi has the best chance though.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  9. #8
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    What I'm basically saying is that there has to be somebody that surpasses Yukimura on basic tennis, it's impossible for him to be the best at that, there are many unknown players around the world that Konomi has to introduce.
    Whether his basic tennis will remain the best depends on how important Konomi wants him to be in the future. His basics being the best is neither guaranteed nor impossible at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    The only techniques that I can think of which could counter Rai with the gut are: Rin, Kagerou Zutsumi, Hadoukyu Parry and Black Jack Knife. But I reckon Kagerou Zutsumi has the best chance though.
    I can see the others, but Hadokyuu Parry? Hadokyuu doesn't have any spin on it, and it's designed to counter exactly that. When Gin was confronted with a shot that had spin (Kawamura's final serve), he couldn't use it successfully.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #9
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Considering Yukimura just got screentime after crushing Fuwa, I suppose we wont know how strong he REALLY is. Since Im wondering whether or not Konomi will make him push for a Top10 place.

    Since it seems Sanada is CONSTANTLY getting screentime showing off his BA and taking out several HSers at a time.

    We also dont know the level of Fuwa. So Yukimura cant be compared fully.
    We only know he beasted Tooyama quickly.

    Although I have noticed that nobody has shown a real interest in challenging Yukimura compared to Tezuka.

  12. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dressrosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Although I have noticed that nobody has shown a real interest in challenging Yukimura compared to Tezuka.
    Even Yukimura's interested in a match between him and Tezuka. LOL

    from Pair Puri Vol.2
    Quote Quote:
    These three years in middle school, I strangely have not had a match with Tezuka. Next time, let's have a serious match with the world as our stage. (Yukimura)
    from Pair Puri Vol.5
    Quote Quote:
    Yanagi: One day, I will have to settle my match with Tezuka, is what Yukimura will say.
    Back on the days of PoT 1, I actually hoped against hope that it would be a captain vs captain match in the Finals. But as we all know, it didn't happen. :/

    I am more curious now if Yukimura already got his YIPS when he and Tezuka faced each other. When Ryoma got affected by the Yips, there wasn't really a reaction from Tezuka, the only time he talked there was when Ryuzaki-sensei started crying.

    If I would have to believe, Tezuka had a prior knowledge of Yukimura's ablitity to steal senses. Hence, he wasn't so shocked about it unlike everybody else. I know Tezuka is extremely stoic but I believe if it was the first time he saw that, he'll still got that surprise look just like how he reacted when Ryoma started unleashing TMnK. But then, I also can't see that he was affected by the Yips back in his match against Yukimura prior middle school.

    Geez. PoT 1 left so many questions that I don't believe will be answered in Shin. :/

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #11
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Since when did Yukimura scare everyone off?

    Yeah. In the OVA with Kirihara in 1st Year, Yukimura didnt bring out his Yips there either.
    I was hoping we could have an OVA set during last years Nationals, where it could hopefully show when Yukimura unlocked MUga, or when he began using Yips.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts