Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Air Gear 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

smh at Nike being offed in 5 minutes...
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SSA scans released their scan of 335
    http://ssa-scans.net/archives/166

I would really like to see what this chapter looked like before OG decided to rip-off the OWS movement.
    Last edited by Carnevil; November 14, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say about Air Gear is... dubya-tee-eff.

I read about 200 chapters last year, and the whole thing is so damn convoluted and chock full of people who seem to have no relevance that I feel completely lost. After reading the last few chapters, this shit almost like the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2 convoluted.

Maybe I just didn't get anything overall, but after reading so much I still don't understand what is "a road" and what is "a regalia".

By all means, I'm not saying it's bad - the art is amazing and highly stylized and the main chars had a lot going for them (at least in the beginning). It's just, really REALLY hard to get into IMHO.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't get what the Roads and Regalia are?

Okay, well, first, let me try to explain the Regalia. You do know that there were 28 First Gen. Gravity Children that Dr. Minami and the other Tower researches made that were inside the Tower, yes? And that they all had their own pairs of ATs? Those ATs that they had were what we now know as "Regalia" due to the news that Sora had spread across the net in those days, and they each had special abilities, each of which were based on one of the seven concepts that let us defy gravity, along with the eighth concept which ties the other seven together (Wind, Thunder, Flame, Gem, Fang, Rumble, Thorn, and Pledge; the first seven all govern one anti-gravity concept each, like free-fall (Gem), electromagnetism (Thunder), thrust (Fang), centrifuge (Rumble), etc; Thorn helps in anti-gravity and is the directional component, and the other six in those seven are anti-gravity, and then the Pledge is the connecting component for those seven. Another thing you need to know, if you don't already, is that when one activates the Sky Regalia, he/she will need the eight concepts and any eight Regalia that help in those concepts, and there is also what Sora did to obtain the actual Sky Regalia, along with the program, by using the codes. Suarhnir and I have been discussing this in the thread about the Gravity Children, the Roads, and the Regalia, so just look there for a better understanding and all. The Pledge Regalia is the only one that isn't in the form of wheels or anything, it's a giant cross, so maybe the Ring Road Riders, while they were in the Tower, had just building blocks for what later came to be the Pledge Regalia. And while there were 28 Gravity Children, according to a diagram they've shown twice in the manga about the Regalia, there were actually only 24 different Regalia in total, so there were also copies--there two Wind Regalia (Sora's and Nike's) and three Pledge Regalia (Simca's, Rune's, and that of one other, whom we don't know the identity of), to get the 28 Regalia for the 28 Gravity Children. Also remember the 28 rune codes; the lines of the codes that come from the codes of the main eight Regalia (Wind, Flame, Rumble, Thunder, Gem, Fang, Thorn, and Pledge) are the ones that make up the main code of the Sky Regalia, the Rune Futhark. You need all 28 codes to obtain the Sky Regalia, like what Sora did, but the main code of the Sky Regalia itself is made up of those main eight lines. That's the Rune Futhark. But right now, the Rune Futhark is incomplete; looking at the legend of Odin and the World Tree Yggdrasil in Norse Mythology, there were nine lines total in the fence that Odin made, and those lines are also what make up the Rune Futhark. There were always supposed to be nine lines, so there's one missing, which means that the Sky Regalia is incomplete and Sora needs the ninth line. Ikki has that ninth line, along with the other eight, while Sora has only the other eight.

There are the 24 Roads for the 24 Regalia, and then there are the other Roads that don't really have a Regalia. The Regalia and their Roads all rely on the air for all of their main functions, and they sort of all lead to the "sky". Or in other words, the Tower of Trophaeum. The closest of the eight main Roads is the Wing Road. There also "Roads" that don't rely on the air, and it was said that the path of a Stormrider is up to the Stormrider him- or herself--or in other words, choosing your own Road and riding it keeps to the path. Onigiri's Smell Road and Buccha's Rock Road or whatever it's called, neither of those are included the 24 Roads. They're their own (Onigiri's and Buccha's) Roads. But of the Roads that lead to the "sky," there are only those 24, and 8 of them are the main ones that are the closest to the "sky". Onigiri and Buccha are "Kings" of their own Roads, but according to what Agito and Yoshitsune said at Kansai, only those with the power of the air/wind may declare themselves as true "Kings". Of those there are only those main eight. It's called "Air Trek" for a reason, after all.

Don't read just 200 past chapters. It'd be better to reread the whole entire series. Remember to not skip around or skim. If it's really a convoluted manga, it'd be dumb to skim or skip.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; November 18, 2011 at 12:06 PM.

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Snip.
    Well, thanks dude! A very thorough explanation (or an attempt at least as I'm still not a 100% on this) so thanks a lot.

You're right, I haven't skimmed too much new chaps after I stopped reading, but each one I have has just become more complex for a manga that outright seems to be a simple enough actiony shounen with referential "attack" visualisations with a squirt of ecchi here and there.

Maybe someday I'll have the time or interest to re-read or find where I was at, but now is not the time haha (new awesome job, skiing, Skyrim etc.)

I kind of understood the Regalia concept, it was mostly the whole Road aspect that was lost on me. Your explanation makes it sound a bit clearer, maybe comparable to Naruto's "My ninja way"?

And yeah, I just remembered Onigiri and him defeating that beatiful woman earlier on in a Parts fight with his "Pig road" and standing on his head or something haha, that was hilarious.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Onigiri's Road is the Smell Road. The "shadow" is a pig because that's just how he himself is. Notice how everyone calls him a pig in the comic relief moments?

Stormriders put their feelings into their "run". It's stated in the manga that their feelings are too complex to be explainable with words. To say it in another way, their feelings have no words that can accurately and/or properly describe them. A Stormrider's "Road" is how they convey their feelings, too, IIRC. When he was starting off, Ikki was unable to put his feelings into his "run". Ringo also tells him when they have their little battle that even though she'll tell him everything she has to say through her "run," his "run" really doesn't tell her anything about why he's trying so hard to reach the Tower of Trophaeum. I'm pretty sure his "run" now actually does convey his feelings to anyone watching.

So yeah, you could say the Road concept is a bit similar to the "Ninja Way" in Naruto. But it's not he same thing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner scavanger007's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

new chapter is out, if you have read it, then is the thing on rika's neck the one that's brainwashing her or something?

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Could me. Suarhnir seems to think so. Or it could just be what's what's controlling her. Though, after the brainwashing (which was already done using that chair, mind you) there shouldn't be any need to control her. What if that device is doing something to her on a cellular level or something that's bad for her and she doesn't realize it? [I'll mention this in the Discussion Thread for Chapter 336, too).

Negative Syndicate

Is Air Gear heading toward its ending?

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Is Air Gear heading toward its ending?
    Haha... hopefully, then it would make more sense? ::::

I kiiid I kiiid.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, let me correct something in my explanation from before; the Eight Roads led to the "top" of the Trophaeum Tower (of before, when it was still leading underground, and they were referring to the bottom as the "top"). Sky Regalia. That's what the "sky" is, that the Wing Road is closest to.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4