Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

23 67.65%
  • Average

9 26.47%
  • Terrible

2 5.88%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 121 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 121 Spoiler Thread

I'm pretty sure that whoever will manage to pull the sword out of Hysteria's throat will become the king of the island. Now I know the purpose of Raki in the story.

Chapter better than previous one but still sucks :/. Where is Yagi going with this? We need Clare to come back, otherwise it's going to become even worse than it is.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I agree Claire needs to make an appearance, I don't think this is her battle. This is Miria's story. She wants to destroy the Organization and that's what is basically happening due to Dae and his creations. I assume once this battle is over we will get to the final battle of Pricilla vs Claire. Or whatever Claire and Pricilla have become inside the Destroyer.

As for the chapter itself, I really enjoyed it. Three new Abyssal Ones is definitely awesome in my opinion. But this chapter made me wonder. Did Isley, Riful, and Luciela act like this when they first awakened? I mean these three just don't give a flying f**k anymore. The last three seemed to have "mellowed" out as time went by. I wonder if these three were allowed to escape, would they calm down as well? As for the new looks, I like them. They really are monsters which is what I like to see in awakened forms.

Really happy at everyone showing up, but as someone said earlier, I really hope their victory is believable and knowing Yagi, I'm sure it will be.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 04, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All i can say is lol...apparently Cassandra's primary new ability from awakening was the removal of her PG filter, that girl swears like a sailor now. i honestly wouldn't be surprised if the fight between Cass and Roxy somehow ends in a hair pulling match.

@Eefrit

I think it's the whole loss of inhibitions thing, it's probably a bit different for every Awakening. Some seem monstrous others seem to regain there consciousness right away, but the main factor always seems to be the lack of humanity and the hunger. I think once those initial stages are gone even Awakened ones that act purely like unintelligent monsters would regain there consciousness. IT might just take longer then others. So Yea unlike Isley, Riful and Luciela who had aged and been given time to really come into there mindsets and powers these three are still amateurs. Hysteria hasn't even considered the fact that she can revert back to human form to remove that sword from her throat herself. I'm guessing things like that along with partial body transformations while in human form are all things that Awakened have to learn over time.

As to Clare it wouldn't surprise me if she came out being able to wear the destroyer like a Guyver unit Priscilla i think will come out with her usual nonchalant attitude. At least we can all count on the fact that Priscilla may eventually get so bored that she just kills herself.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Allright. Lets see if I can get my review done tonight. Gernot's translations are top notch as always, but you really do need to art to understand what's happening. I didn't realize Raki and Rafetela make an apperence. I also have to say, that even as fast as Hysteria is, do you really want someone who's an enemy to be handeling a sword stuck in your throat?

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhat undecided if I like/disklike this chapter. It appears to be a transitional period leading to the penultimate conflict, the confrontation with these newly born Abyssal Ones. Looking at the figures of these AOs, I'm rather disappointed. They all look like patchworks without any beauty or elegance to them. Perhaps, Yagi purposely made them this way to illustrate that these beings are reanimated corpse and have lost all semblance of what they were before. Roxanne could easily double for the Queen in the Alien movie series. As for Hysteria who was formely named "The Elegant," her awakened form does not befit her former title. She looks like a mutilated spider with a human torso and miniature wings. I think Alicia's awakened form best qualifies as The Elegant. It retained her feminine traits while instilling a sense of dread.

Also, do you guys think that Raftella was using her influence in order to prevent Roxanne and Hysteria from awakening or was she merely distracting them to give the current generation warriors a chance to survive. I like that Yagi shows us Miria's internal struggles as she lamented the death of her Pieta comrades. I think he missed an opportunity by not developing this part more extensively, these past few chapters. Even with the arrival of the remaining Ghosts, they're short on firepower without Clare.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Falcor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I also have to say, that even as fast as Hysteria is, do you really want someone who's an enemy to be handeling a sword stuck in your throat?
    Considering the many different ways that Hysteria can dislodge that sword, I think she's setting a trap; either that, or she has some ulterior motive. Then again, that could just be my wishful thinking that Yagi will keep her character interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Looking at the figures of these AOs, I'm rather disappointed. They all look like patchworks without any beauty or elegance to them.
    I actually like Roxanne's AO form. As for Hysteria's, I'm hoping that Yagi's just trolling us; maybe when somebody goes for that sword stuck in her throat, her true form will come popping out of that grotesque form she's in now. I just find it beyond ridiculous that not only is her AO form hideous, but it's also so fundamentally flawed.

Quote Quote:
    Also, do you guys think that Raftella was using her influence in order to prevent Roxanne and Hysteria from awakening or was she merely distracting them to give the current generation warriors a chance to survive.
    I think it was the latter. I doubt she'd take the chance on directly tampering with the ZAOs, at least to that degree.

Quote Quote:
    Even with the arrival of the remaining Ghosts, they're short on firepower without Clare.
    The situation will still be much better than having yet another dragged-out chapter with Miria and "shrimp twins" (really, Yagi, is it asking too much to have Audrey call them by their names?) attempting to save everyone else.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner WintryFortress's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    I'm somewhat undecided if I like/disklike this chapter. It appears to be a transitional period leading to the penultimate conflict, the confrontation with these newly born Abyssal Ones. Looking at the figures of these AOs, I'm rather disappointed. They all look like patchworks without any beauty or elegance to them. Perhaps, Yagi purposely made them this way to illustrate that these beings are reanimated corpse and have lost all semblance of what they were before. Roxanne could easily double for the Queen in the Alien movie series. As for Hysteria who was formely named "The Elegant," her awakened form does not befit her former title. She looks like a mutilated spider with a human torso and miniature wings. I think Alicia's awakened form best qualifies as The Elegant. It retained her feminine traits while instilling a sense of dread.
    Yeah, compared to the first three Abyssal it feels like these designs inspire disgust more than fear. The first three, esp. Riful and Isley you could totally understand why an opponent would scram ASAP, but here it almost feels like we should be lol'ing. They kept mentioning (Dae and Miria) that these three should not really be considered alive, so I think that this might be a reason for their disgusting forms. That also gives Yagi an out to kill them all off as needed.

@SaphG1: hehe, yeah now Cassandra went from shy and withdrawn to obscene and cursing like a sailor. Makes me wonder how she'll react to Cynthia? Anyways there has to be some sort of relationship between the awakened forms and the personalities of the warriors before they awakened, but I've been unable to really figure it out, except the super obvious (e.g. Cassandra's form eats dust). It sort of reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist where "Truth-kun" was supposed to represent each alchemists' "inner negative." However this long wait also reminds me, Claymore seems always about 10 less pages than FMA!

But the idea of a counter-passion (the violent are choked by blood, fortune tellers have their heads twisted backwards) is from Dante, I think so maybe that's where Yagi got it--if we are supposed to be seeing that in the abyssal forms.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say I'm very curious as to Hysteria's trustworthiness now. I mean, despite her willingness to go around killing warriors without questioning why (the order Daae put in her head may be very strong, so we could let her out of the hook on this one...), she did seem to care about honor, though it might be just a fallacy derived from her care for elegance.

So, in a hypothetical scenario where Miria accepted the deal Hysteria offered, would the latter keep her side of the bargain? Before awakening, I'd say that was considerably more likely than not. After, it strikes me as a fuzzy possibility, though one (barely?) worth considering nonetheless.

The black wind begins to blow...
    Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt that there were a lot of things wrong with this chapter. or maybe just with the recent story arc in general.

I could kind of buy into Cassandra going after Roxanne, and even trying to bite off her arms and legs as an extension of her role as a dust-eater. It is also not unheard of that an awakened being would attempt to eat a warrior's arm, for example the very first AB we ever encountered tried to eat Deneve's arm. However, he spat it back out. I think it is highly unrealistic that Roxanne and Hysteria would stick around the org's headquarters and try to eat warriors. Not only are there humans at the org (not sure about Rimuto, Daae and co, but there should be at least a few human minions as well as human victims, e.g. Raki, for them to eat). But more likely, the AO would spread out and attack nearby towns, ignoring the warriors and organization, which they would normally not perceive as a threat or food.

The ghosts' best chance would have been some sort of sneak attack, or sneak rescue along the lines of when they saved Audrey&co from Riful, but they didn't try that. Hysteria was too fast for Miria when she was still human, and now she's awakened. What do the ghosts think they can achieve against someone who's too fast for them to see? And they even brought the 2 low ranking numbers. What in the world is Deneve thinking?

The last chapters have all had unfortunate inconsistencies like these, ranging from time-lines not making a lot of sense, to Daae's grand scheme of luring Priscilla out of hiding. That one's just so flawed on so many levels. The AOs would need to stay around the org's HQ in order to lure Priscilla there, which is unlikely due to lack of food. They would also need to stay together, which is unlikely since they don't get along, and they're competing for food. And Daae would have to stay alive long enough to see Priscilla, which seems highly unlikely. And, he said that he didn't mind using his beloved number ones since the org was done for now that all the warriors have rebelled, but in fact he had started reviving the number ones well before the warriors rebelled.

I don't think that Yagi can do anything to explain these inconsistencies away, but if he moves on fast and avoids additional errors, maybe I can forget about them. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next chapters...

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't Miria make a deal with the awakened ones that if they help them finish the organization she will let them eat the Black Coats. to take it a step further if they help her defeat the destroyer then they will all go their seperate ways and they will be allowed to eat only the criminals and scum of soceity but leave good people alone. the claymores will continue killing regular yoma............which just leaves priscilla
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^That's putting alot of faith into the awakened ones. The only being I'd believe doing that would be Isley, and even then I doubt he would still do it. The awakened beings aren't really the policing type, if your guts look good to them, you can be damn sure they are going to eat you. Also I highly doubt Roxanne and Hysteria would make any deals with someone other than themselves.

As for Hysteria's lack of "elegance", maybe this is how Yagi wanted to portray her. Her body is no longer elegant or beautiful. She is just a complete monstrosity whose top half is like a lovely angel sculpture, while her bottom half is a millipede like legs. A mobile bust if you will.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    ^That's putting alot of faith into the awakened ones. The only being I'd believe doing that would be Isley, and even then I doubt he would still do it. The awakened beings aren't really the policing type, if your guts look good to them, you can be damn sure they are going to eat you. Also I highly doubt Roxanne and Hysteria would make any deals with someone other than themselves.

As for Hysteria's lack of "elegance", maybe this is how Yagi wanted to portray her. Her body is no longer elegant or beautiful. She is just a complete monstrosity whose top half is like a lovely angel sculpture, while her bottom half is a millipede like legs. A mobile bust if you will.
    i guess but the warriors would have the bargaining chip of Clare, priscilla and the destroyer. the odds of them defeating either priscilla or the destroyer go up with help. at least it would by the warriors some time to rest and get clare out
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That might not do any good against Pricilla. Isley was one of the strongest awakened beings and lost to Pricilla. Alicia and Beth both were technically Abyssal Ones and easily lost against Pricilla. Even the Destroyer lacked the abilities to take Pricilla down for good. I hate to say it, but three Abyssal Ones against Pricilla might not be formidable enough to face her. The only hope they have against Pricilla is Clare merged with the Destroyer, which I hope somehow brings out the latent Teresa inside Clare's flesh.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    I felt that there were a lot of things wrong with this chapter. or maybe just with the recent story arc in general.

I could kind of buy into Cassandra going after Roxanne, and even trying to bite off her arms and legs as an extension of her role as a dust-eater. It is also not unheard of that an awakened being would attempt to eat a warrior's arm, for example the very first AB we ever encountered tried to eat Deneve's arm. However, he spat it back out. I think it is highly unrealistic that Roxanne and Hysteria would stick around the org's headquarters and try to eat warriors. Not only are there humans at the org (not sure about Rimuto, Daae and co, but there should be at least a few human minions as well as human victims, e.g. Raki, for them to eat). But more likely, the AO would spread out and attack nearby towns, ignoring the warriors and organization, which they would normally not perceive as a threat or food.

The ghosts' best chance would have been some sort of sneak attack, or sneak rescue along the lines of when they saved Audrey&co from Riful, but they didn't try that. Hysteria was too fast for Miria when she was still human, and now she's awakened. What do the ghosts think they can achieve against someone who's too fast for them to see? And they even brought the 2 low ranking numbers. What in the world is Deneve thinking?

The last chapters have all had unfortunate inconsistencies like these, ranging from time-lines not making a lot of sense, to Daae's grand scheme of luring Priscilla out of hiding. That one's just so flawed on so many levels. The AOs would need to stay around the org's HQ in order to lure Priscilla there, which is unlikely due to lack of food. They would also need to stay together, which is unlikely since they don't get along, and they're competing for food. And Daae would have to stay alive long enough to see Priscilla, which seems highly unlikely. And, he said that he didn't mind using his beloved number ones since the org was done for now that all the warriors have rebelled, but in fact he had started reviving the number ones well before the warriors rebelled.

I don't think that Yagi can do anything to explain these inconsistencies away, but if he moves on fast and avoids additional errors, maybe I can forget about them. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next chapters...
    Those inconsistencies are easily answered.

the Awakened that attacked the group way back in the beginning wasn't a freshly awakened and practically starving Awakened being. It was a creature that the Organization used of rogue Claymore extermination for along time. it simply had better self control then these three

The reason they want to eat Claymores is simple, they're so hungry they just don't give a damn, they want food now and whatever is closest they are going to eat end of story. when your starving you don't care what it is as long as it's edible.

As we discussed in a former thread whats luring Priscilla is the 'scent' of her own yoki that's mixed into the make up of these three AO's. dae doesn't know if its going to work he hopes it will but other then that he doesn't care what really happens, his work is over. if he can see Priscilla he can die happily knowing his efforts were an epic success

The things you mention as inconsistencies only happen when you over analyze something to much. no matter what scenario you come up with you can find inconsistencies if you try hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    That might not do any good against Pricilla. Isley was one of the strongest awakened beings and lost to Pricilla. Alicia and Beth both were technically Abyssal Ones and easily lost against Pricilla. Even the Destroyer lacked the abilities to take Pricilla down for good. I hate to say it, but three Abyssal Ones against Pricilla might not be formidable enough to face her. The only hope they have against Pricilla is Clare merged with the Destroyer, which I hope somehow brings out the latent Teresa inside Clare's flesh.

One thing that always bugged me is that anything powerful enough to injure Priscella has always fought her stupidly. Isley destroyed her but then played with her instead of taking a head shot. Alica and beth never aimed for her head, only sliced up her limbs, Kitty Dauf pulverized her but never took her head off. in the last two scenarios the conscious Priscella might have tried to avoid a head shot but with Isley she didn't even have the presence of mind. if he wasn't dicking around she would probably be dead. Then again we don't know if a head removal will kill her, we've never gotten to see because somehow fighting Priscella makes you stupid.

Priscella is strong but she's already met her Antithesis in the Clare/destroyer. She can't kill it even when she hits it a full power and it constantly consumes life force. i'll state again

Priscella: endless source of Yoki
    Destroyer: Un-killable energy consuming parasite

They fit like a hand and a glove. Even if the destroyer can never kill Priscilla it can hunt her forever and make her life a living nightmare. ^^

28. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Havent been here for a while. Ok the new chapter was AWESOME!

First of: I thought Roxanne's awakened form was full of tentacles. Her awakened form is robotic and its more like Riful+alien type.

Why did Raftela fainted? So I guess she wouldnt be any of use now.

About Clare and Priscilla maybe if they sense that Raki would be eaten by those 3 AO's they would be released on the cocoon. (lol my imaginations)

I thought Cassandra's form was immobile. I guess im wrong. Its very fast and flexible but her weakness is easily spotted. Just target her human body form that is if they can match her speed.

As to Hysteria I doubt that she is lying. You know why? She hates being ignored more than anything. If she was able to remove the sword in her throat why bother Miria?

The claymore that was pierced in by Hysteria on her left was kind of cute. I first saw her before Miria was revealed to be alive. I hope that she would survived

Anyways dont you think that the plot is just revolving(last year we were waiting for the outcome, what happened to Miria and Yagi pretty much delayed it by giving us chapters about Deneve and co. and this year we waited for Deneve and co. to arrive)

Well at least they have arrived.

If I remember correctly when they fought an awakened former # 2 they didnt even had a scratch and now even when they dont have Clare I think they would stand a chance somehow. Cynthia, Tabitha and Yuma should heal or support Raftela's group, Audreys group and the Shrimp twins.

Oh another month again to wait. Sigh

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast