Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Dislikes

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Dislikes

I understand the system behind likes and thanks, but I don't get it with dislikes. I don't see a button for it, and I don't understand how 2 people (one of which doesn't even exists) managed to dislike my posts.

Quote Quote:
    01:19 AM - N/A clicked Dislike for this post: Welcome to MH's Mafia Clan by alphabeta
    What is the secret behind these Dislikes and please explain it to me, since it seems I'm the only person who was targeted by them.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dislikes

Hi alpha,

The dislikes were a part of a test, hence why none other than admins/techs could actually use the function. It was discarded as you can see on your posts, so you should no longer be affected by the dislikes.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Hi alpha,

The dislikes were a part of a test, hence why none other than admins/techs could actually use the function. It was discarded as you can see on your posts, so you should no longer be affected by the dislikes.
    I see, thanks for the info.

It's just that in the "Hottest Threads/Posts" my thread is still listed with those dislikes. If no one else can use dislikes, and I'd appreciate it if "Hottest Threads - Dislike" and "Hottest Posts - Dislike" would be removed, since they are only experiments

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll see what I can do. Will update here later.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They have been removed now. As seen here.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I already saw that. Thanks to whoever it did.

T'was likely Fuzzy, so thank the Fuz ✔3c
    Last edited by 3c; November 06, 2011 at 07:30 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the fact you can see "who" dislikes a post and disliking doesn't go well hand in hand.

Although if you can make an anonymous "rating" system to the individual post, it'd probably be much better and avoid people hating / disliking other people because they disliked their post...

As I see it, the core problem is you know "who" disliked your post and honestly, I like the idea that you can rate post up and down, just need to avoid the names if rating a post down

p.s. dear Admins, Mods, Owner of MH, I'd LOVE a "Creative" button!
    I don't think Like or Thank buttons are sufficient if you in some cases really find a post creative, and I'd love to state the post in such a manner rather than like or thanking..!
    Well, I can only dream of such a button

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post
    I agree that the fact you can see "who" dislikes a post and disliking doesn't go well hand in hand.

Although if you can make an anonymous "rating" system to the individual post, it'd probably be much better and avoid people hating / disliking other people because they disliked their post...

As I see it, the core problem is you know "who" disliked your post and honestly, I like the idea that you can rate post up and down, just need to avoid the names if rating a post down

p.s. dear Admins, Mods, Owner of MH, I'd LOVE a "Creative" button!
    I don't think Like or Thank buttons are sufficient if you in some cases really find a post creative, and I'd love to state the post in such a manner rather than like or thanking..!
    Well, I can only dream of such a button
    Well I understand that, but these features come with the vB engine, and such a button is not available I'm afraid(well, unless we rename one of them, which I don't know if can be done)...but since this forum encourages good conversations, feel free to post to appreciate the creativeness of others. And like their post in the process as well.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well I understand that, but these features come with the vB engine, and such a button is not available I'm afraid(well, unless we rename one of them, which I don't know if can be done)...but since this forum encourages good conversations, feel free to post to appreciate the creativeness of others. And like their post in the process as well.
    ah, too bad
    hehe yeah, maybe I'm just too lazy sometimes and just press a button instead of posting It'd be cool if you could put all kind of emotion you have for a post below it though, there can be many reasons for thanking & liking afterall
    But it's also true that people would maybe stop posting or post less if they could specify their emotions by pressing a single button, I see your point.. too bad it's like that though, I like buttons

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply