Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: What Part Of Cassandra Awakening Would You Like To See?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awakend Cassandra

9 40.91%
  • Why Dae Isn't Worried

3 13.64%
  • Hysteria's Getting Attacked

1 4.55%
  • The Org Shacking In Fear

0 0%
  • Galatea Sensing it in the Bath

9 40.91%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 119- The Hatreds Cause And Effect- Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 119- The Hatreds Cause And Effect- Review

Claymore Chapter 119- The Hatreds Cause And Effect

Hello everyone. At last it's time for my review of the latest Claymore chapter. But before that let's look at the poll results for the last chapter. One person thought seeing Cassandra cut her foes down was the best part. Three each liked the trainee's group hug, and seeing Raki beat on the Organization's handlers. Four enjoyed the Phantom deciding to get inelegant on Hysteria's ass. And Four just want Galatea.
    Inelegant Attack-
    We pick up where we left off, with Miria using her new technique against Hysteria. Not that Hysteria want's to dignify what Miria's doing by calling it a technique. Miria takes her disgust as a complement.
    As I thought, Miria's new technique is one that's going to test endurance and guts. Every time she clashes with Hysteria they both take damage. I lucky hit by one or the other could end it, but it also depends on who can take more hits. It may not be pretty, but it could well be the one thing Miria can do that would work on Hysteria.

Something Wrong With Your Depth Perception?-
    As for Roxanne, she finds the Miria/Hysteria fight amusing. But she figures it's time to get back to her own fight. The twins haven't been able to fully regenerate, but she's bored now, and not going to give them any more time. She quickly kills one twin with a sword to the head, and then finishes off the other with a blow to the head. Quick, precise, fatal. Except she didn't kill them only cut them shallowly. Roxy is a bit surprised by this, as she knows what happened. Rafetela was using her technique on her. But shouldn't that ability only work on one person at a time?
    Roxanne shows of her cruel side here, when she decides to kill the twins. But she doesn't quite pull it off due to Rafetela's intervention. As a result the Shrimps now have a chance, although I doubt it's the best one. But why is Rafetela now able to help the twins and affect Roxanne? And are the twins ever going to actually get names? We get to see more of Roxanne's true character with her comment about how “No matter what she does, she's of no use to me” line. It seems that all she ever saw Cassandra as, and most likely ever saw any other Claymore as were tools to be used.

The Dust Eaters Story-
    Cassandra has stopped trying to kill Audery, and is in a confused state. She wonders why she's attacking another warrior. And as she starts to remember her death, the wounds she suffered appear all over her body. Oh and we see Nina is still alive. Anyways Cassandra remembers how she created the dust eater in order to help her classmates, but the unseemly nature of the attack only drove her comrades away. Even Roxanne, who claimed to admire her. But then she used it to save the then number 35. But to the warrior who's life she saved, the technique wasn't disgusting. The way Cassandra cleaned her face afterward reminded her of a pet cat she'd once had. And so Cassandra and 35 became friends. Then 35 went on an awakened hunt with Roxanne as the leader. Everyone else returned unscathed, but 35 was horribly tortured and killed. And when Cassandra confronted Roxanne, she was provoked into attacking Roxanne. Roxanne had brought many fellow Claymores with her, and claimed that Cassandra was going to rebel. Although their blades cut into Cassandra, it was Roxanne sword of evil that stopped her. And then, Cassandra was hacked to death by those warriors she would not harm. And now in the present, her hatred of Roxanne causes Cassandra to awaken. And Dae seems way too happy about this.
    Well, Roxanne may just be the most evil bitch we've seen yet in Claymore. I have to wonder how she died. I kinda hope it was inglorious and unpleasant. Like most Claymores Cassandra just wanted someone to connect to. And Roxanne saw that as a way to hurt her. It's clear it was a set up. It also parallels Miria's situation. Like Miria she went berserk after the loss of a friend, set up by an evil bitch. And Miria almost shared to same fate at the hand of her fellow Claymores. Roxanne was Cassandra's only target, but she surrounded herself with other Claymores. And I think that had a single one of the Claymores who fought Miria been willing to cut her down, and kill her, then they all would have, even if they regretted it later. Out of the dead three, Cassandra seems to be the only one who cares for the lives of her fellow warriors. When she starts to remember, the first thing she wonders is why she did this to a fellow warrior. We also see that even Nina is still alive. I think Cassandra might still have been holding back. Despite her isolation in life, she clearly cared deeply about the lives of her fellow warriors. Even the dust eater was created to help her comrades. Out of the dead three, she seems like the one who would have been most likely to have joined the ghosts. Of course now that she's awakened that won't be happening. Although Dae seems fine with this turn of events. Is he just happy seeing the limits of his creations? Or does he know something we don't? Remember he was smart enough to not travel with Raki when he had the rods in his arms. Dae may be a mad scientist, but he's not stupid, or suicidal. So why does he seem so cheerful about having a pissed off abyssal one right nearby?
    Winner of the Month- This is a bit of a hard choice. One could make case for Roxanne due to her evil plan to kill Cassandra. But it's just too damn evil. So I guess I'll give the win this month to Rafetela for managing to keep the twins alive against Roxanne without even appearing in the chapter.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 06, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 119- The Hatreds Cause And Effect- Review

some comments:

1. Did Roxanne actually ever die?

2. How was Cassandra able to be resurrected despite seemingly chopped into even smaller pieces than Rigardo was by Clare?

3. obviously, Dae was able to "program" Cassandra, as she attacked the Rebel Claymores out of her character, which we see when she regains her own character, and from her flashback too (though she did attack the Claymores guarding Roxanne).

4. Did Cassandra regain her memory on her own, or did Raftela help out?

5. Why is Roxanne still obsessed with Cassandra....?

6. Why are these 3 Resurrected Claymores obsessed with the "beauty/elegance/grace/finesse/etc" of Abilities so much ???

7. in the bit previous chapter, we were told that Raftela could only target a single Claymore (if Miria hadn't gone alone, Raftela wouldn't have been able to target the addition Claymores with Miria), yet now seemingly Raftela can do so, or is she being supported/enhanced by the two unnamed Trainee girls hugging her?

8. who was Cassandra's friend?... she looks like Cynthia... but Cynthia is still alive... whereas Cassandra's friend was killed... and there's also probably an impossiblity in terms of their Eras making it possible as well.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    some comments:

She must have. Dae had her body, and mentioned that he was using the three best ones based on power, and condition of the corpse. And if she were alive, then they wouldn't have needed to ressruect her.

2. How was Cassandra able to be resurrected despite seemingly chopped into even smaller pieces than Rigardo was by Clare?
    Was she in a whole lotta tiny pieces? We know she was cut up, but not every cut would necisaraly have put her into pieces. She could lose all her limbs and still be in five fairly good size pieces. Also they were using Prisscilla's yoki, and Priss is very good at regeneration.

3. obviously, Dae was able to "program" Cassandra, as she attacked the Rebel Claymores out of her character, which we see when she regains her own character, and from her flashback too (though she did attack the Claymores guarding Roxanne).
    Hmmn, now I wonder. Did Dae mean that she was the first one to awaken, or the first to break her conditioning?
    4. Did Cassandra regain her memory on her own, or did Raftela help out?
    Not sure. Maybe it'll get clarified next chapter.

5. Why is Roxanne still obsessed with Cassandra....?
    Simple. She's right there, and moving again after Roxxy killed her.
    6. Why are these 3 Resurrected Claymores obsessed with the "beauty/elegance/grace/finesse/etc" of Abilities so much ???
    Well Roxy steals any ability she likes. Cass was ostricized because other though her skill was ugly. And Hysteria seems to have it for her gimmick.
    7. in the bit previous chapter, we were told that Raftela could only target a single Claymore (if Miria hadn't gone alone, Raftela wouldn't have been able to target the addition Claymores with Miria), yet now seemingly Raftela can do so, or is she being supported/enhanced by the two unnamed Trainee girls hugging her?
    I think it's a case of her not needing to target Cass. Once Cass started reminicing, and stopped attacking, Rafetela was freed up to save the twins from Roxy. That's why Roxy says that Cass is still of no use to her.
    8. who was Cassandra's friend?... she looks like Cynthia... but Cynthia is still alive... whereas Cassandra's friend was killed... and there's also probably an impossiblity in terms of their Eras making it possible as well.
    It wasn't Cynthia. She just looked like her, as their are only so many ways Yagi can draw all these girls. It may become important later that she resembles Cynthia, but for now, she's just the unnamed 35 that is the reason Cass has awakened and hates Roxy so much.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this chapter been pretty straight foward, a flashback of Cassandra's past while setting up for a big fight. Looks like the prediction that at least one of the three #1's going to awaken and start to fight the other #1's is starting to come true.

I am a little confused though by this issue. Why did Cassandra's wounds open up again, did Dae do a bad job of stiching? Was Cassandra unable to close up her wounds with her yoki?!

How did Roxxane stop Cassandra's attack with the hilt of her sword?!
    Last edited by Khorr; October 06, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I'd like more explanation on Dae's part, I feel like we're more likely to see Galatea sensing Cassandra's Awakening while being semi-clothed to naked.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would predict that we'll see more of Daae. I can't imagine that he'd just show up for a single page, and then disappear again. My prediction for the next chapter would be that Daae will spend a few pages commenting, then we see bit of a fight between Roxanne and Cassandra, probably ending with Cassandra about to awaken. If we get a lot of progress, we might see the ghosts arrive and turn the tide in Miria's battle, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the other hand, Yagi has a way of defying my predictions, so maybe we'll see Galatea after all. ^^

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance Raki will be stabbing Dae in the back or decapitating Dae from behind, while Dae is laughing like an evil Kefka (FF6 Villian) maniac ???
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging from all these new events, I doubt we will see Clare until next year. You have to think about it, there is so much going on right now that Clare will be forgotten.

1) Cassandra awaken and who will kill her?
    2) Hysteria vs Miria
    3) How did Roxanne died or what is her cause?
    4) Will Raftela survive from her injuries?
    5) How will Deneve group affect the outcome of the battle? Will they be fighting Cassandra awaken form?
    6) Will Hysteria remember herself and awaken too?
    7) Will Roxanne awaken also?
    8) Will Miria awaken by awakening so much to fight Hysteria?
    9) Did Dae do something to the 3 Claymore differently as an outcome?
    10) Will Cassandra revert back and help fight with the Rebel to purge the MOB?

The list goes on and on, etc... I doubt Clare is even at the top of Yagi head right now. I betting Clare/Priscilla won't show up until next year in May.

Another rant also...

Seriously, I think Yagi been leaving a lot of black hole in this story.

Take for instance Teresa era. Hardly anyone seen a AB except for Irene.
    http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Claymore/022.027/69

Now look at Cassandra pass. WTF! They been fighting AB, thus meaning her lower rank friend and Roxanne. Where are all the Yoma's? Now how did Teresa even got that strong, she only fought with Rosemary. Was Teresa and Irene the only two that were sent to kill AB? Not even Noel and Sophia knew about them.

How does little Priscilla > Threat to all AO's? She only a rank 2 and she got best by Teresa. "Big black hole here!" "Too many theory too many speculation."

It's like my theory. I think there are rank#1 and rank#5 who has special ability to make them rank#1. True powerful rank #1 and #2 are Teresa, Priscilla, Roxanne, Hysteria, the 3 AO's, first Twins, Refeala, and Miata(If she's not crazy).

I think Miria, Clare, Deneve, Galatea, Casandra, Irene, Rosemary, etc... are just rank#5 with special ability to fill in until a powerful claymore takes the number one rank.
    Last edited by Joe7133; October 07, 2011 at 03:40 AM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa's Era not kowing about Awakeneds does cause a problem, ...

...unless Irene was just being dramatic, and commenting that PRISCILLA had become an awakened, not that she was the first Awakened to be seen by Noel and Sophia. This is the simple solution... but whether it's/this is true, or the above comment... is the question...

----------------

in taking Teresa's Era not knowing about Awakeneds:

the Org might have decided to leave Awakeneds alone... except for Teresa and Irene, so this could explain why Noel and Sophia don't know about Awakeneds...

I personally don't think Noel and Sophia are weak for their ranks, if anything I think they might be more powerful ranks 4 and 5 than other ranks 4 and 5.

ya, NYs are weak... but that town had like 100 NYs... that's still a pretty lot... I know a powerful Claymore can take them easy... but still... they can be killed... proof is Teresa getting killed by Priscilla... so even 100 NYs can be dangerous, get in a surprise fatal hit on a powerful Claymore... yes, I know Priscilla killed most of them too lol, but still they were sent to clean up a "Yoma Nest", which we've never seen anywhere else in the manga's timeline.

Also... we don't know if Irene watched Priscilla kill NYs... or Awakeneds... as the manga just says Yomas... argh....

If... Cassandra's Era -> Roxanne's Era -> Luciela's Era happened in this order, it could be understandable why the Org might change it's policies for Rosemary's and Teresa's Eras to not be fighting Awakeneds.

there might not have been many Awakeneds as well...

and maybe most might have been killed prior to Awakening...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 07, 2011 at 06:59 PM.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If... Cassandra's Era -> Roxanne's Era -> Luciela's Era happened in this order, it could be understandable why the Org might change it's policies for Rosemary's and Teresa's Eras to not be fighting Awakeneds.

there might not have been many Awakeneds as well...

and maybe most might have been killed prior to Awakening...
    We know Teresa was one and half era behind Luciela's era. Since Rosemary was trumped by Teresa rather early on, I count her as 1/2 an era. We know Luciela wiped out 1/2 the Organization. We also know AB used to be Claymores.

So using the logic of deduction, maybe the Claymores that would of turned in to ABs were killed by Luciela. The other half that was left alive were stuck doing guard duty at the Organization's bases till they replenish their ranks with new Claymores, keeping them safe from going on dangerous missions where they may awaken. This would lower the population of ABs already by a large amount. Most Claymores from Teresa's era must be newbies.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    I'm sure she did but now that you bring it up I hope not because I REALLY want to see Sistina or Lutecia.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 07, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yep, If Roxanne didn't ever die... that means there's still 1 more Resurrected Rank 1 Claymore, which we haven't seen. Licht, Chloe, Sistina, Lutecia, or maybe Teresa..., or maybe someone else... Irene?, Elena?, Flora?, etc... ??

[3 Ressurected Dead] + [Roxanne (if she never died-resurrected)]

[Hysteria+Cassandra+???] + [Roxanne (if she never died-resurrected)]

I base this speculation of Roxanne never dying, as she seems to know about the Resurrection Process... as if she was there alive and well... watching Dae Resurrect Hysteria+Cassandra+??? .... hehe

but, it's jsut speculation, that is probably not going to pan out...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a very simple reason fights with AB's were uncommon during Teresa's time. Teresa herself, LOL. I mean all the AB's with any brians probably figured it'd be safer to stay away from her, and not cause trouble.

I kinda hope Yagi does some extra scenes for the #1's. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the others. Or say, Galatea's dessertion and bieng persued by Dietrich, and how she ended up in Rabona as a Nun.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 08, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: nevermind

23. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

excellent point about Teresa, Super Angillis, hehe. Also, Irene could very well be a rank 1 herself. "It", Teresa+irene, was just a bit weaker than if Teresa and Priscilla could get along as ranks 1 and 2, with Priscilla not being ordered to execute teresa because -IF Scenario- teresa hadn't "betrayed" the IronClad Rule

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Claymore/119/26

Love! Absolutely love this picture of Roxanne. Just show her clever wickedness face. Nice name for her sword style too, "The Blade of Evil!" That is just exactly what I would call Roxanne sword style.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast