Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: What Do You Want Next Month's Color Pages To Be?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Three New Abyssal Ones

9 56.25%
  • Thabitha's Group

0 0%
  • Miria Fighting

0 0%
  • A Generic Color Page Group Shot

0 0%
  • Claire And Prisscilla

4 25.00%
  • Galatea. Who Cares What.

3 18.75%
New Reply

Thread: Chapter 120- Awakening And Abyss- Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 120- Awakening And Abyss- Review

Claymore Chapter 120- Awakening and Abyss- Review

Hello Everybody. After a month, it is once more time for a chapter of Claymore, and once more time for my review of said chapter. But first, the results of last months poll. I asked everyone what they wanted to see this month. Surprisingly nobody wanted to see the Organizations members shaking in fear. One person wanted to see more of what was happening with Hysteria. Three People wanted to see why Dae wasn't worried about Cassandra awakening. Surprisingly the option of seeing Galatea in the bath only tied for number one, with nine votes. I honestly figured that choice was going to win by a landslide, but it seems just as many of you were curious about seeing Cassandra's Awakened form.

Dust Eater, Awakened-
    We open with the awakening of Cassandra. And it is freaky. I mean seriously WTF. Oh and Audery, Raecheal and Nina are all still alive. But the one with the most to say is Roxanne. She finds Cassandra's new for hilarious. She thinks it's even funnier that Cassandra is using a more literal version of the Dust Eater. She doesn't think it's funny that Cassandra ate her arm. And declares that Roxanne “tastes like shit.” The Shrimp Twins are so amazed by the sight of a Creature of the Abyss that Miria has to step in to save them. Miria orders the twins to grab the injured and run. But Miria has a big problem of her own...
    And so we see Cassandra's awakened form. I'm not going to try and describe it, but it is fairly bizarre and grotesque. It's kinda sad as she seems to have been the kindest of the three revived #1's. Roxanne of course finds it hilarious, but she stopped laughing very quickly. This just goes as a reminder that when a Claymore awakens, the power increase is considerable. And then when the big heads get something, the way Cassandra's real head gets the tasting/chewing expression. It's kinda creepy, horrifying, and funny all in one. We also see that the Shrimps have a long ways to go before they would actually be replacing Alicia and Beth. They froze up seeing Cassandra's awakened form, but Miria saved them, and gave them new orders. Since they are supposed to take Nina, Raecheal, and Audery away, I figure that they should survive, unless one of the Abyssal Ones actively chase them. That said, I'm not so sure that the twins can recover all the missing limbs. Well maybe Cynthia can fix them up, but unless the three are all defensive types, they probably won't be able to regenerate fully.

Elegance, and Desperation-
    While Miria might want to keep an eye on the biggest threat, Cassandra, Hysteria has other ideas. Like still trying to kill Miria. And she's started to see through Miria's attacks, enabling her to cut off Miria's left arm. Miria decides that this calls for desperate measures. So desperate that Miria lets her right arm get chopped off in order to stick her sword through Hysteria's chest. But this isn't enough to kill Hysteria, and she moves to finish off the helpless Miria. But the Phantom isn't helpless. She goads Hysteria into going for the killing blow, but instead gets a fatal strike on Hysteria using one of the fallen claymore. Miria tells Hysteria that even though Hysteria died before, she never wanted to have to kill another warrior.
    Well Miria finally beats Hysteria, not by being faster, or stronger, but by being smarter, and not caring how it looked, just as long as she won. In the end Hysteria seemed a little touched, or maybe amused by Miria still considering her a fellow warrior. Seems like Miria must be getting quite a bit of experience re-attaching her arms by now. If she ever looses one permanently, who want's to bet Tabitha will gladly offer a replacement?

Dae's Desire-
    Of course with a new Abyssal One running around Miria has no time to stop and rest. She figures she's better try to team up with Roxanne in order to save everyone. Might have worked too, if Cassandra hadn't already ripped off all of Roxanne's limbs, and wasn't munching on them. Roxanne finds that Cassandra still fights the same way funny. But all Cassandra has to say to Roxanne is that she tastes like shit. And Miria realizes things are much worse than she thought, as rather than being dead, Hysteria is awakening. And the watching Dae is finding all this very entertaining. Rubel shows up, and we find out that Dae kept the corpses of the former number ones around because he considered them his best work, particularly the three he revived. But he didn't mind sacrificing them like this. He knew that they'd inevitably awaken. But he really has to see just what the hell that arm he used is. See, Dae figures that the organization is done for. From the moment all the warriors rebelled it was over. So he figures at least he'll lure out whatever the arm with that much power came from, as one last hurrah's. And now Roxanne begins her awakening as well...

Okay, the fan the shit has hit. Miria has just found herself surrounded by three Abyssal ones. This is probably about as bad as being stuck between the Destroyer and Priscilla. Even if the other ghosts and their allies get there soon, It's not going to help much. With luck the three will be fighting each other, but if Hysteria still want's to kill Miria, she's, as Bender would put it, boned. And it seems that this is just what Dae want's. He's probably right, and the organization is done for. And if Priss really does show up then it goes double. Then again if Priss shows up, what about Claire? We'll just have to wait and see.

Have I waited long enough?

Winner of the Month-
    Rubel. Because he has effectively achieved his goal. He wanted the Organization to collapse due to a failed experiment, and I think that's just what's happening right now. Hell the collateral damage alone from the three fighting ought to do it.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 120- Awakening And Abyss- Review

My most memorable moment in all 120 chapters:

Awakened Cassandra literrally being a Dust Eater and not minding one "bite, i mean bit (hehe - could resist the pun)", if she gets some Roxanne body parts chomped up too, then she goes and LICKS... LICKS... LICKS... Roxanne's face (EPIC EPIC EPIC), and then she comments about it, about Roxanne, "You Taste Like Shit (EPIC EPIC EPIC)".

Shy people (and Claymores)... have a reason for being shy, lol They got a side to them that you don't want to know about.

----------------------

What I learned from Cassandra:

"Beware Elves that are low to the ground."

------------------------

What about Raftela, Raki, and the Trainees, has everyone forgotten about them? Is (Awakened or Regenerated) Roxanne going to fight Awakened Cassandra or go fight/kill Raftela ???

------------------------

Does anyone else notices Rubel's grin...

Is poor Dae going to be killed by Rubel, before he gets to see Rubel's ultimate weapon... Butterfly Aizen hatching out of the cacoon blob, or is Rubel going to show Dae a being even more powerful, his-Rubel's true form, and why he's the real-true leader of the Organization... ???

-----------------------------

If Miria dies....

Clare won't be needed... as Tabatha will pwn everything, even Priscilla, or worse! hehe

------------------------

Hysteria is the opposite of Roxanne.

Roxanne lies that she hates "ugly" stuff, as she's actually quite fond of using/doing "ugly" stuff.

Hysteria truly does hate "ugly" stuff, she cares more about honorable combat, winning by pure talent/Ability, over "ugly" tricks, even at the cost of her life, well 2nd life, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 06, 2011 at 03:38 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Chapter 120- Awakening And Abyss- Review

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    My most memorable moment in all 120 chapters:

Awakened Cassandra literrally being a Dust Eater and not minding one "bite, i mean bit (hehe - could resist the pun)", if she gets some Roxanne body parts chomped up too, then she goes and LICKS... LICKS... LICKS... Roxanne's face (EPIC EPIC EPIC), and then she comments about it, about Roxanne, "You Taste Like Shit (EPIC EPIC EPIC)".

Shy people (and Claymores)... have a reason for being shy, lol They got a side to them that you don't want to know about.
    Yeah, but it seems like for Claymores that side only comes out when they start eating people doesn't it.
    ----------------------

What I learned from Cassandra:

"Beware Elves that are low to the ground."

------------------------

What about Raftela, Raki, and the Trainees, has everyone forgotten about them? Is (Awakened or Regenerated) Roxanne going to fight Awakened Cassandra or go fight/kill Raftela ???
    Right now they have bigger problems. Roxanne was the only one who seemed to realize that Rafetela was doing anything, and well, she was a little busy this chapter. The Org was looking for them, but I think they probably forgot about that with an AO right outside.

------------------------

Does anyone else notices Rubel's grin...

Is poor Dae going to be killed by Rubel, before he gets to see Rubel's ultimate weapon... Butterfly Aizen hatching out of the cacoon blob, or is Rubel going to show Dae a being even more powerful, his-Rubel's true form, and why he's the real-true leader of the Organization... ???
    Nah. like I said in my review, this just makes Rubel's mission a sucess. And even if the revolt didn't actually destroy the organization, the three AO sure will. It's all just perfect for Rubel's spy mission. Or he might be smiling because he does know who's arm that was. Rubel is pretty on top of it, and he's kept info from the organization from the organization before. I can't help but remember what he said to Claire way back after the Rabona Yoma hunt. It sure sounded like he was describing Priss as the strongest awakened.
    -----------------------------

If Miria dies....

Clare won't be needed... as Tabatha will pwn everything, even Priscilla, or worse! hehe

------------------------

Hysteria is the opposite of Roxanne.

Roxanne lies that she hates "ugly" stuff, as she's actually quite fond of using/doing "ugly" stuff.

Hysteria truly does hate "ugly" stuff, she cares more about honorable combat, winning by pure talent/Ability, over "ugly" tricks, even at the cost of her life, well 2nd life, lol.
    Yeah, sounds like your appraisal of Hysteria is right on. Of course dying because of pride is not the best thing either. It also explains why Hysteria didn't hesitate to cut down her fellow warriors when she died. She was someone who placed beauty over her comrades. Although to me, that makes her uglier than Miria could ever be.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Claymore Chapter 120- Awakening and Abyss- Review
    We also see that the Shrimps have a long ways to go before they would actually be replacing Alicia and Beth. They froze up seeing Cassandra's awakened form, but Miria saved them, and gave them new orders. Since they are supposed to take Nina, Raecheal, and Audery away, I figure that they should survive, unless one of the Abyssal Ones actively chase them. That said, I'm not so sure that the twins can recover all the missing limbs. Well maybe Cynthia can fix them up, but unless the three are all defensive types, they probably won't be able to regenerate fully.
    The twins has already reattached their limbs.

I think we learn a few things from this chapter.

1. Roxanne is really crazy, not the crazy good type but the crazy as in insane type.
    2. The organization is clueless about Priscilla minus Dae and Rubel.

One thing I don't understand about this chapter or the last one was. Why didn't any of the former #1 done a YR? I mean I can kind of see why Cassandra and Hysteria didn't YR but not Roxanne. Cassandra turned in to an AO before she has a chance to YR, Hysteria had too much pride and was caught off guard and cut down but Roxanne! She was charging in to an AO, clearly if there been a time to release ones yoki, that would be the time.

Maybe Yagi is just trying to keep the story moving to keep things exciting but I think giving us a glimps of a the three former #1 fighting with their YR would been cool at least.
    Last edited by Khorr; November 06, 2011 at 09:26 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't referring to the twins limbs. I was reffering to those of Nina, Audery, and Raecheal. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I didn't see Miria attaching one of her arms back. I think she only attached one of them. I'm wondering if Yagi is going to skip this in the next chapter. LOL!

Wait, Is Yagi following Kishimoto footstep!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that wether or not Miria gets both arms back on will depend on if she's fast enough to do so before Roxxy and hysteria finish their awakenings. If she can't well I'm sure that if she can't Tabitha will be more than happy to lend her one. And now I must try to keep myself from making the filthy joke that springs to mind.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Winner of the Month-
    Rubel. Because he has effectively achieved his goal. He wanted the Organization to collapse due to a failed experiment, and I think that's just what's happening right now. Hell the collateral damage alone from the three fighting ought to do it.
    This. He's barely had to do anything to get everything he wanted. He only had to open his mouth or keep it shut at opportune moments. I kinda hope he dies now.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    The twins has already reattached their limbs.

I think we learn a few things from this chapter.

1. Roxanne is really crazy, not the crazy good type but the crazy as in insane type.
    2. The organization is clueless about Priscilla minus Dae and Rubel.

One thing I don't understand about this chapter or the last one was. Why didn't any of the former #1 done a YR? I mean I can kind of see why Cassandra and Hysteria didn't YR but not Roxanne. Cassandra turned in to an AO before she has a chance to YR, Hysteria had too much pride and was caught off guard and cut down but Roxanne! She was charging in to an AO, clearly if there been a time to release ones yoki, that would be the time.

Maybe Yagi is just trying to keep the story moving to keep things exciting but I think giving us a glimps of a the three former #1 fighting with their YR would been cool at least.
    Don't know about Cassandra and Roxxanne, but Hysteria did use her YR: her improved phantom technique works by using a instanteaneous YR realease near 80%, just like Miria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Don't know about Cassandra and Roxxanne, but Hysteria did use her YR: her improved phantom technique works by using a instanteaneous YR realease near 80%, just like Miria.
    I would hardly call that a yoki release at all. The eye changing, muscle bulging, fangs growing, voice distorting yoki release is the one I'm talking about.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, I don't think the manga ever explains Hysteria's "Elegant Step", whether she's using No YR, some YR, or near 80% YR like how Miria's Phantom Step uses, but I could be wrong, as my memory could be mistaken on this.

----------------

the manga does finally explain ****MIRIA's**** Phantom Step:

Fact: Miria sends out a Burst of YR near 80% (from near 0% YR to near 80% YR and then it immediately drops back to near 0% YR, near instantanously - think of it as like a drag race car able to achieve massive acceleration in such a short-limited amount of time, but then the car immediately comes to a dead stop again - compared to a commercial car for normal driving), which causes her Phantom Step Speed, ...

My Opinion of-on Understanding it: ...but she must do this repeatedly, and these repeated high YR Bursts of Yoki, quickly drain her Yoki and exhaust-fatigue her too. Which, is why she has to use it so sparingly, ideally as a finishing move. Over the course of the manga, she improves - becomes more powerful, enabling her to do the Phantom Step a bit more often, then priorly, but still not by that much.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 08, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

And since Hysteria's elegant step is in the same vein and Miria's, it's more than reasonable to assume she also uses a quick, but much better controled burst of YR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply