Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisekoi Hangout Thread

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I just feel the need to say that the thing I've grown to love about Nisekoi, beyond anything else, has been the expressiveness of it's character art.

Like in chapter 32 in the scene with the umbrella and the lightening. That scene could have been nothing special but the expressive drawing of the characters made it special. That's something I think has been true of Nisekoi in general. I'm not sure that it's doing anything "original" persay but the art makes the characters emotions so tangible that I can't help but be pulled in. I love it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, seems like mangareader hasnt up'd it yet.
    But anyway, chapter 33.

Can Nisekoi please stop being so damn hilarious, I mean seriously, that police thing was just done so well... and then everyone's reaction
    to Raku's actions in the nurse room
    Anyway, I like this new girl with that pampered yet strong persona. Her father being the police head answered why raku's father made that promise. But is it just me or Chitoge is actually caring about what Raku is up to now ? All that sneaking Onodera is just so adorable this chapter too.
    About where the plot is going, I initially had a problem with it being turned into a obvious harem but now I have no problem with it being a harem because all the characters are so interesting and unlike
    most harems, the ero-fanservice is kept at a minimum and I think I would like it if it were to continue this way.

I have the feeling that Nisekoi will be all about developing the characters and
    letting us see whoever is most suitable for Raku instead of the keys thing which in the end might not really matters, especially when it comes to love.
    I believe it's obvious that Nisekoi is a character-driven manga than a plot-driven one now, if anything
    The year hasn't end but this manga had already possessed a soft spot in my heart.

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks goes to MoeShare for the quick scans.
    Spoiler: Chapter 35: Explode show
    Last edited by Knifeshade; July 19, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
    -

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Thanks goes to MoeShare for the quick scans.
    Spoiler: Chapter 35: Explode show
    Finally!

I still hope to learn more about Tachibana.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw Chapter 36 JP raws. So just gonna share some highlights.
    Spoiler show

CH scans should be out by tomorrow afternoon (according to my source anyway). Soon.

---------- Post added July 29, 2012 at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2012 at 05:40 PM ----------

Spoiler: Chapter 36: Three Keys show
    Last edited by Knifeshade; July 28, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
    -

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Onodera is starting to pull out of the race because the photo of Chitoge that Raku had and Raku still doesn't how to handle the whole key mess but still likes Onodera, I think the world is going to keep those two apart.
    Last edited by masgrande; July 30, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of get the feeling that no matter who the promised girl is, Raku's heart is with Onodera. Chitoge will always be my favorite, but since the beginning his feelings for Onodera have been unwavering.

At first I didn't much like Mari, but as the story progresses I find her more and more amusing. I especially like when she breaks character, acting unrefined.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. For some reason I get the feeling that Onodera won't be the girl he ends up with. She just seems so...incredibly plain. Chitoge should be the one. They just kinda match.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I don't know. For some reason I get the feeling that Onodera won't be the girl he ends up with. She just seems so...incredibly plain. Chitoge should be the one. They just kinda match.
    I think calling her plain is a bit unfair, more like Chitoge is outshining her. Onodera is more of the calm/shy type so it's definitely hard for her to compete with the other two but I do find her interesting.

Can't decide for a favourite yet but for the moment I would probably go with Chitoge too.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I think calling her plain is a bit unfair, more like Chitoge is outshining her. Onodera is more of the calm/shy type so it's definitely hard for her to compete with the other two but I do find her interesting.

Can't decide for a favourite yet but for the moment I would probably go with Chitoge too.
    I partially agree with you. She is rather calm and gentle and Chitoge is outshining her, but she shouldn't. If Onodera loves Raku, she should fight for him. Steal Chitoge's spotlight and show some passion, some affection. I rarely ever get the impression that she would do anything to get him, while Chitoge is slowly developing feelings for Raku and reacts with jealousy to Mari's provocations.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I partially agree with you. She is rather calm and gentle and Chitoge is outshining her, but she shouldn't. If Onodera loves Raku, she should fight for him. Steal Chitoge's spotlight and show some passion, some affection. I rarely ever get the impression that she would do anything to get him, while Chitoge is slowly developing feelings for Raku and reacts with jealousy to Mari's provocations.
    but isn't that just wishful thinking? Of course I would love it when she gets more active (and I'm pretty sure she will at some point) but that's her character - would be awkward if she would pull a Chitoge now and get all jealous etc

She will have to act at some point but she will do it in her own way, probably approaching Raku in a calm way while being totally nervous. Komi knows how to handle his characters so I have faith that it will turn out entertaining, fun and cute.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everyone (almost) here is for Chitoge, me included. I agree Onodera is too plain, and her being shy is not an excuse, there are plenty interesting characters like that. Komi should make her better, give her some particularity, or else she will definitely lose in comparison with Chitoge. It would be better if readers were divided between the two (three) of them, after all she is the one Raku likes so it’s also probable he’ll end up with her and most people wouldn’t be satisfied with that at this rate. As for Mari, it's too soon to say anything, but I think someone introduced this late into the series will end up being the one.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nisekoi volume 3 getting some nice promotion.

22. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess is getting popular, the manga also had a small cameo on Hayate no Gotoku
    Here is a link.
    please click on them to help them grow.

24. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read chap. 37, and I think it might have been the best Nisekoi chapter we’ve had in a while. The part with Mari’s dad was soooo funny. «So, is your girlfriend the girl you like?» «Ermmm…». I think Komi has a talent for creating interesting dads... I remember in Double Arts I really liked Kiri's dad, although he wasn’t a major character.
    By the way, did you notice that the initial ideas of DA and Nisekoi are similar? DA was about a boy and a girl being forced to hold hands forever, and Nisekoi is about a boy and a girl being forced to date.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast