Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisekoi Hangout Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapters 39 & 40 are out. It's a good thing scans are catching up.

Spoiler show

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 40 is really cute.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think that Claude might be a huge idiot.
    please click on them to help them grow.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    Chapters 39 & 40 are out. It's a good thing scans are catching up.

Spoiler show
    That typhoon part was my favorite.
    Really loved that chapter. It was a much-needed one. It's nice to see Onodera likes him just as much as Raku likes her.

Nice sig btw.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I thought of a presentation phrase for Nisekoi. What do you think of this: «A manga about a constant city-scale destruction menace due to irregular relationships between yakuza, gangsters and the police, and their leaders' respective sons». I think it depicts the universe of Nisekoi quite well .

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I'm starting to think that Claude might be a huge idiot.
    Claude is the biggest lie the mangaka has told us. He makes Claude suspect that Raku & Chitoge's relationship is fake so that we believe he is the clever guy in the middle of the idiot yakuza and the idiot gangsters, but really he just suspects them because he himself doesn't want to believe it's true, and not because he deduced it cleverly. So in the end we find out that no, to rule stupid gangsters one doesn't have to be a more clever gangster, but instead a more idiot gangster. So yes basically he's a huge idiot and I should add idiot before "yakuza" and "gangsters" in my presentation phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    Anyone else rooting for a Raku/Tsugumi ending. Kind of sucks that I'm rooting for the least likely pairing to occur, but dammit, I like Tsugumi .
    As much as I like Tsugumi, I don't think she will ever be a character to seriously consider as a candidate for Raku. Tsugumi's role just isn't that, she's a funny character but not a funny candidate. Her role is more like Shuu's or Ruri's, she's useful for interactions between the characters but for me she doesn't actually count as a Raku-candidate. Tsugumi is a faithful helper of Chitoge, and even loving Raku she would never take him away from Chitoge, it's just a scenario that doesn't fit. Of course, that does not prevent her from being funny, interesting, and/or important to the story, nor does it stop the author from developing her or giving her more attention, and I look forward to more funny moments with her related to her love for Raku. I'm just saying I think it's best to apreciate her just as a non-candidate character (and a very good one), though I feel sorry for people who are really rooting for that ending. Well, you never know, with Nisekoi .

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    That typhoon part was my favorite.
    Really loved that chapter. It was a much-needed one. It's nice to see Onodera likes him just as much as Raku likes her.

Nice sig btw.
    Thanks. It's actually thanks to you that I have this sig, you wrote about The Walking Man in another thread and I felt like reading it again, and my eye cought this picture, to which I added the Kanji tsuki. (Sorry for the off-topic)
    Yes it was an important chapter, and sweet too .

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    By the way, I thought of a presentation phrase for Nisekoi. What do you think of this: «A manga about a constant city-scale destruction menace due to irregular relationships between yakuza, gangsters and the police, and their leaders' respective sons». I think it depicts the universe of Nisekoi quite well .

As much as I like Tsugumi, I don't think she will ever be a character to seriously consider as a candidate for Raku. Tsugumi's role just isn't that, she's a funny character but not a funny candidate. Her role is more like Shuu's or Ruri's, she's useful for interactions between the characters but for me she doesn't actually count as a Raku-candidate. Tsugumi is a faithful helper of Chitoge, and even loving Raku she would never take him away from Chitoge, it's just a scenario that doesn't fit. Of course, that does not prevent her from being funny, interesting, and/or important to the story, nor does it stop the author from developing her or giving her more attention, and I look forward to more funny moments with her related to her love for Raku. I'm just saying I think it's best to apreciate her just as a non-candidate character (and a very good one), though I feel sorry for people who are really rooting for that ending. Well, you never know, with Nisekoi .
    I think rather than irregular relationships, love rectangle depicts the condition perfectly

For Tsugumi's role, yeah I feel that too. She's too loyal to Chitoge, to take Raku away from her is just unlikely considering her personality (even though she was imagining nasty things, back then). One thing that a little bit annoys me is that she is kinda disadvantaged by such situation, where Onodera and Marisa basically have the same "chance" with Chitoge to be Raku's spouse.

Spoilers for Chapter 41 and 42

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 20, 2012 at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was September 14, 2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

Chapter 41 is out, in case you haven't read it yet. Honestly I don't mind if we get several episodic chapters in a while, It's good to reduce the tension

It's funny how Chitoge is not only being a tsundere towards Raku, but to a puppy as well
    Last edited by Doraku; September 13, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The dog going at her all the time was just.... it was a really enjoyable chapter for me, Raku and Chitoge are always win. And while Chitoge may not be easy to handle she can be so upperly cute. It was nice to see that she got close to the dog too and how Raku cared for her at the end. Her face when she had to give the dog away was just soo

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't really like the chapter much to be honest. Waaay to cliché.
    Though it was nice to get a softer side to Chitoge.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't really like the chapter much to be honest. Waaay to cliché.
    Though it was nice to get a softer side to Chitoge.
    Well it was cliche but Chitoge/Raku is always great for me. The expressions Komi draws never fail either.

So I guess I understand where you're coming from, I'm probably just too much of a Chitoge fanboy

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well it was cliche but Chitoge/Raku is always great for me. The expressions Komi draws never fail either.

So I guess I understand where you're coming from, I'm probably just too much of a Chitoge fanboy
    Fair enough. :P

Wonder if Komi will continue with those episodic chapters. School should start soon, but I guess another calm chapter with them hanging out should be nice.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. :P

Wonder if Komi will continue with those episodic chapters. School should start soon, but I guess another calm chapter with them hanging out should be nice.
    In chapter 42, we would get another mini-arc going on. Festival theme . Honestly I prefer lighthearted episodic chapters, since I don't want Nisekoi main storyline progressing too fast and becomes dull in the end.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

But at the same time, there's only so much before it feels like you're dragging it out in a repetitive fashion without making ends meet.

Can anybody picture this going longer than 200 chapters? I've had mixed feelings ever since Marika was introduced to the story and the yakuza vs gangster problematic hook disappeared. Yes, we still see Raku and Chitoge pretend to be in a relationship. But infront of everybody who knows they're faking it (minus two), it doesn't have that same grasp like when it was first introduced, it feels forced now, and we're continuously just watching ideas being thrown at the wall and seeing what sticks.

/shrugs

Love the Chitoge x Raku moments, though.
    -

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This has started to bore me. The chapters were fun, but the fun feels repetitive. It also leaves me apprehending every time we get to have a chapter out of the actual plot, the end comes next or else the drag feels forced. This is like Bleach anime with lots of fillers.

I will wait for more chapters before I get back to reading this.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yes, the problem with this sort of story is that it’s not suited for a long-run. However, so far, it has not been boring to me. Even though maybe I liked the first chapters more, so far recent chapters have not disappointed me too. You may call some chapters filler, but I think Komi manages really well the interactions between the characters and manages to create a nice atmosphere in those chapters, so I don’t feel like it’s too repetitive yet, and this sort of story evolution makes the author use his strong points… I think it’s just a question of whether you like it or not. For me most Nisekoi chapters are fresh, have quality and humor… But it’s true I don’t see Nisekoi becoming a very long series at all, it would just become a stupid harem manga not different from the others, and I think Komi knows when to stop before it becomes too boring, and find a good proportion between story progress and episodic chapters.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else get turned on by a blushing Onodera?? I did . Also, am I sensing a ShuuxRuri pairing??

Lastly, who do you think dressed the best?? Onodera, Chitoge, Tsugumi, or Tachibana?? my pick is Chitoge. Her hair held up looked great and fit perfectly with the Yukata.

P.S.: love Chitoge misunderstanding Raku's gesture. Probably my favourite moment in the series so far.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast