Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisekoi Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEW] Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I was not such a fan of the chapter. Most of it was cliché as hell. I guess only Ichijou didn't see the mum thing from kilometers away.
    So far, what annoys me the most in the story building is how they can make everyone believe they are in love when there is not a single frame where they are not arguing. So i expect the relation between them 2 will evolve. The fact that beside her gorilla cooking the cake was good may point toward the good direction

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

For me part of this series' charm is that even though they literally do almost nothing but argue everyone around them still thinks they are madly in love, including the gangsters/yakuza (except for one...). It's cute to put it bluntly.

I think the problem most people are having with this series is that Double Arts has gotten built up to some sort of legendary status on the internet and everyone was expecting something over-the-top awesome and Naoshi delivered something subtle. Not bad mind you, I think he did return in a fantastic fashion, but better than I could have hoped since he did it in a way that no one expected. This will be a series that, if left in the magazine long enough, will begin to grow on most people who read it I believe.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    For me part of this series' charm is that even though they literally do almost nothing but argue everyone around them still thinks they are madly in love, including the gangsters/yakuza (except for one...). It's cute to put it bluntly.
    I think Nisekoi shares a lot of what made Double Arts charming: engaging, likable character and a fun little twist to the premise. Like DA, there is nothing revolutionary about Nisekoi. Double Arts had a nice little twist in that the hero could not let go of the heroine, even when fighting. Niseokoi has the nice twist of making the potential rival the female lead. Nothing groundbreaking but fun twists that could push the story into an interesting, unique direction later on.

Quote Quote:
    I think the problem most people are having with this series is that Double Arts has gotten built up to some sort of legendary status on the internet and everyone was expecting something over-the-top awesome and Naoshi delivered something subtle. Not bad mind you, I think he did return in a fantastic fashion, but better than I could have hoped since he did it in a way that no one expected. This will be a series that, if left in the magazine long enough, will begin to grow on most people who read it I believe.
    I think disappointment in genre has a lot to do with Nisekoi's reception. Supernatural manga were so dominant for so long that there was bound to be someone disappointed that Komi abandoned magic boy manga. While non-supernatural has a much bigger following now, there was bound to be fans that do not enjoy any manga that do not involve magic.

Double Arts was a very charming serious whose myth does not live up to it's reality. Like Nisekoi it starred a very charming, likable cast. Unfortunately it was also clear that it ended because Komi had no idea how to write an action manga. Once they left Kiri's town, he knew where he wanted to send the characters but clearly had no idea what he wanted them to do on the way their. Kiri and Elraine just kind of wandered off, fought a bad guy who popped out of nowhere with only bare explanation of motive, then kept walking. There was no narrative coherence. That is probably why it crashed so hard, once introductions were done and Komi moved from character to plot focused, all narrative coherence was lost. For me, at least, I was upset about Double Arts lost potential and sad I would not get to know Kiri and Elraine better. I was not under any illusion that Double Arts was a great manga, fun though it was. His change in genre was a canny move as he does not need to worry about switching from a character driven manga to plot driven. The focus can stay on what Komi is good at without having to think up a magic power or enemies with complex motivations. A light novel with pictures will be enough for a fun, entertaining manga.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I was not such a fan of the chapter. Most of it was cliché as hell. I guess only Ichijou didn't see the mum thing from kilometers away.
    So far, what annoys me the most in the story building is how they can make everyone believe they are in love when there is not a single frame where they are not arguing. So i expect the relation between them 2 will evolve. The fact that beside her gorilla cooking the cake was good may point toward the good direction
    They are a cute, bickering couple, I suppose. And they are basically inseparable.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoying this manga XDD I think it's really cute and I've taken a liking to the different characters. I wonder how long Komi wants to keep this running for. I'd imagine as long as possible. I'm keen on seeing how it could develop as a long running series
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Because i've never read double arts, I'm not disappointed.
    and really, because I don't read double arts, I don't even care.

I'm just really enjoying this manga, it's been a long time since I had so much fun reading/watching a romcom since Toradora!
    This reminds me so much of toradora, the wise friend, the quarreling friends who might eventually fall in love..and the crush.
    In 8 chapters, it captivated me and I'm looking forward to how things will develop.
    To be honest, few mangas do the same.
    I don't really understand why plot holds such importance, it is a slice of life and a comedy, I'm sure it will get serious when the story reaches
    it's later half at it's own pace..
    so just sit back, enjoy the chapter and the cute entertainment it provides over a cup of tea..just be sure not to spill it all out later
    The only problem that I think Nisekoi will face is the reusing of comedy uh, devices and hopefully it won't get old.

Chapter 7 had me laughing so much, and the "nervous breakdown" Now, i hope that uh, the friend with glasses will give him
    advice on what to do next and that he will take "onodera likes me?!" seriously. I don't want him to shake it off like "nah, impossible" and
    have him think the same thing for upcoming chapters. This a good chance to change things

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

thank you for create it ... i want to discuss about it ...

Chapter 13, i got confused about promise ... but i wonder , am i allow to post about recent chapter or Rule apply on this thread? ( wait for 48 hour to pass then disscus about it without ruin somebody don't chance to read manga)

and anybody explain "Double arts " ?

Give chance to Komi Naoshi to develop action since Komi was good at Romance and Comedy and give time to Komi's skill on action manga...
    Last edited by raptor02_2001; February 10, 2012 at 04:07 AM.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    and anybody explain "Double arts " ?
    Doublt Arts is a series that Komi serialized before Nisekoi.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, This weeks chapter(chapter 16) is GREAT!

It doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before but that doesn't matter because it does it soooo well.

I had absolutely no idea Tsugumi was a girl but the moment it was revealed she was everything about this chapter's dialogue clicks into place. It so rare that an author can pull that off this smoothly.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 25, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I wonder if Kirisaki knows Tsugumi is a girl. Well, she must know but in page 10 (11 in online readers) she refers to Tsugumi as him "He wouldn't fight bare handed". I don't know if it was ImperialScans mistake(because they were using kid when Kirisaki refers to Tsugumi) or she didn't about her conditions.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that is great latest chapter ... poor guy got misunderstand ...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be the joy-killer but I don't have any fun reading this serie, so I think I will put it on hold for the moment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsugumi-chan is soooo cute

Ch. 17 Spoiler
    Spoiler show

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    Now I wonder if Kirisaki knows Tsugumi is a girl. Well, she must know but in page 10 (11 in online readers) she refers to Tsugumi as him "He wouldn't fight bare handed". I don't know if it was ImperialScans mistake(because they were using kid when Kirisaki refers to Tsugumi) or she didn't about her conditions.
    Spoiler show

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks, Negative. But I've read chapter 15 after my previous post, and there Tsugumi says they used to bath together in the past, so I've figured it out. Other hint in chapter 15, very subtle, is when Kirisaki ask her why she was dressed like that and everyone thinks it is because the uniform is different.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike how this seems to turn into a harem manga.Other than that,the last chapters were quite enjoyable.

New Reply
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast