Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisekoi Hangout Thread

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Nisekoi Hangout Thread

Nisekoi
    Author: Komi Naoshi
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance
    Serialization: Weekly Shonen JUMP
    Mangaupdates

Spoiler: One-shot Synopsis show
    Last edited by raDar; November 06, 2011 at 07:25 AM. Reason: synopsis

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEW] Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Oh wow, this is one hell of a convoluted rom-com. I wonder how Komi's going to pull it off?? if I had to compare it with Kagami, the only other rom-com series in the magazine, Kagami's first chapter wins. As for now, I'll just wait and see. But so far, Kagami in my eyes, has the edge.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The summary is wrong, raDar. That summary is about the oneshot, the series is a little different.

Anyway, chapter 1 is okay. Nothing spectacular, nothing really bad; just normal.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I noticed that too since I just copy-pasted from MU. Anyways, I spoiler-tagged it since there's no available synopsis yet.

As for the series, I really liked how Komi split the original female protag from the one-shot into two (the one he made the promise with and the one he'll have to pretend with). Which I think helped make this series have more potential to be longer and interesting. After reading chapter 1, it's somewhat clear that it will go more into the Romance side rather than action school-life so can we assume that this will be Kagami's potential rival in the magazine?

For now, I think this series can be very fun and cute so let's hope for its (Komi's) survival.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the first chapter...more than the oneshot actually. I laughed quite a bit plus it looks like it'll be a classic cute kind of series from Naoshi. I hope this does well.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I concur, the first chapter was funny. Really glad Naoshi's back, too. I love the way he draws peoples faces and the story seems like it could be quite interesting. I especially like Ichijou and his Yakuza "underlings" interaction. Both female leads are also interesting in their own ways, though it appears Onodera is going to be the "straight man."

I like how the Yakuza are made to look "cute," like the guy who got his ear shot off .
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I liked the first chapter more than the one-shot. The addition of the childhood love interest makes things a lot more interesting. I was a bit worried that Komi had changed his artwork for the worse based on the magazine cover, but the actual chapter proved that it's still as good as ever, if only just a bit different. I'm a fan of Kagami though, and I really hope that both series don't compete to much. I hope they can both survive.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rei Ayanami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked how the focus was more on the wackyness of the families of Raku & Chitoge then the classmates in the oneshot.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I really liked the first chapter...more than the oneshot actually. I laughed quite a bit plus it looks like it'll be a classic cute kind of series from Naoshi. I hope this does well.
    I feel the same, chapter one is a definite improvement. Adding Onodero was a great move, the tension between the three is going to make for a lot of fun, especially when he and Kagami inevitably develop feelings for each other.

Over all, I am impressed. The art was an improvement over his previous work, including the one shot. His characters have become more express, the posture and body language a little more fluidly drawn. Funny chapter too, especially when Kagami beat Ichijou. The letter, when she found the locket, was hilarious too. Especially the pic of her giving him the finger. After waiting so long for a follow up to Double Arts, Nisekoi definitely met my expectations.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter indeed. I like how he also change the fact that Chitoge is now a transfer student. The fact that the others student think they go well together will make the fake love story more plausible than in the one shot.
    And I love the stupid yakusa, they make some very funny side characters. I suppose we will see the playboy from the Kirisake gang soon too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The yakuza were definitely funny, especially when they summoned a limo for "bocchan". I like that they look more like Yakuza than in the one shot. More scars, more tattoos, more bad mustaches. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Kirisake clan, they were funny in the one shot and expect I will like them in the serialization too.

I can't get over how well Komi set the series up. Making Kagami the obstacle, rather than destined one, should make for a much more interesting series. Even better that Onodera is a background character for now. With such strong leads he can take his time building her into a more interesting character.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

My favorite moment is when Ichijou realizes what the nostalgiac scent was: gunpowder

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that make the suspense about which of the 2 is the key girl last more. That part was also well done

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Inumaru's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a bit boring for a first chapter. I'll read till chapter 5 to decide if i'll follow this series or not.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Yeah that make the suspense about which of the 2 is the key girl last more. That part was also well done
    I have a feeling he will end up with Onodera in the end. She is his destined girl, after all. He and Kagami will have a brief dalliance, ultimately reject each other, but learn to be friends while bringing peace to their families. That assumes Komi does not have any tricks up his sleeve or desire to buck romcon tropes. Since everything he has ever written at least attempts to ignore tropes it may be a stretch to believe that Nisekoi will be nothing more than genre fodder. As Double Arts progressed it was clear how uncomfortable he was with action cliches, I doubt he will be any more comfortable with slice of life cliches.

Negative Syndicate

I have a feeling like Raku is kind of similar with Keitarou (from Love Hina).

Overall, it is very good chapter.

New Reply
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast