Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gon's Mother

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's mom anyone?

Talking about the unknow Zoldyek family kids...

Hmm, why would Kalluto need to join the Ryodan for it? It would need to be someone with connection with Ryodan.

Well, if we look for it more specifically in the Ryodan members themselves... it must be a guy with dark hair. Nobunaga os Phinks are nothing like the Zoldyek family, but Feitan appearanca is very very like them. There are also Kuroro and Hisoka (tinted hair) as possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in the manga (and in the anime) is said that Gon's mom is dead and Gin (in the middle of Gon`s mom funeral) gave his child (Gon ) to mito because his lifestyle is too dangereous for him. Maybe she was a Nen users but who cares :S alive or dead, she doesn´t make any difference in the story .

byee

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tenebrae's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not that i dont believe you but i dont remember it saying that could you provide a link to it in the manga?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HxHMangas32 View Post
    Well, in the manga (and in the anime) is said that Gon's mom is dead and Gin (in the middle of Gon`s mom funeral) gave his child (Gon ) to mito because his lifestyle is too dangereous for him. Maybe she was a Nen users but who cares :S alive or dead, she doesn´t make any difference in the story .

byee
    The manga never said such a thing..... Gin was about to elaborate on gon's mom but gon refused to hear about her. I don't recall the anime saying such a thing either. Also, she did NOT give gon to mito. Mito actually forced gin to give gon away, she fought for custody and stuff (If I do recall).

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Talking about the unknow Zoldyek family kids...

Hmm, why would Kalluto need to join the Ryodan for it? It would need to be someone with connection with Ryodan.

Well, if we look for it more specifically in the Ryodan members themselves... it must be a guy with dark hair. Nobunaga os Phinks are nothing like the Zoldyek family, but Feitan appearanca is very very like them. There are also Kuroro and Hisoka (tinted hair) as possibilities.
    Kuroro and Feitan are from Meteor City though. Itd have to be someone who joined later. Mummy wraps?? Still Illumi should have known who it was given his age and he frequently works with Hisoka and knows the Ryodan. I think its more likely the Ryodan are strong and just likely to cross paths with her brother if they keep causing disturbances globally and skilled assassins are hired to deal with them, so Kalluto jointed.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The manga never said such a thing..... Gin was about to elaborate on gon's mom but gon refused to hear about her. I don't recall the anime saying such a thing either. Also, she did NOT give gon to mito. Mito actually forced gin to give gon away, she fought for custody and stuff (If I do recall).
    You can read it here : http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/65/05/
    In the manga, mom's funeral do not appeared, but in the anime did. And you're right, Gon's mom DID NOT give Gon to mito, it was Gin who did it, i dont remember saying that -.- But Gon's mom is 100% dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I forgot, Mito didn´t fight for the custody and stuff Gin gave him to her along with the custody
    Last edited by HxHMangas32; July 23, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon's Mother

During Greed Island we saw a card twice called Pregnancy Stone where a person regardless of gender can become pregnant and choose the gender of the baby. After seeing that card large and clearly in one panel, I just felt like Gon doesn't have a mother, and that Ging was the one who was pregnant.

I know there's not much to go on but just a theory I wanted to throw out and hear others' thoughts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's Mother

i got once a theory for myself but forgot it. I think it was something like, that Gon ist the child of Ging and a Nencreated woman. Kinda like the "NPCS" in Greed Island and it would explain Gons hardcore talent and Nenamount, as he was feeded in the womb with "nen". ^^

With nen everything is possible.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that Gon's Mother IS the best Hunter/Nen User EVER and She is so hardcore that Ging every four years goes out to try find her. Maybe She's actually a bad girl and that's why She couldn't be with Gon without endangering him.

I know, too cliché...But I sorta like the idea.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2323 View Post
    During Greed Island we saw a card twice called Pregnancy Stone where a person regardless of gender can become pregnant and choose the gender of the baby. After seeing that card large and clearly in one panel, I just felt like Gon doesn't have a mother, and that Ging was the one who was pregnant.

I know there's not much to go on but just a theory I wanted to throw out and hear others' thoughts.
    Wait, but it doesn't make much sense. Ging created Greed Island 10 years ago, Gon was born before that.

Unless I'm mistaken.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a scenario similar to raizen's in yu yu hakusho? That is in my mind what happened with gon's mom. Ging met her and thought she was the coolest thing since sliced bread and feel head over hills for her. She died and was left with gon. As far as gon's talent, I think it is due to her dad more than anything (and perhaps his mom if she awesome enough to make ging fall for her). Ging was implied to be as talented as gon back in the day, its in his genes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Komugi is Gon's mother. Makes about as much sense any other scenario.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Remnant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It never really did cross my mind - the pregnant thing in Greed Island. It was too... sad to know? Baaah, Hunter x Hunter could fill up more than the needed information and still keep you mind****ed.

Anyway, up until now, what I've always thought is that it's some strong Nen user. Like what Phantron said, it could be Komugi. But Komugi hasn't shown any signs that Gon's really her son, so yeah, I'm thinking that it could still be one of the 5 best Hunters in the current generation. (One of the 5 best Hunters is his father, right? Chances are his mother could be one of them. :O)

Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately we don't a lot of information to determine who GON's mother is.... yet. but I believe this is worth reading.

Greed Island was created 2 yrs after GON was born (Greed Island Nen-game has 10 yrs since his creaton, GON being 12 at this time), so the possibilities of GON being conceived through Greed Island are extremely low.

Also GON doesn't belong to the Zoldick family, this because it's would be so un-interesting if KILLUA and GON where brothers / related, if I have learned something about this author is that the thrill and the story line is so rich, that doing something as simple as making them brothers would greatly reduce the story popularity, and no benefit would come of it.

I read someone saying KOMUI was his mother, cmon really? She is a child, plus GING would not be interested in a person willing to suicide over loosing a game of Gungi.

The manga, and I will only refer to the manga which is the real author story line (Old anime has some things wrong, Illumi being a girl is an example and other stuff you can research on the internet). Mito told GON that both their parents are dead (LIE), we already know that GING is alive, chances of GON's mother being alive are very high due to the tape GING recorded, there is no sense on keeping GON's mother information from him if she is dead, this is one of the first indications/clues we should follow.

Also GING recording was going to tell GON about his real mother. It never reads, let me tell you about how she died or how she was, no past tence, it was a simple, let me tell you about your mother (GON stops the tape at this time). This is another clear indication she is alive, 99% to 1% chance.

Also Ging clearly states "they are separated", dont forget that GING also states that Hunters are greedy people willing to leave everything behind in order to achieve their goals, what you are about to read is only theory I deduced of GING's message to GON... Theory: His mother being a hunter and Ging being a hunter himself, had diferent paths to follow, so they got "separated" (don't assume separation as in a couple just because they conceived GON), they both left GON behind (as cruel as it sounds, remember hunters are greedy) in order for them to achieve their goals (couldn't possibly do it with GON on his/her side).

I'm pretty sure that, eventually, GON's mother will make her appearence, his dad already did, and her mother is an even greater mistery than GING, no other clues have been given, there is a reason for this and only the author will know, any other theories will only be specullation unless clues are seen on the manga.

Gon's mother may be the greatest hunt on the whole storyline, keep looking for clues!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a feelong gons mother is either dead lost

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast