Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gon's Mother

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's Mother

Gon's mother is the World Tree.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

She left Ging's sorry ass because he was too much of a deadbeat bum and the bastard was always off excavating ruins instead of spending time with the family.

But anyway, not much evidence to speculate on. Three things to note:

- they "separated". This implies that the relationship was more than a one night stand (i assume the translation of "separated" from japanese is 100% accurate)

-the separation was NOT for an innocuous, justifiable reason, such as a nen curse or danger or whatnot. Otherwise, Ging would not have been hesitant to tell Gon the story in the tape.

- Gon's mom left the kid with Ging, instead of taking the kid away with her. What this means is that either: a.) she couldn't take Gon with her because she died or b.) she's even more irresponsible/indifferent than Ging. The only way to outdo Ging in terms of irresponsibility is to leave your only child with him in his care.
    Last edited by mousiehamster; May 08, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Theory: Psyche! Gon's mother is just a regular woman. She has basically got fed up with Ging's hunting obsession and they broke up. She means nothing for story.

5. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

hello in the manga when the tape scene happens gin says this is a recording of your mom, the last thing I hav...
    so she's probably dead... ;D probably a hunter too.

you know in hxh many hunters die... it's a dangerous job

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you notice everyone whos met gon up to now all say there is something dark and fearsome about him.
    And theres no limit to what he's willing to do! They all call him a BEAST! maybe gons mother is some kind of monster,maybe those two Dragons ging rode have some relations

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leavin View Post
    If you notice everyone whos met gon up to now all say there is something dark and fearsome about him.
    And theres no limit to what he's willing to do! They all call him a BEAST! maybe gons mother is some kind of monster,maybe those two Dragons ging rode have some relations
    Ging got frisky with the dragon?

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always had the theory that Gon's mother was an alien or maybe from the Dark Continent. It would fit with all the Gon=Goku parallels and could make for an interesting villain.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FFuuu's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Would make sense if Gon's mother was a woman who originally came from the dark continent. And just like Gon searched for Ging, he was chasing for her all along.

...not a storyline I would like tho.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Hunter exam again today... and wow after watching it and seeing Illumi reveal himself I about shit my pants. Look at his hair guys.... it's initially thick, immeasurably long, black, and wavy like Gon when he went adult form. I think the above poster may actually be right about Gon being related to the zoldyicks... holy shit

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

anybody else think that the last recording of Gon's mom was just nagging?

also what if Gon's mom was from another place like you know Ging + human-like species from another place *just watch GoT Season 4 Ep 4 :P*

or you know if they are don't have a lot of back story that means they are just nothing just like Lee Shioon's Dad in Breaker

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's mom anyone?

I was always under the impression that she died when Gon was really young. Why wouldn't his aunt tell him about his mother if the latter was still living.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's mom anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mioluva View Post
    I was always under the impression that she died when Gon was really young. Why wouldn't his aunt tell him about his mother if the latter was still living.
    I don't think she knew her. Gon is related to her aunt via her dad who is her cousin. Gin kinda just showed up at the island with gon and then she took him in.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon's aunt said that Gin said that He and Gon's mother were separated right. Gin is super strong and I am sure there is no where in the "regular world" he cannot go. The only logical choice would be that she is in the Dark Continent. Mothers do not usually part with there kids, so it must have been a reason. Maybe she knew that Gon and Gin as they were could not survive in the Dark Continent, and that why Gin has been preparing himself and Gon for a return there.

Gin has set plans in motion for Gon to get stronger. I bet Gon's mother is some type of royalty in the Dark Continent. Remember Togashi wrote Yu yu hakusho, and most Manga artist, who have more than manga of great length, usually have parallels between the 2 stories. Just how Yusuke's ancestor was a super strong demon general, it will be similar in this case as well

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i seriously doubt that gon' mother is irrelevant to the story she could be as in for now but i've got a feeling that later on she'll make an appearance ,if you fallow the logic of hxh we've seen netero from the start and he didn't seem that powerfull until you get to ant arc and you see he's been the strongest for a long time after that we get ging and pariston a whole new league until you finally see ging's confessing that he's not strong enough for the dark continent in conclusion what seem irrelevant in it's current arc doesn't mean it would be so in future ones, gon's mom she just can't be a regular woman the dude is way too powerful and intellectuel to settle for that so my money is on chess4's theory she's propably one of the top 5 nen users an elite or royalty in the Dark Continent.
    also i think when gon cut off the tape it wasn't gonna say she's dead, i'm guessing it was aa spoiler which we'll get back to it when the time for it will come
    Last edited by Arbalest; June 17, 2014 at 08:52 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3