Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What makes you read shoujo/josei?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the gorgeous art!

5 33.33%
  • The story plot is sweet and I like it.

9 60.00%
  • Shoujo/Josei series feature adorable characters!

2 13.33%
  • I'm just looking for the romance.

3 20.00%
  • Others (specify in post, please~)

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why do you read shoujo/josei series?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do you read shoujo/josei series?

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I don't really read Shoujo/Josei for the Art. I even found that this standardized flowery art plays against it. I wished there was more variety like there is in Seinen. But a good plot makes for it. I also like the little texts aparté. There are really typical of 'girl' manga and are usually really funny.
    That, perhaps, is one of the inviting points for romance fans. I can't say for everyone but for myself, I'm not very picky in terms of art or graphic as long as I'm satisfied with the other components, mainly the plot. Shoujo or josei artwork might be similar to each other and made as beautiful and detailed as ever to be inviting. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nodamechi View Post
    Also, another reason may be the fact that I really like slice of life stories and those where there is a very strong woman or a very weird man .
    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I don't like retarded characters at all ( i mean girls that go all gaga for a dude )
    LOL~ This is kind of a double-edged sword for me. At times it would turn me away if I can't stand the 'strange-ness' of the characters, but at other times it keeps me interested as well. XD I thought perhaps it would be interesting to actually see them growing and be better persons. XD

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do you read shoujo/josei series?

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    LOL~ This is kind of a double-edged sword for me. At times it would turn me away if I can't stand the 'strange-ness' of the characters, but at other times it keeps me interested as well. XD I thought perhaps it would be interesting to actually see them growing and be better persons. XD
    Yeah that would be good but it often doesn't happen so ... I just hate weak girls who accept about anything from one guy I mean hellooo there's like billions out there so why make yourself miserable for one dude right

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2