Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The mystery of Lumen Etoile

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Lumen Etoile?

Lumen Etoile which is french- Star light

We got fairy tails big secret here and I think it may have to to with the following

1-the source of magic
    2- Lucy and Layla cuz when thiers stars involved who better than our celestial mage would cause trouble
    3- The secret Ivan left off with...
    4-The dragons true objective (whatever it is they want)
    -Is it just another Fairy Tail magic maybe the most powerful?

Any ideas?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oniichan powaa's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The mystery of Lumen Etoile

In the latest chapter we have come to know Fairy Tail's biggest secret, and it's not the Three Fairy Magic as some would have expected. Placed deep beneath the guild building, locked by magic, this so called 'big secret' was so unexpected that even Gildartz did not see it coming (hiding). So far, Makarov have only explained that is was written about by Mavis, the founder of the guild. Surprising...

I have been researching about this 'Lumen Etoile' a bit and it turned out that the name literally means 'Light' and 'Star'. Even the word 'etoile' is a feminine noun.

Questions arise:

1) What/who is 'Lumen Etoile' or what it might be?
    2) Why is it only known by Fairy Tail masters and shown to would-be master?
    3) What connection it have with Fairy Tail and everything else that matter?
    4) Why does the only party that know about this is Fairy Tail?
    5) Why are they protecting the secret for so long?
    6) Does it have any meaning to the prophecy/dragon mystery?
    7) How do you think it will affect the manga's plot?
    Last edited by oniichan powaa; November 07, 2011 at 06:06 AM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The mystery of Lumen Etoile

My answers:
    Quote Quote:
    I believe it is a gate or a gateway to a higher world, the origin of magic. Where fairies, dragons and other fantasy creatures exist.

Quote Quote:
    Because they will be responsible for protecting it as they are the strongest/most reliable.

Quote Quote:
    Mavis. As Mavis might be a fairy..it is entirely possible that fairy tail's original motive was to protect this said gate.
    Fairies are also known as "guardians" so they might be guardians of Lumen.
    Quote Quote:
    The guild leader used to be a fairy, maybe the only one in the world of humans. And Lumen Etoile is the only gate to the world of fairies/fantasy.
    Quote Quote:
    To carry on the will of the previous masters? Also, maybe lumen etoile cannot be erased or destroyed or stored anywhere else.
    Quote Quote:
    What if it opens to the land of dragons and other fantasy creatures? It would be an adventure for fairy tail to venture in there one day.

Quote Quote:
    Iwan. He knows the secret of ft. He might attack ft or wait for the time is right to open the gate.

Just my thoughts.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, cool thread

@Zeltrax Awesome ideas, I really like them. But Hades just shatters them in my view, despite of that, it's still awesome ideas.

Here's my thoughts, though I'd wish for yours to be true..

Inspired by your research, light and the feminine noun star, the fact it's hidden and the fact that it's keeped to be such a big secret gives some ideas on it's own.

It's most certainly magical, unlikely something else.
    It's connected to Marvis, the founder.
    It's likely something so dangerous or so important that it'd be devastating in the wrong hands.
    It seems to be something "living", like someone keeped sleeping by magic, a strong magical creature.
    I don't think it'd be a gate to a special world to the source of magic, it'd be pretty damn cool if it was though. But if it was, why didn't Hades not stay and focus his attention on this chamber?
    It seems to be something that is either light, or dark, the user determines it's "effect". If someone is bad using it, it becomes dark. Something terrifying that even Zeref would have respect for.

It seems to be something that is not allowed to be known by others, something really dangerous and/or important that it'd be devastating in the wrong hands.
    Even Ivan, Marakov's son left the Guild and became a dark person, the fewer people who knows about it as possible the better a secret.

It seems connected to Marvis, Fairy Tail masters are "trusted" protectors...?
    The Guild Fairy Tail is in reality a façade hiding a big secret...?
    Maybe Fairy Tail is not about being a Guild, they're more like "Guardians" without knowing it. Always protecting their home, "and the secret without knowing it".

Again seems to be of Marvis's doing, again I like the idea of a gate to Fairies as suggested earlier, but I doubt it if it's leading to the source of magic because of Hades.
    Whatever is hidden may not be a secret in the world, but it's whereabouts or who is protecting it may be a secret.

Maybe it can't be destroyed, or possibly it's keeped for a special day / time.
    Personally I think it's something really dangerous, and it can't be destroyed, and is needed to be locked away in secret. If it's truly a living creature that can be both good and bad, then there is no reason to kill it either if you got a good heart, aka Marvis.

There seem to be good and evil dragons. Possibly Marvis is somehow connected to the good dragons, hiding whatever is beneath Fairy Tail.

It seems to be something all the bad guys, in particular Zeref would be wanting to fetch.
    Luckily Fairy Tail returned to protect it before anyone realized it was unprotected.
    Maybe the whole worlds focus will end up on Fairy Tail, instead of Fairy Tail coming to the bad guys, a war or huge fight might arrise at Fairy Tail's home.

Well, thought this up pretty quickly, unfinished thought ideas, I might change my mind after thinking it through probably

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hades shattered my theory because of what he said right? That the origin of magic is darkness or evil or something similar.
    What if he was the only person that actually entered the gate and found out that its of darkness/etc? Maybe zeref has something to do with that gate and he is going to collect him to use him for Lumen and after Tenrou island he was going to head for ft guild.

Okay, way too complicated here.
    Just wanted to say that it is entirely possible to link hades and zeref to lumen.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Lumen Etoile means:

Lumen: Latin for "Light".

Étoile: French for "Star"

Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

wow guys great thoughts:

WHO, i think its a who or rather a whi is related i don't know maybe a dragon or a fairy but this sounds like a prophecy or something that would affect the magical world greatly. Maybe it's the thing that attracts so many DS to fairy Tail

Have to think about it a bit more

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fairy tail magics

As we all know Makarov stated there were three great fairy tail magics.

1 was Fairy Law

2 was Fairy glitter

these are the ones we know of.

then the 1s master showed us fairy sphere as one of the great magics, but since even Makarov did not know of this it makes you wonder what is number 3.

Since lumen etoille is something only Makarov (and the previous masters) knew of
    and more people knew about the three great fairy magics it shouldn't be lumen etoille.
    And it was only said to be the greates FT secret not magic.

So what could be the 3rd (or 4th) great fairy magic

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Great fairy tail magics

Number 3 is Fairy Sphere and nw it seems we have a bigger secret that might link them though Lumen Etoile

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Number 3 is Fairy Sphere and nw it seems we have a bigger secret that might link them though Lumen Etoile
    like I said how can it be fairy sphere caus makarov and others new there were 3 great fairy tail magics but when Mavis talked about fairy sphere Makarov didn't know caus else he would have used it himself in that situation so it seems there is a fourth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Acnologia is called the Dragon of the Apocalipse, and the Apocalipse is a prophecy, i think Lumen etoile is what Mavis wrote about this prophecy, the dragons and dragon slayers role in this.... since everything important in this manga is related to dragons...

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot187 View Post
    like I said how can it be fairy sphere caus makarov and others new there were 3 great fairy tail magics but when Mavis talked about fairy sphere Makarov didn't know caus else he would have used it himself in that situation so it seems there is a fourth.
    You've got a point there, could it be written in Lumen Etoile then? it propably is a very strong offensive magic imho

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    You've got a point there, could it be written in Lumen Etoile then? it propably is a very strong offensive magic imho
    Well seeing Fairy law and Fairy glitter are strong offensive magics, I guess it probably will, and since Makarov is Master again I think that in the next epic Arc that will be about the entire guild it will probably be used by makarov.

I just wonder, does anyone else knows this magic besides Makarov, since Laxus also knew fairy law.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Mavis talked about three great magics of Fairy Tail: Law, Glitter and Sphere.

I think Lumen Etoile is the counterpart to what Hades used as his power source (that thing that was destroyed by Lily, Happy and Charle). Either an ancient artifact or an ancient living being building magical energy from several hundreds years ago. Maybe it's the second piece of Etherion to fire it in an instant instead of loading it slowly...

But for all I know: It's damn bright and made Gildarts almost poop his pants.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Isasa's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think is something that someone can yield.
    Like the whip Virgo gave to Lucy: Fleuve d'étoiles.
    An artfact maybe... or a catalyst to something greater.
    Last edited by Isasa; November 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast